Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Story Progression mod help!

So sorry if this isnt the right place to post this but its not really an 'issue' so posting at twallens site seems inappropriate...

Anyways since Twallen updated his SP Mod he included a new package file called NameList Tuning which is to let you edit the list of names generated at birth, to take the silly names out :roll:

I may be just a little bit thick here... but I cant see any options in game. How do I use this new file?

Comments

• Options
    mrsmariateeteemrsmariateetee Posts: 447 Member
    edited March 2012
    You click on any computer or town hall to find the options for all the mods... since this is a new one to me, not sure exactly where to look under but i'm sure by nosing around you can find it :)
  • Options
    ivinianivinian Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited March 2012
    No idea. I use SP too but never messed with the name stuff. But I can tell you he's super-nice, as is the group at his board, and this doesn't seem like a bad thing to ask about there. They don't bite :)
  • Options
    NESSAROURKENESSAROURKE Posts: 572 Member
    edited March 2012
    You click on any computer or town hall to find the options for all the mods... since this is a new one to me, not sure exactly where to look under but i'm sure by nosing around you can find it :)

I've poked and prodded everywhere in the SP mod, tried computer, city hall, sims and floor and can't find any options for it anywhere :?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    ivinian wrote:
    No idea. I use SP too but never messed with the name stuff. But I can tell you he's super-nice, as is the group at his board, and this doesn't seem like a bad thing to ask about there. They don't bite :)

I know they're all super friendly :) Just didnt want to bother Twallen with my confusion when he has lots to do anyway!

I think I'm gonna give this thread an hour with no extra bumps and if no one can help then ask over there :)
  • Options
    mrsmariateeteemrsmariateetee Posts: 447 Member
    edited March 2012

I've poked and prodded everywhere in the SP mod, tried computer, city hall, sims and floor and can't find any options for it anywhere :?

ugh sorry, that has to be frustrating. I know that I had problems finding an option once after I updated his mods, and realized after I went back onto the site that it was under a different expansion that I had forgot to re-add to my game... its a stretch, but could this have happened with the new one you added?

I'm sorry i'm not any help here, maybe your best bet is to pop over to his site and ask there... best of luck finding the answers, and happy simming!! :)
  • Options
    MckenzieMemberMckenzieMember Posts: 1,231 Member
    edited March 2012
    Hmm after going back to the sims yesterday and fiddling around with my settings, if I remember correctly you can change the name of babies at birth,under the pregnancy options, I think. However I'm not 100% sure so don't quote me.
    What I'm trying to figure out is how to turn off celebrities to stop everyone in bridgeport becoming one :?
  • Options
    DramadramadramaDramadramadrama Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited March 2012
    Im having a problem with this new update too... I keep getting notifications about the pets in the neighbourhood i really wish i wasn't pets dont interest me i just want to know whats happening with my other families... Does anyone know how to turn pet notifications off??

To OP its under general options - pregnancy - Newborn Last Name

You can access it on any computer in the town.. Just click on the option and it will set it to true (meaning you decide the names of the babies)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited March 2012
    Im having a problem with this new update too... I keep getting notifications about the pets in the neighbourhood i really wish i wasn't pets dont interest me i just want to know whats happening with my other families... Does anyone know how to turn pet notifications off??

You can access it on any computer in the town.. Just click on the option and it will set it to true (meaning you decide the names of the babies)

If you go into SP General Options you can alter the notifications for different categories -- I have mine set to Family, Friends and Romantic Interests and it cuts back on a lot of the notifications. (And if you're not friends with any animals you won't get the notifications for them -- the only thing I see is the Stuck Aging Checks that seem to be prevalent and that Overwatch tries to fix.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    DramadramadramaDramadramadrama Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited March 2012

If you go into SP General Options you can alter the notifications for different categories -- I have mine set to Family, Friends and Romantic Interests and it cuts back on a lot of the notifications. (And if you're not friends with any animals you won't get the notifications for them -- the only thing I see is the Stuck Aging Checks that seem to be prevalent and that Overwatch tries to fix.)

Thanks a million i will sort this out now! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited March 2012

Thank you but I already know how to re edit babies names.
    This package I'm talking about is brand new. Only available for this phase of SP.
    It allows you to edit the list of names available to use so that I wont have to rename babies at birth.

I'm just not sure if its supposed to add an option to SP in game or if it just allows me to somehow get into EAS list and change it...

I've asked over at his site but had no replies. Probably because of the time difference, It's almost 6.30pm here in the UK. I'm hoping to wake up tomorrow to a reply :P
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited March 2012
    will twallans be updating this mod again when showtime is released? i dont want to download it while is tesing?
  • Options
    NRaasNRaas Posts: 734 New Member
    edited March 2012
    To7m wrote:
    will twallans be updating this mod again when showtime is released? i dont want to download it while is tesing?

Not unless EA decides to release yet another Patch.

I doubt it though, since Patch 1.31 appears to contain all the [ShowTime] functionality. :)