Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Movie Confirmed?!?!?!?!?!?!

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/5-video-game-franchises-break-192537661.html

If you scroll down on that link, it talks about the Sims and mentions a Sims movie in the making...

"And that's just scratching the surface of this overproduced franchise. Spinoffs include The Sims Online, The Sims Stories and, most recently, The Sims Social. Then there are the 'MySims' console games, six of which have been released since 2007. Tack on a few iOS releases, numerous ports to various handhelds and, of course, the in-development The Sims movie and you wind up with a product spread thinner than the Kardashians."

Comments

• Options
    PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited February 2012
    A. This is the internet.

B. See A.

C. They said it'd be out in 2009, in 2011..
  • Options
    SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited February 2012
    1. this rumor have been around since The "The Sims 2" Era

2. if they are going to make a movie it's going to suck because who wants to see a movie about life?? i dont want to sit in a bio for 2 hours watching people eating, peeing, *******, sleeping and so on. which means that there's never going to be a Sims Movie...
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited February 2012
    2. if they are going to make a movie it's going to suck because who wants to see a movie about life??

*giggle, snort!*

Well, I like movies about life. ;)
  • Options
    JohnnywrJohnnywr Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited February 2012
    Who wants to see a movie with sim people standing around with their hand on their hip tapping their feet for ninety minutes?
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited February 2012
    Johnnywr wrote:
    Who wants to see a movie with sim people standing around with their hand on their hip tapping their feet for ninety minutes?

Well, I wouldn't watch it more then once. ;)
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited February 2012
    EA, in its infinite greed, sold the movie rights to 20th Century Fox, if I remember correctly.

I forget the name of the director, but he has some wacky idea of trying to draw in the teenage boy fans. And the plotline I read about was something a lot like "War Games" In The Sims Movie, two teenage boys would buy a copy of The Sims in a game store. After they get home and load it up on their computer, they start playing and immediately discover that the things they do in the game are reflected in real life...cue conspiracy theory...

In actuality, the only way I would ever go and see any movie involving The Sims would be if it was a computer generated animated movie featuring the original families, and maybe some of their offshoots like Goopy Gilscarbo, the Caliente sisters, and Don Lothario...and don't forget to add a university campus *and* Strange Town.

But honestly, there is so much Sims 2 and Sims 3 machinima out on YouTube, that Hollywood would be wise to pay attention to those. Here's a link to one with a humorous twist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmHh3CDnCrQ

They're called the Super-Mes. (as in more than one me). It's a series of 5 short films put out by an English TV station...only these are strictly online.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited February 2012
    ew. ^
  • Options
    JohnnywrJohnnywr Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited February 2012
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Johnnywr wrote:

Well, I wouldn't watch it more then once. ;)
    :lol:
  • Options
    michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited February 2012
    Imdb says that it is suppose to be scheduled for 2015. That doesn't sound like they have agreed on a story yet or have the financing in place, let alone the actors.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1482462/

Edited to add link
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited February 2012
    Oh my stars! That rumor has been floating since Sims2. I don't see how they can make a movie of it --- unless it's with a twist. You see the Sims going about their lives and in the end realize they're being controlled by a human staring into a computer screen. It would have to be a good story, else I won't bother to see it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    mattgstlmattgstl Posts: 1,714 Member
    edited February 2012
    Oh my stars! That rumor has been floating since Sims2. I don't see how they can make a movie of it --- unless it's with a twist. You see the Sims going about their lives and in the end realize they're being controlled by a human staring into a computer screen. It would have to be a good story, else I won't bother to see it.
    That movie idea sounds great.
  • Options
    samsonkflaisamsonkflai Posts: 883 New Member
    edited February 2012
    have michael bay direct it plz and ty :lol::lol: all we need in it is some fine explosions and it'll be the best anytime jk

but yea the Sims movie has already been rumored for quite sometime apparently the plot is something like this which i have read sometime ago: basically a new guy moves into town (possible Pleasantview aka Sunset Valley)and tries to fit into the crowd but however he/she feels that this town has a secret that they don't want him to know. The character knows there is a force controlling everyone in town is like acting upon orders of uknown. something like that as a plot.
  • Options
    tinkknitztinkknitz Posts: 1,278 Member
    edited February 2012
    everyone in town is like acting upon orders of uknown. something like that as a plot.

Did you ever see The Truman Show? It could be done in that mode but in reverse - starting live action and become more and more in Simlish then turning into Sims. The happy ending would be for the Sims, not the humans.

They can all dance the Smustle in celebration.
    What do I put for a signature once I have been gifted so much that I own The Store? anybody? Bueller?
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited February 2012
    tinkknitz wrote:
    everyone in town is like acting upon orders of uknown. something like that as a plot.

Did you ever see The Truman Show? It could be done in that mode but in reverse - starting live action and become more and more in Simlish then turning into Sims. The happy ending would be for the Sims, not the humans.

They can all dance the Smustle in celebration.

Or they could all die in the end because there's a fence around the pool. :twisted:
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited February 2012
    yeah that rumors been flying around since sims 2 i'll believe it when i see it
  • Options
    Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited February 2012
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    EA, in its infinite greed, sold the movie rights to 20th Century Fox, if I remember correctly.

I forget the name of the director, but he has some wacky idea of trying to draw in the teenage boy fans. And the plotline I read about was something a lot like "War Games" In The Sims Movie, two teenage boys would buy a copy of The Sims in a game store. After they get home and load it up on their computer, they start playing and immediately discover that the things they do in the game are reflected in real life...cue conspiracy theory...

In actuality, the only way I would ever go and see any movie involving The Sims would be if it was a computer generated animated movie featuring the original families, and maybe some of their offshoots like Goopy Gilscarbo, the Caliente sisters, and Don Lothario...and don't forget to add a university campus *and* Strange Town.

But honestly, there is so much Sims 2 and Sims 3 machinima out on YouTube, that Hollywood would be wise to pay attention to those. Here's a link to one with a humorous twist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmHh3CDnCrQ

They're called the Super-Mes. (as in more than one me). It's a series of 5 short films put out by an English TV station...only these are strictly online.

Hi Jarsie! :) I think it would be great if they made an animated movie that had the back stories of the great characters like Don Lothario, the Goths, the Pleasants...etc.... :)
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • Options
    pinkknight06pinkknight06 Posts: 872 Member
    edited February 2012
    from what i herd which was a long time ago it suppose to be about someone finds a game that controls people in the real world.
  • Options
    wizplacewizplace Posts: 1,820 Member
    edited February 2012
  • Options
    Piotr0090Piotr0090 Posts: 23 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Maybe the movie would be about all the families, like the goths and such, explaining what happened.. oh god that would clear up all the speculations :3
  • Options
    Cat0EyeCat0Eye Posts: 4,629 New Member
    edited February 2012
    I think I would enjoy a watching a movie about the backstory of the sims world...but I am not going to pay 10+ bucks to see it on the big screen and more than likely would not pay to rent it...free instant via Netflix, maybe. I would rather it be the opening video of The sims 4 or the next EP.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited February 2012
    SimsTias wrote:
    1. this rumor have been around since The "The Sims 2" Era

2. if they are going to make a movie it's going to suck because who wants to see a movie about life?? i dont want to sit in a bio for 2 hours watching people eating, peeing, *******, sleeping and so on. which means that there's never going to be a Sims Movie...

Could be interesting if done right -- what if you had someone who was totally addicted to the Sims and wished for the Sims lifestyle till one day he (or she, though it would be more fun to make it a he) got zapped into his computer and ended up in a Sims world, and had to learn how to deal with the frustrations and figure out how to get home. Sort of like the TRON movies with less cool factor. :roll:
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    samsonkflaisamsonkflai Posts: 883 New Member
    edited February 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMXME2pm83c

here thats what i'm thinking
  • Options
    NathanNowellNathanNowell Posts: 933 Member
    edited February 2012
    Lol ya, the movie really would suck, I was just pointing it out there so people would know that there might *probably not* be a movie....

• Options
    NathanNowellNathanNowell Posts: 933 Member
    edited February 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMXME2pm83c

here thats what i'm thinking

Lol I've seen that SO many times..