Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims 3 has stop working, when trying to install a sims3pack?

every time i try to install a sims3pack, the Sims 3 has stop working pops up and closest the upload screen.. i tired 10 sims3packs.. and still no luck.
didn't install any resent packages so idk what can be the problem.

i don't want to reinstall, but if it comes down to that, i will.

Comments

• Options
    smaffiessmaffies Posts: 115
    edited March 2012
    I'm getting the same thing, installing sims3packs was fine for me until recently, not sure what happened.
    I reinstalled today, package files work but not .sims3packs.I go to install the seperate files and I get this popup after the process freezes that says Sims3Error.jpg
    So then I tried to convert everything to .package files and then my whole game sorta died, which was the main reason I uninstalled. But yeah, if anyone finds a fix that would be greatly appriciated!

Scratch that, my whole game imploded upon my second try of fixing it, the loading screen was unresponsive and then crashed and I got the same popup as before.
  • Options
    MateishaMateisha Posts: 14 New Member
    edited May 2012
    If you guys haven't found a solution yet I found that removing my Mods folder to the desktop fixed this problem for me. Once all your sims3packs are installed just move it back :wink:
  • Options
    LadyStac3YLadyStac3Y Posts: 10
    edited April 2013
    If you guys haven't found a solution yet I found that removing my Mods folder to the desktop fixed this problem for me. Once all your sims3packs are installed just move it back

OMG Thank you so much!!! I was about ready to smash my head on my desk but yeah, this worked a treat, thank you :)