Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Elder Sim lives for 762 days?

Well I have never played a elder sim cause usually just move one of the kids out when they become a adult, but my one family one of the parents is having his birthday and turning into a elder and when he ages up it says he will live for 762 days what?! my entire sims lives are only 960 days. I don't want a elder sims for 762 days. That means their kids could have kids and grown to a elder before they even die. I play on epic lifespans otherwise I don't have any issues with the game but that elder age annoys the crap out of me.

Has anyone else experience this?

Comments

• Options
    StumbleduckStumbleduck Posts: 751 New Member
    edited February 2012
    I've never had that problem, and I play on epic too. But then thats because I alter the span for each life stage so babies is 1 day, toddlers are 10 days children are 25 days etc.
  • Options
    peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    edited February 2012
    i think you might have misread that elders usually (from what i have seen) say have lived for so many years in otherwords its saying he/she is this old you dont know when they will die of old age
  • Options
    AustralorpAustralorp Posts: 1,171 New Member
    edited February 2012
    It doesn't mean your elder sim will live for 762 days. It just means that that they are 762 days old from baby through to the current time. Elders can also live over their set time by a number of sim days.
  • Options
    Purplefreak3Purplefreak3 Posts: 583 Member
    edited February 2012
    thank you for the replies
  • Options
    AustralorpAustralorp Posts: 1,171 New Member
    edited February 2012
    thank you for the replies

You're welcome.
  • Options
    CmajorCmajor Posts: 34 Member
    edited February 2012
    There are a lot of contributing factors to the aging process in Elder sims.

There are also many traits that cause them to live longer.

For instance, an overweight/obese sims will live less while a fit sim will live longer. Being a vegetarian also adds on for a few days. Being a vampire also extends their lifetime tremendously.
  • Options
    BluewindBluewind Posts: 4,709 New Member
    edited February 2012
    That's a simple fix. Just go into options, click on the Game Options tab, and slide the lifespan slider to decrease the length of elder to your liking. Simple as that. :D
  • Options
    Purplefreak3Purplefreak3 Posts: 583 Member
    edited February 2012
    Bluewind wrote:
    That's a simple fix. Just go into options, click on the Game Options tab, and slide the lifespan slider to decrease the length of elder to your liking. Simple as that. :D

Already that tried age span stays the same being changed from 2 days to 200 days