Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you purchase sims points from the EA Account balance

HI all,
It has been a while since I was here. I am trying to buy sims points. I have a EA/ Pogo Game Card 20 dollars. How do I buy simpoints from my EA account? It is showing my purchase of 20 dollars in my ea account balance. I have gone to the buy simspoints section of MY Account and the only option is to use a credit card. No options to buy simspoints from your EA Account.

At this time my Card is redeemed and I cannot redeem it anywhere again. I did a search on both help and store general forum. I did not find the information I am looking for. I appreciate anyones help in this matter.
Thanks in advance
Your Sim Friend,
Winterloc

Comments

• Options
    kittana514kittana514 Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited January 2012
    I'm not exactly sure - but did you check to see if they are on Origin as well. On the bottom of the Billing page there is an option to use your balance there. Since it is linked with your EA account it might show there.

If not them I'm sure contacting customer service will help.. or at least I hope it will help :)
  • Options
    winterlocwinterloc Posts: 348 Member
    edited January 2012
    Thank you kittana514,
    I have been on the origin site many times since looking to find where to purchase the simspoints from my EA account balance. The only options I am finding is to use a credit card. I have not found any option to use the balance from the EA account. I remember using this ea account in the past and all I had to do was go to buy the 20.00 simpoints click on the bullseye for the 20 dollars then there would be the options of credit card paypal and EA account. I would click EA account and my balace would go right to the sims points and the EA balance would clear back down to 0.00

Maybe things have changed around here and the only way to buy simspoints now is to use a charge card or paypal. Not sure but as it stands I have moneys in my ea account. I have done many searches including google and have not found any information as how to buy the simpoints with the or from the ea account.

Thank you so much for replying if I could give you a bene I would. This site does not do that. but I will give you a :thumbup: for trying to help me out. Thank you again.
    Your sim friend,
    Winterloc
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Sorry it wasn't more helpful - does that option not show for you above the credit card. I have Origin Account Balance as a choice (I have no balance there though)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Thank you again, I did check the ea site and the origin site and the buy sims points site again nothing there at those that I can find. It must be well hidden or the way to get to the Ea account balance must have many miles before you can reach it. I am still looking around at everything I can think of and I cannot find where to purchase the simpoints with your ea account or ea balance. It just shows nicely on my account page that I have a balance in my ea account.

I want to buy the new magic set. I am sure there is some expert simplayer here that is buying it too and they know how to get to buy the simpoints from the ea balance. I know I am not the only here buying this new set, or wanting to buy this new set.

You are a dear trying to help me out. :thumbup: I am just surprised that these game cards are so different then from when last I purchased. I believe I did everything I was suppose to purchase the simpoints. They are just ea dollars now.
    Thanks so much for your help if you can think of anything more I would be greatful. :-)
    Your sim friend,
    Winterloc
  • Options
    qnoftheamazonqnoftheamazon Posts: 643 Member
    edited January 2012
    I too have an EA account balance but I buy my points through Origin(not www.origin.com website). It is also known as the EA download manager. Just double click the orange O on your desktop. Type in your username and password. Click on store and look for this:

2zr2c1h.jpg

Select the amount of Sim points you want to buy add it to your cart and click on the shopping cart to go check out. Type in your information( name, address, phone number, etc.). It will allow you to use your EA account balance. They will also email you a receipt.

Edit: left something out
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Thank you qnoftheamazon,
    I was there one of my travels trying to find this. I am there now and what I see is buy with a charge card after placing in shopping card still no options of buy with ea account. Do I have to fill out the charge card information before I can redeem this EA balance. Thank you so much for this information. :thumbup:
    Your sim friend,
    Winterloc
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Thank you qnoftheamazon,

I got it now. Wow what a round about why to use these 20 dollar cards that is purchased in the local walmart etc. What I was not doing was not putting in my Charg Card information. Once I did that then it brought me where I could purchase from the ea account.

Use to be where you would just do this all from your sims3 page account and would just go in to the simpoints with no problem. Now they need charge card information just to use these cards.

Seriously this game and site and what have you are getting more and more complicated. Once sims 3 is complete I will not be getting sims four I can only imagine what it will be like. Seems like you need a PHD now to buy sims points.

Thank you again I wonder the next time how this will change yet again.
    Here is a big thank you for you and a big thumbs up. I would not have put in my charge card information if not for your help qnoftheamazon and kittana514. Thank you both so much for all of your help. :thumbup:

Your sim friend,
    Winterloc
  • Options
    SteffstarSteffstar Posts: 1,354 Member
    edited January 2012
    I too have an EA account balance but I buy my points through Origin(not www.origin.com website). It is also known as the EA download manager. Just double click the orange O on your desktop. Type in your username and password. Click on store and look for this:

2zr2c1h.jpg

Select the amount of Sim points you want to buy add it to your cart and click on the shopping cart to go check out. It will allow you to use your EA account balance. They will also email you a receipt.

Edit: left something out

Hey, how long does this take? I did it about 15 min ago, and now I have no EA balance, and no simpoints. Does it update after the email is sent (which hasn't shown up yet) or what? Because, I'm going to be really upset if I never get my simpoints and just wasted my birthday money.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Hi There Steffstar,

It should not take long once you have completed your charge card information then it should bring up the buy your simpoints with your ea acount. Once you do that then it shows up at the top of your simpage once you have gone in to the store to purchase what you want.I think the email is sent after you get you simpoints, it is a receipt of your transaction. I got mine after I got my simpoints.
    Hope this helps you out some.
    Your sim friend,
    Winterloc
  • Options
    qnoftheamazonqnoftheamazon Posts: 643 Member
    edited January 2012
    Steffstar

Hey, how long does this take? I did it about 15 min ago, and now I have no EA balance, and no simpoints. Does it update after the email is sent (which hasn't shown up yet) or what? Because, I'm going to be really upset if I never get my simpoints and just wasted my birthday money.

It should only take a couple of minutes. Mine have always posted immediately. If you are signed into your Sims 3 account on the Sims 3 website, hit refresh and make sure to check your email. Make sure it is the same email address you provided to have the receipt sent to you.

You're welcome Winterloc.
  • Options
    ireneruthyablonireneruthyablon Posts: 555 Member
    edited January 2012
    It has been a while since I was here. I am trying to buy sims points. I have a EA/ Pogo Game Card 20 dollars. How do I buy simpoints from my EA account? It is showing my purchase of 20 dollars in my ea account balance. I have gone to the buy simspoints section of MY Account and the only option is to use a credit card. No options to buy simspoints from your EA Account.

Winterloc, was the EA/Pogo Game Card bought to use for the Sims 3? Were you looking to find the points bought from this card on the Origin website?
    Use to be where you would just do this all from your sims3 page account and would just go in to the simpoints with no problem. Now they need charge card information just to use these cards.

I am positive when you gave Origin your credit card info it was used to pay for those points not the EA/Pogo Card. The card you bought is used at this website: http://www.pogo.com/. On this page
    http://store.thesims3.com/waystoPay.html at the bottom it shows pictures of the cards that can be used to purchase points for the Sims 3. The code that is revealed on the back after it's scratched is then used on the Origin Shopping Cart page in the section for a promotional code.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Hi all,

Yes to your question ireneruthyablon. Thank you for posting sorry it took me a while to get back to this post as it went down the slide really fast.

Just a catch up on the EA/ Pogo gift card. No the point were not charged to my charge card, I guess you have to fill in the info to get to the page that gives you the option to use your EA account or a charge card. I Clicked use my sims EA account and got my simpoints.

One reason for this could have been because in the past I did use my sims gift cards to buy Sims Medieval. I might not have had enough simpoints so I might have had to use my charge card not sure put I do know this charge card page came up and I had to fill it out and then click continue and there were my EA points for the 20 amount. ireneruthyablon, I just wanted to mention also that it did not ask for my charge card number just name address and phone number which I thought was a bit much. To the rest of your reply I really did not get to where you mentioned on the page after I got to the EA/ pogo picture it just went to my ea account. I looked around all over my sims account and could not find where to purchase from the ea account. I did not know we had to use the Origin account to purchase. When I got SM I got it through my Ea account.

Thank you all for posting
    Your sim friend,
    Winterloc

Edit because I had more information to give here for this post.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    So glad you got that all worked out :)

Enjoy!
  • Options
    ireneruthyablonireneruthyablon Posts: 555 Member
    edited February 2012
    Thank you, winterloc, for letting us know what happened.

From what you said it sounds like that the money from any of these EA game gift cards goes into the same account. I thought it would go into an account for that game. I never considered the possibility that the money for one game could be used for another. Very interesting.

It seems as though the whole system for using those sims gift cards is rather complicated.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Hi ireneruthyablon,

Yes I found it complicated myself. Going from my sim page then to my account then over to origin. I felt like I was running miles just to get the 20 on my simpoints account.

Yes it can be used for more then one game and your know you can buy games with the gift cards as well. You are welcome for what ever information I can share here.
    I guess you have to go just through origin now. I will see the next time I get gift cards to buy simpoints.

Thanks kittana514, for being happy for me that I got my simpoints worked out. thanks for excepting my sims friend request. :thumbup:

Your sim friend,
    Winterloc
  • Options
    foxfamily13foxfamily13 Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Hey guys so i had the same problem. All you have to do is find the amount of simpoints card you would like on the origin website, then buy it with the ea account balance.After that when you log into the sims 3 website your simpoints and ea account balance will show up.
    Hope i Helped,
    Foxfamily13 :lol::lol:
  • Options
    keelybartonkeelybarton Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    I was wodering if you could help me with my EA card. Im trying to purchase sim points with my EA Card?!?!?!
  • Options
    keelybartonkeelybarton Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    Someone please help me with my EA card.....