Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oh. My. God. HELP!

A little while back I posted about how my front porch is a wildlife hotspot, which I'm assuming is because it's the only lot that exists in town. I built another one today, but it's a school/graveyard so it doesn't matter. The point is, my porch is covered in strays, raccoons, deer, and wild horses.

Today I tried to move some Sims out of my house to make room for more babies..and they won't let me Move. It says "Your family is unable to move at this point", which I assumed was because someone was just finished having a birthday... but it still won't let me!

So, I tried to go into edit town mode and move them out that way. Lo and behold, it announces that I can't enter edit town mode when a Sim in my household is dying. Um, excuse me? All my Sims are fine, thank you. So, I looked around at all the animals on my lot, and discovered two cats chilling on my porch with options to "mourn" them. When I clicked mourn, their pictures on my action queue were ghosts.

So, I did what any sensible person would do and I deleted them.

But it STILL wouldn't let me go into Edit Town mode or move!

So then, I opened up my master controller and did everything I could think of to get rid of the dead cats. I cleansed the dead, I buried the dead, I managed the dead...but I'm still stuck in Live mode!

HELP!
purple_flowers_39.jpg

Comments

• Options
    XKidsInLoveXXKidsInLoveX Posts: 4,910 Member
    edited February 2012
    A little while back I posted about how my front porch is a wildlife hotspot, which I'm assuming is because it's the only lot that exists in town. I built another one today, but it's a school/graveyard so it doesn't matter. The point is, my porch is covered in strays, raccoons, deer, and wild horses.

Today I tried to move some Sims out of my house to make room for more babies..and they won't let me Move. It says "Your family is unable to move at this point", which I assumed was because someone was just finished having a birthday... but it still won't let me!

So, I tried to go into edit town mode and move them out that way. Lo and behold, it announces that I can't enter edit town mode when a Sim in my household is dying. Um, excuse me? All my Sims are fine, thank you. So, I looked around at all the animals on my lot, and discovered two cats chilling on my porch with options to "mourn" them. When I clicked mourn, their pictures on my action queue were ghosts.

So, I did what any sensible person would do and I deleted them.

But it STILL wouldn't let me go into Edit Town mode or move!

So then, I opened up my master controller and did everything I could think of to get rid of the dead cats. I cleansed the dead, I buried the dead, I managed the dead...but I'm still stuck in Live mode!

HELP!
    try resetting the town with master controller?? gosh thats an awful issue. I cant think of anything else, im so sorry
  • Options
    AlivannaAlivanna Posts: 89 Member
    edited February 2012
    Have you tried restarting the game yet.
  • Options
    PrincessLala14PrincessLala14 Posts: 29,231 Member
    edited February 2012
    I tried resetting the town with Master Controller, and that didn't help either :(

I've closed the game, but it was saved with dead cats, so I don't know if restarting it will help... :(
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • Options
    carrie_roch1carrie_roch1 Posts: 534 New Member
    edited February 2012
    This is a long-shot, but do you remember the names of the cats? If so, maybe a simple resetsim would work? That has to be a maddening glitch. :shock:
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Nope, I don't know the names of the cats. All it said was "Stray cat" >.<
    And you're right, this is maddening. I'll probably just end up having to save the important Sims to my bin and delete the file and move them elsewhere.
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • Options
    ChanticoChantico Posts: 793 Member
    edited February 2012
    I had the same issue ,only it was a dog in one of my households. I ended up deleting the save . By the way ,when it happened no NPC sims came to my house anymore ,do you have this problem as well?
    "Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,091 Member
    edited February 2012
    Try resetting the cats?

I know you tried resetting with master controller, but did you try resetting your town like you can with a sim

bring up the cheat box type in resetsim *

and hit enter.Perhaps that would work.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    I get news kids and mailpeople, but no other NPCs have come to my house in ages.

I've never heard of that cheat. Hmm. I'll have to investigate tomorrow...
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • Options
    ChanticoChantico Posts: 793 Member
    edited February 2012
    I think this bug has something to do with "Pets". My game was fine until I adopted a dog. :shock:
    "Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    It probably does have to do with them. I blame the strays! XD

Okay, I'm going to Bin all my Sims and start a new save.
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Try resetting the cats?

I know you tried resetting with master controller, but did you try resetting your town like you can with a sim

bring up the cheat box type in resetsim *

and hit enter.Perhaps that would work.

OR NOT! I tried this resolution quickly before I went to save my Sims, went to the phone figuring it wouldn't work... AND IT DID!
    *bows deeply*
    I am forever indebted to you!
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • Options
    MissBeckersMissBeckers Posts: 1,058 New Member
    edited February 2012
    when you do get back into your game, go into buy mode, under decor, statues, there are 3 gnomes holding signs.. one for cats, one for dogs and one for wild life.
    place one of each on your lot and click on each one and choose "Discourag cats, dogs ect" it will help keep them from congregating on your porch.
  • Options
    ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited February 2012
    i have not seen this issue before! i have lots of families with pets too. ill know now how to fix it if it does happen, and ill pass this along to others :)

glad you got it sorted
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited February 2012
    I tried resetting the town with Master Controller, and that didn't help either :(

I've closed the game, but it was saved with dead cats, so I don't know if restarting it will help... :(

I am really sorry and I don't know the answer, but I must say this whole thing made me laugh so hard! Not that you are having a problem, just what the problem is, I imagine it's madness.

are you playing a custom world? maybe the world is the issue?