Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Confirmed: All SimPort Challenges Can Be Completed With Just One Friend

Confirmed by SimGuruBritt on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/#!/SimGuruBritt/status/165253657137385472

This is awesome news! Who else is excited to hear this?

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited February 2012
    Yay thanks for that info, I would rather take longer to achieve the special rewards with one friend than have a lot of peeps I don't really know invading my game :)
  • Options
    slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited February 2012
    mcrudd wrote:
    Yay thanks for that info, I would rather take longer to achieve the special rewards with one friend than have a lot of peeps I don't really know invading my game :)

Me too. I don't see myself collecting all of the rewards to begin with, but it's nice to know that I can do it all with just the one person I plan to SimPort with.
  • Options
    veg_kathrynveg_kathryn Posts: 1,677
    edited February 2012
    slynnski wrote:

I'm excited! Thanks for posting! :)
  • Options
    lvla12ylvla12y Posts: 727 New Member
    edited February 2012
    good for you :)
  • Options
    PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited February 2012
    YES. Thank god.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    slynnski wrote:

I'm excited! Thanks for posting! :)

No problem! Though I have to credit XKidsInLoveX for telling me about it first. :P
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    YES. Thank god.

This is exactly what I thought when I first found out. :lol:
  • Options
    LunarBreeLunarBree Posts: 131
    edited February 2012
    slynnski wrote:
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    YES. Thank god.

Awesome!! My sister and I can just take turns sending our sims in and out of our games!! Thanks for posting this INFO!!
    ---LunarBree
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    LunarBree wrote:
    slynnski wrote:
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    YES. Thank god.

Awesome!! My sister and I can just take turns sending our sims in and out of our games!! Thanks for posting this INFO!!
    ---LunarBree

No problem! And again, a big thanks for XKidsInLoveX for providing me with the info. :)
  • Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited February 2012
    Yay! I am excited to hear this news. :)
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited February 2012
    Another thing to add to my list of reasons why I'm not worried about SimPort.

Now to wait for more info in terms of "object" content... Unfortunately I only build but not as much as gameplay, but hearing interesting stories of others enjoying the game in terms of gameplay might get me into it.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited February 2012
    Well, that is a relief, but I still don't think I'm going to buy the game after all. I'll just enjoy reading about it.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    BlingjohnnyBlingjohnny Posts: 355 Member
    edited February 2012
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    Well, that is a relief, but I still don't think I'm going to buy the game after all. I'll just enjoy reading about it.

See Jarsie? Simport wasn't going to be as bad as you made out! :mrgreen:

Ps. So happy about this news, i can just complete the challenges when i feel like with a friend :)

I knew EA wouldn't be so stupid, 32 days left guys! :D
  • Options
    mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited February 2012
    That is a relief. I'm still not happy that the Sims is adding social features, but I think I can tolerate it if I can just swap with my husband until I get all the rewards, then just play logged out. At least then I'll know it's all safe. I'll probably still wait until the EP goes on sale, though.
  • Options
    tinydancer114tinydancer114 Posts: 307 Member
    edited February 2012
    That is a relief. I'm still not happy that the Sims is adding social features, but I think I can tolerate it if I can just swap with my husband until I get all the rewards, then just play logged out. At least then I'll know it's all safe. I'll probably still wait until the EP goes on sale, though.

Yep, this is exactly what I want to do too!

Do you and your husband have different disks though? I'm thinking we'd each need a different base game and showtime ep disk for registration purposes & therefore be allowed into SimPort. We just share the disks (different computers, play at different times, etc). I'm out if it involves buying another set of disks

Edited: my smiley isn't showing up
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited February 2012
    I am still not buying the game and while I am relieved for those who are concerned about the simport, I question the reason for even having it if you can use one friend to complete challenges. I mean those who don't simport and rightly so, will either not use the feature or just use it with those they know real well or just one good friend. This in my mind makes simport useless as a lot of people who want to use sim port and don't know anybody who plays will be left out. All the people, even the ones who don't have a problem with simport, most likely will be more inclined using it with just a select few or one good friend since they can do this now. I don't blame those who choose to do this, but it is going to eliminate a lot of potential people from being able to use simport for that reason.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Colorist40 wrote:
    I am still not buying the game and while I am relieved for those who are concerned about the simport, I question the reason for even having it if you can use one friend to complete challenges. I mean those who don't simport and rightly so, will either not use the feature or just use it with those they know real well or just one good friend. This in my mind makes simport useless as a lot of people who want to use sim port and don't know anybody who plays will be left out. All the people, even the ones who don't have a problem with simport, most likely will be more inclined using it with just a select few or one good friend since they can do this now. I don't blame those who choose to do this, but it is going to eliminate a lot of potential people from being able to use simport for that reason.

Well, it's good news for people who don't like being spammed with 29347239847239 trillion requests a second from random people we don't know, be it to enter or for us to host, or a friend request on the site. There's always the people that will do anything with anyone, but this makes those who aren't like that feel more at ease.

Still not buying another disc if my fiance and I need another. If they do make it like that, it's a pretty low move.
  • Options
    MiloBeanMiloBean Posts: 770 New Member
    edited February 2012
    I have two computers. Maybe I'll just play with myself.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    MiloBean wrote:
    Maybe I'll just play with myself.

You just made my morning.
  • Options
    allyoopsallyoops Posts: 99 New Member
    edited February 2012
    First thing's first. Milo, you never fail to make me laugh.

Secondly THANK GOODNESS for that. I do have a couple friends, though none I know well enough to trust their game to be free of CC. I want to hear about how the game handles that, and how much I have to be responsible for my friends Sim, and things like that, but this is REALLY good news, and I may (maybemaybemaybe) change my mind about Superstar.
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited February 2012
    This kind of makes the whole simport thing totally pointless .

It should never have been included in the first place, but now it seems EA have realised this and are trying to back out of it as much as possible without losing face .

Even so unless you have 2 computers in your house and can simport between each other asking a friend all those times to accept your sim into their game is going to stretch the friendship to the limit.

Unless you can accept a friends sim and do 20 or 30 gigs in one go
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    This kind of makes the whole simport thing totally pointless .

It should never have been included in the first place, but now it seems EA have realised this and are trying to back out of it as much as possible without losing face .

Even so unless you have 2 computers in your house and can simport between each other asking a friend all those times to accept your sim into their game is going to stretch the friendship to the limit.

Unless you can accept a friends sim and do 20 or 30 gigs in one go

I think the thing is you can send a request out to 2348203423804 people, but only one can accept. And then you need to repeat. And facepalm. I'm guessing it's so we don't get bored as quickly. (Lol as if that'd work.)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    For the people that said this revelation makes SimPort pointless, I have to disagree.

I think more people will be at ease and inclined to use it now that we know we can just use a trusted friend or two to complete everything.

And as Pepperbutt mentioned, I'm sure there will still be PLENTY of simmers who want to gather as many 'friends' as possible to Port with.

I personally see it as opening up more options for people, not making it 'pointless.'

But to each their own.
  • Options
    mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited February 2012
    I'm thinking we'd each need a different base game and showtime ep disk for registration purposes & therefore be allowed into SimPort. We just share the disks (different computers, play at different times, etc). I'm out if it involves buying another set of disks

Yeah, that could be a problem for me, too... Hm. If that's the case, I'll just hold off until the EP or SP after Showtime comes out, then one of us can use the Showtime disc and the other can use the new EP disc. Should be able to get a decent discount on Showtime by then.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I'm thinking we'd each need a different base game and showtime ep disk for registration purposes & therefore be allowed into SimPort. We just share the disks (different computers, play at different times, etc). I'm out if it involves buying another set of disks

Yeah, that could be a problem for me, too... Hm. If that's the case, I'll just hold off until the EP or SP after Showtime comes out, then one of us can use the Showtime disc and the other can use the new EP disc. Should be able to get a decent discount on Showtime by then.

As much as it stinks, I think this will be the case also. Simply because I get the feeling that to SimPort, we will need to physically choose people from our friends list. And if EA uses our same friends list that is on our MyPages, probably only the people who have Showtime registered will show up as options to SimPort with.

Of course this is just speculation, and we can't know anything for sure until EA tells us or the game itself is released. But I think it's a pretty good bet that this is how it's going to work.