Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The winer for Nobel Memorial Prize winner Wisława Szymborska [*] is niac1234 - congratulations

seadramonseadramon Posts: 1,072 New Member
The competition for Nobel Memorial Prize winner Wisława Szymborska [*]

Wislawa Szymborska, a poet living in the small things that she could find miracles of existence.For me she was someone special, so I decided to create this contest.

The competition will consist of building a house in the Gothic / Asia / Modern. To your choice. Lot Size Any, any mods are not allowed. You can use only Sims 3, EP/SP and stuff from dr.Pepper /T-mobile.
If someone decided to Gothic house, a welcome spirits of Sims and pets. But this is not a necessary condition. I encourage you to put on the property of insects / fish / plants / stones / seeds

I need some time to reflect on the criteria (I mean this day). Welcome sponsors and helpers in the evaluation work.

The initial deadline for applications:

the Twenty third of February (23.02).
Week in the deliberations and selection of the winner.
I announced the results of the first of March (01.03).

Below is my favorite poem of the deceased yesterday, Nobel Prize Laureate Wislawa Szymborska:

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2012
    A Cat in an Empty Apartment Wisława Szymborska

Die? One does not do that to a cat.
    Because what's a cat to do
    in an empty apartment?
    Climb the walls.
    Caress against the furniture.
    It seems that nothing has changed here,
    but yet things are different.
    Nothing appears to have been relocated,
    yet everything has been shuffled about.
    The lamp no longer burns in the evenings.

Footsteps can be heard on the stairway,
    but they're not the ones.
    The hand which puts the fish on the platter
    is not the same one which used to do it.

Something here does not begin
    at its usual time.
    Something does not happen quite
    as it should
    Here someone was and was,
    then suddenly disappeared
    and now is stubbornly absent.

All the closets were peered into.
    The shelves were walked through.
    The rug was lifted and examined.
    Even the rule about not scattering
    papers was violated.

What more is to be done?
    Sleep and wait.

Let him return,
    at least make a token appearance.
    Then he'll learn
    that one shouldn't treat a cat like this.
    He will be approached
    as though unwillingly,
    slowly,
    on very offended paws.
    With no spontaneous leaps or squeals at first.

translated by Walter Whipple
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Winers:
    1. niac1234 1700 SimPoints
    2. MadiCullen 1000 SimPoints
    3. murfeel 500 SimPoints
    Honorable Mention:
    4. imoger 300 SimPoints
    5. Daiyu 200 SimPoints

I hope that the contest would be an interesting tribute to a deceased artist's dedication

Judges:
    1. Seadramon
    2. yoda65
    3. martys15
    4. blacksheba1973
    5. bandcampsquirrel
    6. kristenwoods

Elfen3Warrior 1000 SimPoints, you will give to the 1place
    Seadramon 500 SimPoints, I will give to 4 and 5 place
    Euby 500 SimPoints, you will give to the 2 place
    Reachsims 500 SimPoints, you will give to the 1place
    roundheaded 500 SimPoints, you will give to 2place
    bandcampsquirrel 500 SimPoints, you will gave to the 3 place
    Rubysim 200 SimPoints, you will give to the 1 place
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Participants:
    1. walkingstick :wink:
    2. YOTEAMO :D
    3. kirkuk :D
    4. murfeel :D page 7 http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5202238#
    5. MissKate8 :D page 7 http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5188273
    6. ciane :D page 4 http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5134837
    7. JanChirSims :D page 9 http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5219203
    8. kirkuk :wink:
    9. DeathNoteSim :wink:
    10. sweetstop7 :D
    11. TEXASKITTYKAT :D page 6 http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5161111
    12. sparko :D
    13. MadiCullen :D page 6 http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5168664
    14. springfalls :D page 7 http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5188381
    15. niac1234 :D page 10 http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5219708
    16. dadragonslye :D
    17. imoger :D page 8 http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5210888
    18. daiyu :D page 8 http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5216313
    19. EnviedImperfection page 10 http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5220219

A sim of Wisława made by TEXASKITTYKAT:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5142632

Judges: Everyone should make a new lot specifically for the contest or use one from their studio only if it hasn't already been in a previous contest. This is usually the requirement with most building competitions :!:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    gr1zzlygr1zzly Posts: 7,566 Member
    edited February 2012
    2 questions.

1) You say no mods, what about CC?
    1a) In game re colors allowed?

2) what is the ending Date?
  • Options
    EubyEuby Posts: 751 Member
    edited February 2012
    I'll be happy to sponsor some prizes. I'll donate 500 sim points.
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited February 2012
    I will be happy to sponsor 500 points also.

I think it is a wonderful idea to create a home for a poet as we have the author career in the game and I am a bookworm. :mrgreen:

@gr1zzly - He already stated no CC --> "...mods are not allowed. You can use only Sims 3, EP/SP and stuff from dr.Pepper /T-mobile."
  • Options
    gr1zzlygr1zzly Posts: 7,566 Member
    edited February 2012
    Mods and CC are 2 different things.

Mods include MOO, CFE and other in game cheats

CC is custom content, i.e. 3rd party content and CAP.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    :lol: I'm not talking about mods. When he said this-

"You can use only Sims 3, EP/SP and stuff from dr.Pepper /T-mobile."

That implies that no 3PCC is allowed. :wink:
  • Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited February 2012
    Reachsims wrote:
    I will be happy to sponsor 500 points also.

I think it is a wonderful idea to create a home for a poet as we have the author career in the game and I am a bookworm. :mrgreen:

@gr1zzly - He already stated no CC --> "...mods are not allowed. You can use only Sims 3, EP/SP and stuff from dr.Pepper /T-mobile."

Reach hon, mods and cc are 2 totally different things. CC is just usually a modification of a game object, much like a recolor in many cases, but a Mod is something that changes the gameplay/actions, like pose player and such. So I could fully understand why gr1zzly asked that question, because saying no mods doesn't mean no cc and vice-a-versa. Usually contests don't use mods in their OP, rather they say no cc maybe adding nor cap patterns which are not considered cc as they are made with an ea game created program.

huggies ;)

edit:(sp) :oops:
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Reposting -

:!: I'm not talking about mods.

When he said this-

That implies that no CC, nor 3PCC is allowed. :wink:

I can't believe, gr1zzly and Terry, that you actually think I do not know the difference between mods and CC. :? I have all kinds of mods in my game and I know the difference. :lol: Hopefully, someone who doesn't know the difference will learn something.

I'm not posting this message again. I'm an editor and I read well. I don't mean to be rude, so no rudeness is intended. I really don't like having to say something twice.

The question should be - Is store content allowed? (Our host is using a translator.)
  • Options
    RubysimRubysim Posts: 5,811 Member
    edited February 2012
    I will sponsor 200 simpoints
    Gallery ID - Rubysim
    Pictures of my sims will be on my page :)
  • Options
    yoda65yoda65 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited February 2012
    Hi seadramon and everyone!
    Thanks for the invit, ^_^ I can't give you a reply now because I'm too busy, need to leave home soon, but will be back later today…
    May be I can help you for judging, even though I know it's a so difficult task!
    Good luck for the contest! :D soon…soon
    27-11-2015_185647_zpsyfowoxwm.png
    Gallery link - I wish Toddlers, Weather, Pets… in Sims 4
  • Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited February 2012
    Reachsims wrote:
    Reposting -

When he said this-

That implies that no CC, nor 3PCC is allowed. :wink:

I can't believe, gr1zzly and Terry, that you actually think I do not know the difference between mods and CC. :? I have all kinds of mods in my game and I know the difference. :lol: Hopefully, someone who doesn't know the difference will learn something.

I'm not posting this message again. I'm an editor and I read well. I don't mean to be rude, so no rudeness is intended. I really don't like having to say something twice.

The question should be - Is store content allowed? (Our host is using a translator.)

Hon you know I would never intentionally think anything bad of you, I was just trying to explain the difference mainly to what the OP said itself, and now that you said he uses an online translator, that explains the misunderstanding. But now that I read through gramps original post and saw both yours and my mistake, it would do for you to re-read as well :?
    It seems gramps was thinking the cheats MOO,CFE...etc to be mods hon, so that is why he asked about cc :( :? Think we both learned a valuable lesson here, to thoroughly read posts and thier meanings before we jump to the rescue eh? :wink: Again I am so sorry if you felt I was being unkind hon, as that truly wasn't my intention. I think I am gonna take a much needed break from the forums before posting again :( I don't want to stick my foot in my mouth again and end up hurting those I consider to be friends, again I am sorry Reach :wink:
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    roundheadedroundheaded Posts: 873 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Thanks for sharing her poem here, I'll sponsor 500sp :)
  • Options
    TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited February 2012
    I'm not very good at building but I'm really happy that you are hosting a competition in Szymborska's honour. She was an excellent poet... She spent her life creating beautiful works of literary art :)

seadramon, sorry to ask, but are you by any chance Polish or simply a fan of Szymborska's work?

Edit: I checked your profile :P Milo poznac rodaka na tym Forum :D
  • Options
    martys15martys15 Posts: 7,790 New Member
    edited February 2012
    "Żaden dzień się nie powtórzy, nie ma dwóch podobnych nocy. Dwóch tych samych pocałunków, dwóch jednakowych spojrzeń w oczy" (...) It's very shocking. I remember a few years ago I had to learn the poem by heart Szymborskiej [*]

PS. @ seadramon - You live in Poland?

Może zaczniemy p.i.s.a.ć po polsku? :lol: @ Tojax Your Polish is better than my English :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    gr1zzly wrote:
    2 questions.

2)I was away from home, I have a crazy day today. I think that two weeks for the participants and a week for the jury. This is the first contest I need to organize ourselves so your advice whether this time will be Ok.

1) I admit that I do not know at the CC. If it is an object of the game with changed color from plaety colors available in the game it can be. If it is an object outside the EA, I prefer not to risk. Sorry but once I downloaded several objects from Exchange and I had problems with installing of some hairstyles / colors and odd color palettes.

My Friends and donnors, do You wish to help me and yoda65 to judges?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    martys15 wrote:
    "Żaden dzień się nie powtórzy, nie ma dwóch podobnych nocy. Dwóch tych samych pocałunków, dwóch jednakowych spojrzeń w oczy" (...) It's very shocking. I remember a few years ago I had to learn the poem by heart Szymborskiej [*]

PS. @ seadramon - You live in Poland?

Może zaczniemy p.i.s.a.ć po polsku? :lol: @ Tojax Your Polish is better than my English :mrgreen:

Na Polskim forum się nie udzielam, tu znacznie łatwiej o pomoc/poradę i ciekawostki.
    On the Polish forum will not give, this is much easier for geting help / advice and interesting facts.
  • Options
    martys15martys15 Posts: 7,790 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Na polskim forum sz.u.kają nowego moderatora więc może się załapiesz :P ...

• Options
    TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited February 2012
    seadramon wrote:
    Na Polskim forum się nie udzielam, tu znacznie łatwiej o pomoc/poradę i ciekawostki.
    On the Polish forum will not give, this is much easier for geting help / advice and interesting facts.

That's true... but then again, I don't think Sims are as popular in Poland as in the anglophone world :lol:
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Have a nice night and enjoy the contest :twisted:
  • Options
    Elfen3WarriorElfen3Warrior Posts: 718 Member
    edited February 2012
    This seems like a very interesting contest, dedicating to a poet. I will sponsor 1000 simpoints. I hope many will try to make houses, it will be a unique contest. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    THX Honey, are there any sims lover that whant to make there house?
    Elfen3Warrior do you whant as well be a judge :?:
  • Options
    yoda65yoda65 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited February 2012
    seadramon wrote:
    gr1zzly wrote:
    2 questions.

2)I was away from home, I have a crazy day today. I think that two weeks for the participants and a week for the jury. This is the first contest I need to organize ourselves so your advice whether this time will be Ok.

1) I admit that I do not know at the CC. If it is an object of the game with changed color from plaety colors available in the game it can be. If it is an object outside the EA, I prefer not to risk. Sorry but once I downloaded several objects from Exchange and I had problems with installing of some hairstyles / colors and odd color palettes.

My Friends and donnors, do You wish to help me and yoda65 to judges?

Hi, back home! :-)
    I would prefer NO CC! because I just spend days re-installing all store stuff and game on my Mac! :mrgreen: so I try to keep my DCCache files ''clean'' :lol:
    Another possibility is to ask help from fellow simmers using a PC, who can check all entries with CC and ask the participants to remove them before uploading again and submit it for the contest? So I will feel safe to test in my game. :P
    Hope we will have some help for judging? :oops:
    27-11-2015_185647_zpsyfowoxwm.png
    Gallery link - I wish Toddlers, Weather, Pets… in Sims 4
  • Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited February 2012
    Hi hon. I will discuss this with you tomorrow. I'm off to work in a little while. See you all tomorrow. Goodnight. :)
    YShQCz1.png