The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Los Angeles New Sims 3 World HELP NEED (New Images)

Welcome to Los Angeles

350ts03.jpg

Information

Its a newly created world I started the project yesterday so still a while to go! This world will have featured landmarks such as the famous Holly Wood Sign, Studios, Buildings etc

2rmpe1u.jpg

Want to Help?

If you would like to help by making lots, studio set's etc just reply to this thread with a link to your lot on the exchange or any other website!

t06ex2.jpg

Size

The Map size is largest and Height Map 300, It has a distant terrain, beach and forest.

1ffz45.jpg

Enjoy

Thank you for taking your time here are some more pictures enjoy!

161df6t.jpg
Holly Wood Sign...

5mem1c.jpg
Studios...

8vr8dx.jpg
Place for sims to rock out...

2ryhev6.jpg
Office...

xp4oar.jpg
Estate by docks...

ibkhe1.jpg
Studio Shot 1...

2621dn4.jpg
Studio Shot 2...

Comments

• Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited February 2012
    Look nice! (although... I have never been to Los Angeles, or really anywhere on the west coast)
  • Options
    AnilMAnilM Posts: 92
    edited February 2012
    clubers wrote:
    Look nice! (although... I have never been to Los Angeles, or really anywhere on the west coast)
    Thank you!
  • Options
    bogglemanboggleman Posts: 668 Member
    edited February 2012
    U r kidding me! Umm los angeles doesent have the hollywood sign that low, the studios are okay, i like the rabbit holes u chose
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    boggleman wrote:
    U r kidding me! Umm los angeles doesent have the hollywood sign that low, the studios are okay, i like the rabbit holes u chose

I've Never been to los Angeles :( so not everything is precise oh and also I added wisteria lane to the studios!
  • Options
    gmgargmgar Posts: 2,064 Member
    edited February 2012
    AnilM wrote:
    boggleman wrote:

I've Never been to los Angeles :( so not everything is precise oh and also I added wisteria lane to the studios!

I was not going to say any thing but...

Yes you never been to L.A. because this is not L.A., and what does Wisteria lane have to do with L.A.

That is a TV show not the city.

Google....try Google there are photo of the place, you can learn from them.

When doing Los Angeles think hot, palm trees and sand!!!! Oh and highways the L.A. freeway system is big.

The homes there are big too, there is a poor side (I know I lived there) but the homes are beautiful there...think southwestern styles and modern styles too.

You are making the home of beaches and movie stars...think...rich, rich, rich!!!

There is a world on here that is L.A. by some simmer that is good/ok.

IMO he left no room to add any thing to his world and that was not a good thing. So many Eps and SPs have come out and you are stuck with what he felt you should have in that world with no way of editing it. It is not user friendly.

The good things about his world is it is so like L.A....from the airport (LAX) to the big hollywood homes to Watts (the poor side of town, remember it well) to his version of Disneyland(not the disney I remebered).

Any way you can find out these things easy by Google.

Research is what you need to do, to make it work...I'm sure you can do it.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    gmgar wrote:
    AnilM wrote:
    boggleman wrote:

I was not going to say any thing but...

Yes you never been to L.A. because this is not L.A., and what does Wisteria lane have to do with L.A.

That is a TV show not the city.

Google....try Google there are photo of the place, you can learn from them.

When doing Los Angeles think hot, palm trees and sand!!!! Oh and highways the L.A. freeway system is big.

The homes there are big too, there is a poor side (I know I lived there) but the homes are beautiful there...think southwestern styles and modern styles too.

You are making the home of beaches and movie stars...think...rich, rich, rich!!!

There is a world on here that is L.A. by some simmer that is good/ok.

IMO he left no room to add any thing to his world and that was not a good thing. So many Eps and SPs have come out and you are stuck with what he felt you should have in that world with no way of editing it. It is not user friendly.

The good things about his world is it is so like L.A....from the airport (LAX) to the big hollywood homes to Watts (the poor side of town, remember it well) to his version of Disneyland(not the disney I remebered).

Any way you can find out these things easy by Google.

Research is what you need to do, to make it work...I'm sure you can do it.

Oh so much hate :cry: it's early days! The best is yet to come! But for your suggestions I'll take on board! by the way wisteria lane is in los angeles in universal studios.... Thank you in any ways
  • Options
    gmgargmgar Posts: 2,064 Member
    edited February 2012
    Ok I see now, I did not look at your profile before, you are not from America.

L.A. is city but it is more about the lifestyle of the people who live there.

Rich people, people who want to be rich, and people want to be stars.

The houses should be big and beautiful (use buydebug for tv, mirrors, cars and oscars)

As far as the city...you not being from here (USA) it is hard to tell you how to make an American city.

The freeway is big and a big part of L.A.

The beaches are different where people go to see and to be seen. Google the pier (Santa Monica) and Venice Beach (all the body builder go down there and work out) an odd place to do it but that is L.A. (to be seen...show off).

L.A. would not be L.A. without the pier and venice beach, or the aiport (LAX) or the freeway (highway) system.

Yes, you need the hollywood sign (The new town Statlight Shores has the sign in Simish), you need Disneyland (not world that is in FL) and Griffith (I can't think of the name of it but it sit on a hill out there over looking the city)and you need the tar pits and yes movie studios and there is Capital Records tower and Rodeo drive (the shopping area) where all the rich poeple shop :P :P :P

To make this L.A. you have to see pictures of these things.

Google, google, and google. :D:D:D
  • Options
    SpideTreSpideTre Posts: 63 Member
    edited February 2012
    haha yes, Google is your friend when you're trying to create a real city on CAW

Flickr, Google images, Wikipedia should all help
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    origin ID: SpiderTre
  • Options
    Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited February 2012
    Just remember that whatever criticisms and suggestions you get, you are initially making this world for yourself. Make YOUR L.A the way you want as long as you are happy with it, after all you are putting in the possibly hundreds of hours it will take to make this world.

Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited February 2012
    I went to L.A. in 2004 and it is not just a city by the buldings built but also a city because of the people who live there. It is nothing luike anywhere else in the world and one of those p[laces that when people think of 'L.A.' they tend to think of the attitude that comes with it rather than a city such as New York which although has its own attitude and people, it is nothing like L.A.

Good luck with this world, it will be greatto see how it turns out!
  • Options
    BobbleBeanBobbleBean Posts: 675 Member
    edited February 2012
    I agree with sneakfeline and I really don't see why some people have felt the need to give u such harsh critism. I think this is looking amazing so far. It doesn't matter how accurate it is, as long as it's playable and to a nice standard (and like I say I think it's looking great)! Keep up the good work! :thumbup: