Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blah Blah Blah

1234568...Next

Comments

• Options
    bananaholicbananaholic Posts: 4,314 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Wait so he annoounced the winner but he didn't gift them?
  • Options
    PhotogSimPhotogSim Posts: 1,729 Member
    edited March 2012

Yup. He posted links to mediafire of illegal downloads of the items that he was "gifting", he had no intention of gifting the winners through the store.

When we pointed out that it was illegal and he could be banned, he removed the links and changed the thread title and abandoned the thread.

• Options
    HylianJovi92HylianJovi92 Posts: 16,760 New Member
    edited March 2012
    PhotogSim wrote:

Yup. He posted links to mediafire of illegal downloads of the items that he was "gifting", he had no intention of gifting the winners through the store.

When we pointed out that it was illegal and he could be banned, he removed the links and changed the thread title and abandoned the thread.
    As if that would keep him out of trouble :roll: By doing this he'll be in more trouble than ever.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    What an idiot.
  • Options
    RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    edited March 2012
    How do you report a whole thread?
    It says (s)he's still online so is probably reading all this! HI KYLENESS!!

An apology would be nice. Faaaaaaar too much to ask, maybe we'll get a link to an illegal download for an apology at some point. :roll:
  • Options
    samanthajane26samanthajane26 Posts: 3,183 Member
    edited March 2012
    Building and making for a contest is a huge task most the time taking days. This is probably worse, not because of the disappointment but because of the time and effort that goes into entries.

To the OP, if you made the contest believing that you could gift something you own which is a misconception I have seen around the forums although I'm not quite sure how someone would think that, then at least give an explanation and full apology rather than just changing the title.

The choice of title changes do suggest this is not the case, however

Maybe someone should give Rawr a nugde so this user name could be added to the contest directory to warn all of any possible future contests run by this user
  • Options
    Rawr2019Rawr2019 Posts: 14,407 Member
    edited March 2012
    -____- What a loon.

I will gladly make a post for this in the directory. People shouldn't waste their times one such people. Very glad I didn't work on something for this. But for those of you who did enter please look around. There are other contest open! That are giving away Lunar Lakes. Please look at them :]
  • Options
    Strawberry275Strawberry275 Posts: 7,774
    edited March 2012
    ...I was planning to upload my entry for this today :? Words cannot describe what I feel towards the *not-a-very-nice-word* who started this contest :evil:
  • Options
    MissyRMissyR Posts: 317 New Member
    edited March 2012
    MissyR wrote:
    Okay decided something postive should come out of this so created a thread with a list of links to entries so peeps can give you guys some rec's.
    I was surprised your entries had so few rec's when I went through them.
    Btw if your entry isnt there, as some links didnt work -or somehow I missed it (apologies if I have) please feel free to add it to my post!

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/508228.page#7868618

Strawberry275:
    Kind simmers will still check out and rec your uploaded entry if you pop a link in this thread or the one I created *hugs*
  • Options
    Strawberry275Strawberry275 Posts: 7,774
    edited March 2012
    Thanks but I might just leave it, it wasn't very good anyway :wink:
  • Options
    samanthajane26samanthajane26 Posts: 3,183 Member
    edited March 2012
    ...I was planning to upload my entry for this today :? Words cannot describe what I feel towards the *not-a-very-nice-word* who started this contest :evil:

Many contests ask for a lot that hasn't been used before, hold onto your entry and save it for another contest, you might just be able to give it a small tweek to fit the requirements and not have wasted all your time on making it for this contest.

Rawr, thank you, with the pages as they are atm, its so hard to try to get a msg to someone. Seems so negative to say beware of... but, its such a shame :cry:
  • Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    edited March 2012
    I wondered what had happened to this thread too. :shock:

Well now I won't feel rushed. I had worked on some sims for this, and was thinking about building but I'll just try one of the other contests.

I am sorry to those who had entered. Wish the world was full of kind people.
    smiley-face-hug.gif
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    BinskyBinsky Posts: 4,263 Member
    edited March 2012
    I will be reporting this user.
    me too, on my way to their page right now, this isn't ok!!! And what is up with the title? It's so.. *shudders and barfs* :'( I was so looking forward to seeing this contest end and congratulate the winners, but noooo... this horrible simmer had to ruin it!!!
  • Options
    BinskyBinsky Posts: 4,263 Member
    edited March 2012
    COME OUT FROM HIDING KYLENESS!!! this isn't okay, I have reported you and I hope other simmers will too, I also hope that if you ever post another contest, you will actually award them for their hard work and NOT make the thread title inappropriate after the contest is over!!!
  • Options
    thesimlingthesimling Posts: 4,486 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Oh dear... he won a contest, and you give everyone the same prize. And the prize is an ILLEGAL COPY of all TS3 Worlds and More Magic :roll: :x :evil:
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited March 2012
    Rawr2019 wrote:
    -____- What a loon.

I will gladly make a post for this in the directory. People shouldn't waste their times one such people. Very glad I didn't work on something for this. But for those of you who did enter please look around. There are other contest open! That are giving away Lunar Lakes. Please look at them :]

as nice as a warning would be, I think it would put you and the trhead in risk. As some might say that is not ok, I'm thinking some at EA.
    Though we really do need a list of scammers... but I don't think we can have it on the forum.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    edited March 2012
    Wow I feel so sorry for those that got tricked by this scammer. I actually was going to upload my sims yesterday but my launcher stopped working after I updated origin. I still havnt updated the game itself but I cant get the launcher to come up. I came here to see if I had anytime left to enter.

I didnt need any of the worlds I was just going to gift it to someone else.

I cant beleive someone would do this, and as Rawr can tell you I havent been the best simmer myself lately.

anyways I still really like the family I was going to upload as I actually have been fine tuning them for months, they just fit the challenge so I was going to upload them now.

Once I get my launcher open I will upload it as a gift to the sim community.
  • Options
    JoolsterJoolster Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited March 2012
    thesimling wrote:
    Oh dear... he won a contest, and you give everyone the same prize. And the prize is an ILLEGAL COPY of all TS3 Worlds and More Magic :roll: :x :evil:

Oh so that's what the links were for? I thought he linked por|\| or something. :?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    We should just let this thread die..
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited March 2012
    As soon as she is online, I am going to report this thread to SimGuruRusskii through her My Page. There is no point just now because it will be gone by the time she is online :?
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2012
    @Callum9432: You know while I find this disgraceful, I would not bother Russkii with it.

The thread has been reported by many and if EA sees it fit to do something about it, they will.

We don't want to scare off our new favorite guru by reporting everything to her.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited March 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    @Callum9432: You know while I find this disgraceful, I would not bother Russkii with it.

The thread has been reported by many and if EA sees it fit to do something about it, they will.

We don't want to scare off our new favorite guru by reporting everything to her.
    Good point, we should probably just leave it to die.