Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Perhaps adding 400 friends wasn't the best idea...

Anyone else gotten themselves into this situation? xD

It's taking ages to go through page after page of friends, checking who to remove and who not to. Because of all these notifications! It would be nice if there were a quicker way to go about it!

Suppose it's my own fault though. >_< *sigh*

Will definitely teach me not to be so...accepting of friend requests. Pages just get far too busy! :shock:

Comments

• Options
    Tai_KunTai_Kun Posts: 1,511 New Member
    edited February 2012
    rofl.gif I bet, though I'm sure many, MANY lists will be getting very small very fast. I think it's almost a sweet taste of Karma in a sense. Those who added just for the sake of adding now have to deal with the repercussions. Personally I only had 110, now down to a beautiful 33. 400 is nothing, I removed someone with over 5,000+. That poor soul, I wish I could see the look on her face when she realizes what she has to deal with.
  • Options
    eilianeilian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited February 2012
    So the simmers who were the kindest about accepting FR's are the ones suffering the most now. Sorry you have to deal with this headache :(
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud. - Maya Angelou
  • Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited February 2012
    Lol....ok I have 397 friends, so that means everytime one of them post or comment or fart...Im gonna see it on my page?

THIS SUX!

I just logged in now for the first time and saw this......I did not know it was gonna be this bad

Cant we like turn it off....or do I have to de-friend them to get rid of the junk cluttering my page?
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited February 2012
    doodlesam wrote:

It's taking ages to go through page after page of friends, checking who to remove and who not to. Because of all these notifications! It would be nice if there were a quicker way to go about it!

Will definitely teach me not to be so...accepting of friend requests. Pages just get far too busy! :shock:

It wasn't a bad idea considering how our MyPages were set up at the time. Now it simply isn't efficient to have so many friends. I'm now at 175, down from over 1100. The chaos has been reduced. I'm not interested in every little conversation that goes on amongst my friends, nor do I feel this new page is an improvement. It's a step backwards for the things that matter to me on my page.

However, it depends on how you want to use your page. If you want to get the word out about your creations to a lot of people, you have a captive audience, until they remove you, but the more, the better. And if you are nosy and want to be in everyone's business, I guess it's great.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Tai_KunTai_Kun Posts: 1,511 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Haiden wrote:
    Lol....ok I have 397 friends, so that means everytime one of them post or comment or fart...Im gonna see it on my page?

THIS SUX!

I just logged in now for the first time and saw this......I did not know it was gonna be this bad

Cant we like turn it off....or do I have to de-friend them to get rid of the junk cluttering my page?

The privacy settings allow you to restrict your comments so only friends can post. However, you will see every post they make, as well as every comment made on every post you AND/OR your friends make. This includes posts your friends have made on their own pages, as well as their friends (whom you may not know) that comments on your friends pages.
  • Options
    ashleyadorableashleyadorable Posts: 7,254 Member
    edited February 2012
    201...not nearly as bad but, still a lot of activity D:
  • Options
    missvalerinamissvalerina Posts: 861 Member
    edited February 2012
    I have 35 friends, so no, I don't have that problem :)
  • Options
    abbydoodle96abbydoodle96 Posts: 310 New Member
    edited February 2012
    I guess I'm kind of glad that I don't have that many friends on this site, haha. I don't want to have all those notifications.
  • Options
    KatryaKatrya Posts: 237 Member
    edited February 2012
    I didn't even notice until I read this thread. What a pain. Fortunately I only have 5 friends because I am WAY too shy to ask people to friend me. I like to post on the forums sometime, but the facebooklikeness of my new page is annoying.

ashleyadorable I like your platypus :)
  • Options
    Sugarshoes9ccSugarshoes9cc Posts: 1,562 New Member
    edited February 2012
    95 friends isn't bad but my 'page' isn't my page anymore, it's my 'newsfeed'. Would love it if we could change some things to make it a bit more 'personal'
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited February 2012
    Yes, it's a Wonderful Social system. :lol:

I have no problem with having a lot of friends- they were added for a reason- so they could comment on my page. Now they're commenting on my page.

It was turned into a bad thing by EA. First they said we had to be friends to comment on a page, now they said we only want comments to us on our page~ we shouldn't have friends.

It has nothing to do with Karma. :lol:
    I still accept friend request (EA be danged)- I just might not see if you comment to me any more. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited February 2012
    I only have 61 friends, but I've read some of the posts and...really EA? You think this was a good idea? :roll:

I won't use my page anyway, I doubt I'll even check it anymore. I rarely checked anyway unless someone commented, but if we're gonna get every little piece of "news" on there I won't look. Sorry if you ask me anything on there and I don't reply. But now you'll know.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    DCPuppyGirlDCPuppyGirl Posts: 1,318 Member
    edited February 2012
    I'm sticking to my 25 friends. I don't want clutter.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    5dK3aTu.gif
  • Options
    emzeo85emzeo85 Posts: 365 Member
    edited February 2012
    lol im looking for people to add me to there friends list as im new to all this
  • Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    edited February 2012
    Yeah, I will no longer use my page so I do not have to worry about how many friends I have.

Still though it has nothing to do with karma though. It is just a way for EA to give simmers an unfair punishment.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    Sugarshoes9ccSugarshoes9cc Posts: 1,562 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Sadly removing some friends ...

and then I find one of my friends who has 13,011 friends at this very moment of time :shock:
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited February 2012
    I've always only added people that I've at least talked to for a little bit if i don't know them... And i go back now and then and take out people I've forgotten about. Its not rude its just me trying to avoid a giant list of friends i don't need.. Been doing this since i got this account in 09.^^
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    billisrulzbillisrulz Posts: 415 Member
    edited February 2012
    I have 96. Not too bad.
  • Options
    Loreleilee73Loreleilee73 Posts: 222 Member
    edited February 2012
    Think this is bad now? Wait till they patch our games and all our friends' achievements start popping up on our walls!! The mind boggles, truly it does :lol:
  • Options
    eilianeilian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited February 2012
    Think this is bad now? Wait till they patch our games and all our friends' achievements start popping up on our walls!! The mind boggles, truly it does :lol:

Oh my, I already cringe a little everytime I say something on mypage hoping no one minds seeing me in their feed haha and on top of that, I'll be spamming my friends with achievements? I didn't know this. Apologizing in advance... :shock:
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud. - Maya Angelou
  • Options
    menemene Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited February 2012
    I have around 950 friends. I'm not going to remove any, they added me for a reason so I'll keep them. :mrgreen: And I just got another friend request. Hello new bestie 8)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I think the achievement idea is cool and even though i haven't fully given all of them a look, i wouldn't think they would be so easy that almost anything you do, one pops up...
    Example: "You made a drink!"
    Maybe more like..
    Example: "Reached 10 in the criminal carrier!" or "Reached lifetime goal before adult hood!"

(I can't remember what the lifetime thing is called)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    mene wrote:
    I have around 950 friends. I'm not going to remove any, they added me for a reason so I'll keep them. :mrgreen: And I just got another friend request. Hello new bestie 8)
    Hehe nice av. :D
  • Options
    dash3001dash3001 Posts: 639 Member
    edited February 2012
    doodlesam wrote:

LOL. Does that mean you're going to cut me? A.W.K.W.A.R.D. Just kidding. Yes, you have to do what you have to do 8)
  • Options
    menemene Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited February 2012
    mene wrote:
    Hehe nice av. :D

:mrgreen: Thanks :!: