Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Want Lunar Lakes, but can't get simpoints?

I have seen a lot of people on here saying how they want Lunar Lakes but can't get simpoints. We have had a thread in the gift gathering for a few weeks now on a way that you can get simpoints free to spend on what you want in the store.

I signed up for swagbucks three weeks ago and have so far earned over 4500 swagbucks. I earn these by completing surveys, watching videos, searching through a search engine, even playing online games. A $20 EA card is worth a little over 2000 swagbucks, so essentially, in three weeks, I have earned enough points to get Lunar Lakes for free. If you are interested, here is my referral code. Just click on it and it will link you: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Jurik1124

It is completely free to sign up. I haven't spent a penny and have earned over 40 dollars worth of gift cards. In just my free time over the course of a few weeks, that is pretty good. And especially for doing things I do anyways on the internet! The site is completely safe and not a scam. I have checked for viruses and there are none. It is well worth your time. And a good way to earn simpoints to get the content you want for your game.

If you want, the original thread on swagbucks is also located in the gifting section.

Comments

• Options
    mle4evermle4ever Posts: 8,784
    edited February 2012
    I signed up today, and I used your ref. link! :D Thanks for really pushing me to join! ;)
  • Options
    Jurik1124Jurik1124 Posts: 4,627 New Member
    edited February 2012
    mle4ever wrote:
    I signed up today, and I used your ref. link! :D Thanks for really pushing me to join! ;)

Yay! Thank you so much! If you have any questions, feel free to add me to your friends list on swagbucks and I will be happy to answer what I can! :D
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Jurik1124 wrote:
    mle4ever wrote:

Yay! Thank you so much! If you have any questions, feel free to add me to your friends list on swagbucks and I will be happy to answer what I can! :D

Oh, and don't forget to use the search toolbar. It isn't as good as google, but I tend to use it to type in the name of websites I usually go to. Just this morning, I won 35 swagbucks just for searching for the sims 3 site in the toolbar before coming here. :D It only took an extra 2 seconds.

The surveys also give you quite a bit if you qualify and I have done some tasks too - super easy.
  • Options
    Emily485Emily485 Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited February 2012
    Hello! I just made a Swagbucks account. Been on for about 10 mins and already have 60 swagbucks. Woot!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Emily485 wrote:
    Hello! I just made a Swagbucks account. Been on for about 10 mins and already have 60 swagbucks. Woot!

See? Its really very easy! :D I am usually under the line of thinking of "if its too good to be true..." but this has really been paying off for me. Keep at it and it will pay off for you as well. :mrgreen: Glad you joined!
  • Options
    thesimlingthesimling Posts: 4,486 New Member
    edited February 2012
    A couple questions:

Can you get a $10 EA card?? :)
    Is it available in the UK? :)
  • Options
    JacksonGreenJacksonGreen Posts: 83
    edited February 2012
    it's not available in my country :cry: . Thanks anyway :cry:
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    thesimling wrote:
    A couple questions:

Swagbucks is available for people in the UK. But the only EA card I have seen on there is the $20 card. There are other prizes though. I redeemed 5 $5 amazon cards just this past week. There are tons of gift cards available on there and other prizes too.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    it's not available in my country :cry: . Thanks anyway :cry:

Sorry hun. Keep checking back though. I know that they are bringing it to more countries.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Jurik1124 wrote:
    thesimling wrote:
    A couple questions:

Swagbucks is available for people in the UK. But the only EA card I have seen on there is the $20 card. There are other prizes though. I redeemed 5 $5 amazon cards just this past week. There are tons of gift cards available on there and other prizes too.

Thank you... where is the gift card on the Store? Can I have a link to it? :)
  • Options
    XtiejXtiej Posts: 35
    edited February 2012
    Hi, I just signed up using your link too, thanks for the great idea :) But I can't see how to redeem my SB for an EA gift card. I searched EA, EA games, sims, etc but I couldn't find anything. How did you find it?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Here is the link to the gift card: http://www.swagbucks.com/p/prize/26366/EA-Game-Card-20

When you have enough points, you click "snag this" and it will ask you to verify. I always verify with my verification question. Also, the first time you redeem you need to verify through your email or they will send you a code to your phone. I used the phone option with no issues. They texted me the code to type in.

Then, there is a bit of a wait time - mine took about 10 days. You will get notification when it is ready and the code will show up directly in your swagbucks account (doesn't get mailed to you) and you can go to EA and redeem the code. Super easy.

And thank you so much Xtiej for using my link! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I corrected my OP. Just completed a survey about a movie trailer and won another 150 swagbucks, which puts my total over 4000. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Jurik1124 wrote:
    Here is the link to the gift card: http://www.swagbucks.com/p/prize/26366/EA-Game-Card-20

When you have enough points, you click "snag this" and it will ask you to verify. I always verify with my verification question. Also, the first time you redeem you need to verify through your email or they will send you a code to your phone. I used the phone option with no issues. They texted me the code to type in.

Then, there is a bit of a wait time - mine took about 10 days. You will get notification when it is ready and the code will show up directly in your swagbucks account (doesn't get mailed to you) and you can go to EA and redeem the code. Super easy.

Cool, thank you... it's quite hit-and-miss. :cry:
  • Options
    Mojokitty07Mojokitty07 Posts: 222 Member
    edited February 2012
    I tried this today, I think I'm on the side of the fence where I think its bogus only because I tried at least 10 surveys and was disqualified from every one and it did not give a reason. I may try some other things on there eventually but for now it's a complete waste of my time.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I tried this today, I think I'm on the side of the fence where I think its bogus only because I tried at least 10 surveys and was disqualified from every one and it did not give a reason. I may try some other things on there eventually but for now it's a complete waste of my time.

You just have to keep trying. I do get disqualified for surveys, but I am able to complete at least one or 2 a day - usually more. Make sure to do the daily poll - that will give you a swagbuck every day if you remember to do it. And searching is helpful - it seems that about 3 times a day I will win swagbucks for searching. It isn't every time, but randomly. You can get SB by watching videos, but I hardly ever do that. And I have gotten a lot for tasks. You just have to figure out how it works. That was the biggest thing for me, it took a while to figure out how everything works and then you just get into the swing of things.

I would fill out the profiles that you can find on the right side of your Trusted Surveys page. They are kind of lengthy, but you get points for completing each of them and there is a better filter for the surveys because it takes into account what you answer in the profiles. There is one for every main category: finances, health and beauty, entertainment, etc.
  • Options
    PhotogSimPhotogSim Posts: 1,729 Member
    edited February 2012
    I gave up on the surveys I also get DQD. I watch the videos for my swagbucks.

It is not bogus, if you are not in the demographics that the survey creators are looking for you will get DQD.

I do the videos, the daily poll, the daily NoSo, the daily games, etc. There are many many ways to earn points besides the surveys.

I normally get $25-$75 in gift cards per month.
  • Options
    KebachetKebachet Posts: 280 Member
    edited February 2012
    Before I ask my question, I want to say I'm sorry if I missed it in your original post. :)

Do you happen to know if they collect personal information from you? (Address, zipcode, phone number, credit card number) Or if any information collected is shared with other websites?
  • Options
    roniblackroniblack Posts: 3
    edited February 2012
    I really wanted to try that Swagbucks, but for some reason it's not available for Israel.

I can't buy SimPoints, either, because EA doesn't support it here, no idea why. So I guess EA doesn't really want fans from all over the world. This is total discrimination. :(
  • Options
    Candygurl84Candygurl84 Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited February 2012
    Thanks for the info ! I'm going to check this out!
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    edited February 2012
    I also joined today and Lunar Lakes was the exact reason I joined too. LOL

I did have luck with a few surveys, but the majority of them I did get denied. I've answering polls, trying the search feature, and watching videos. I started earlier today and surprised that I've reached 469 sb already.

I'm on a mission and determined to get an EA card and get my little hands on Lunar Lakes. :)
  • Options
    miklcmiklc Posts: 3,110 Member
    edited February 2012
    thesimling wrote:
    Jurik1124 wrote:

I am gutted that us in the UK can not redeem an EA Game Card because that would be the only reason I would join this, seems like quite a good site as well :?
  • Options
    CurlykatzCurlykatz Posts: 338 Member
    edited February 2012
    miklc wrote:
    thesimling wrote:
    Jurik1124 wrote:

I am gutted that us in the UK can not redeem an EA Game Card because that would be the only reason I would join this, seems like quite a good site as well :?

I'm from the UK and I just get the paypal giftcards instead and then transfer that money straight to my bank account and then pay for my sim points from my bank account like normal :)
  • Options
    SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    edited February 2012
    Trying this out :)
  • Options
    katyshewankatyshewan Posts: 2,717 New Member
    edited February 2012
    miklc wrote:
    thesimling wrote:
    Jurik1124 wrote:

How do you know it doesn't work for the UK? I'm looking over it and it doesn't say anything about it not being available to us :?

And thank you so much for this website!! its like getting payed to be on my laptop :mrgreen: HEAVEN :mrgreen: