Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I didn't know this...did you?

I was in my game today, tweeking a dance club I had built. I know you can set the allowances for the barrier rope, but did you know you can also change the type of music you want played through the wall speakers? All you have to do is go into build mode, hold down shift+ctrl and right click on the speaker. It brings up a menu of all the types of music in the game, just select the one you want. I set mine to custom as I have put my own music into my game.

Comments

• Options
    xkookypandaxxkookypandax Posts: 2,527 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Haha yeah, I knew. It's awesome :)
  • Options
    honeyhoney8honeyhoney8 Posts: 2,192 Member
    edited February 2012
    I didn't. Cool.
  • Options
    ddsims3worldddsims3world Posts: 4,519 Member
    edited February 2012
    Yep, I did!
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited February 2012
    Yes, sure did. :P
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited February 2012
    Yes. Did you know ~I heard Custom doesn't work in those speakers. :(
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited February 2012
    I did not know that -- now I think I might try to create a reading room/chess club and set the speakers to classical. 8)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited February 2012
    great tip thanks,this will make my pubs sound better.
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited February 2012
    :0 WHAT?!?!?!
    Omg... You mean all this time when classical music has been playing in my dance clubs, it could have been something, you know, more dance cluby?
    Wow...
    Thanks for the tip though!
  • Options
    Queenie08Queenie08 Posts: 7,588 Member
    edited February 2012
    I actually didn't know that, so thanks :mrgreen:
  • Options
    rgirl1rgirl1 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited February 2012
    I just found this out the other day when I asked about it on the forums :lol:

And yes, Rflong, custom music doesn't work because that's what I wanted to change it to, then had to go back in and change it to something else

Also I think if you take the ropes out all together the bouncer won't be there anymore.
  • Options
    knt1229knt1229 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited February 2012
    I knew you could change the type of music in clubs but you don't have to go into to buy/build mode to do it. If you just click on the speakers you should be able to change the volume and music type just like you do on the in game stereos.
  • Options
    rgirl1rgirl1 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited February 2012
    knt1229 wrote:
    I knew you could change the type of music in clubs but you don't have to go into to buy/build mode to do it. If you just click on the speakers you should be able to change the volume and music type just like you do on the in game stereos.

I can't change the music type in live mode. I only have the option to change the volume or disable :(
  • Options
    MamajanaynayMamajanaynay Posts: 1,139 Member
    edited February 2012
    rgirl1 wrote:
    knt1229 wrote:

I can't change the music type in live mode. I only have the option to change the volume or disable :(

You can do this in build mode. you have to go into edit town, from in the family or town you're playing. and if you have custom music in your game, it won't play. :cry:
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited February 2012
    Where do you get wall speakers?
  • Options
    MamajanaynayMamajanaynay Posts: 1,139 Member
    edited February 2012
    Where do you get wall speakers?

they will be in build mode in the 'community objects' icon & in the second tab. (you have to be in edit town to bring up community objects to place.)
  • Options
    LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    edited February 2012
    If you want them in your house you can turn on cheats and buydebug and get them there. I always put those in my house's so there isn't 5 stereos playing different stations and the sims will turn them on autonomously using a remote ;)
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • Options
    BigBadMushroomBigBadMushroom Posts: 730 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Yes, since all my clubs were playing classical music for some strange reason.
  • Options
    eatinglikeasim3012eatinglikeasim3012 Posts: 484 New Member
    edited February 2012
    :shock: .... 8)
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited February 2012
    I didn't know this..cool :)
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited February 2012
    Yep, you can go to the club through edit town or put in TCE, buy/build on this lot, shift/click and change it that way. It's really hard to rock out to classical. :lol:

Good idea about the reading/chess room. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    mrswoo5mrswoo5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    edited February 2012
    Yes, since all my clubs were playing classical music for some strange reason.

Yeah mine too, it became quite annoying after a while so i was glad when someone else posted this tip a while back.
  • Options
    angeldollxxangeldollxx Posts: 786 New Member
    edited February 2012
    omg next time i play im going to do this!! i never knew that
  • Options
    Maximilian1996Maximilian1996 Posts: 1,412 New Member
    edited February 2012
    That's very useful! I didn't know that yet, thanks! ;)
  • Options
    daddybuffsdaddybuffs Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    I know that you can change the music and all that but I have a question.

In my gigantic house I have like 50 wall speakers and I was wondering if there was a way to turn them all on at once? If you have the answer, I would be happy to know. Thanks!

• Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited October 2012
    Actually I didn't know. :oops:
    I wanted to change the classical music playing in my dance club and never could figure out how to do it.Thanks. :D