Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did you watch the live Q&A?

WOW! I will be the first to admit...yes, I had my doubts about showtime, the title didn't thrill me at all, but...WOW! This looks like an awesome ep! What do you think? Lets talk about it! :D

Comments

• Options
    XKidsInLoveXXKidsInLoveX Posts: 4,910 Member
    edited January 2012
    WOW! I will be the first to admit...yes, I had my doubts about showtime, the title didn't thrill me at all, but...WOW! This looks like an awesome ep! What do you think? Lets talk about it! :D
    I know!!! Im so friggen excited!!! :D I want it lol
  • Options
    JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited January 2012
    Yes, I did.

The content was great, but I'm not as excited for it as I thought I would be. Wasn't there a screenshot with what looked like a boardwalk/pier that had all the little stores and games on it?

Was disappointed that it appears to be a set up by EA and not in Starlight Shores.
  • Options
    OnAvieOnAvie Posts: 1,611 Member
    edited January 2012
    I did watch it. I'm glad they finally showed the new town, and some actual gameplay.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Yes, I did.

The content was great, but I'm not as excited for it as I thought I would be. Wasn't there a screenshot with what looked like a boardwalk/pier that had all the little stores and games on it?

Was disappointed that it appears to be a set up by EA and not in Starlight Shores.
    Yeah, that was all staged. heres a picture and an article about it
    6723442333_ebca0e4728_m.jpg
    6723442261_76dfb21e3f_m.jpg
    http://simsvip.com/?p=5315
  • Options
    MamajanaynayMamajanaynay Posts: 1,139 Member
    edited January 2012
    Yes, I did.

I didn't see that. They also didn't show anything about the park and the golf driving range. I'm not so sure on the sim port aspect, but it does look like it is full of stuff for your sim to do.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    OnAvie wrote:
    I did watch it. I'm glad they finally showed the new town, and some actual gameplay.

I love the look of Starlite Shores! It looks...comfortable... 8)
  • Options
    SimGuruPopTartSimGuruPopTart Posts: 803 SimGuru (retired)
    edited January 2012
    Glad you guys enjoyed the live Q & A! :)
  • Options
    JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited January 2012
    i loved it....makes me want the ex pack even more....can't wait!!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Jenieusa wrote:

LOL! I know right?! I'm so excited...I think I may give myself a heart attack! :wink:
  • Options
    extremeasaurextremeasaur Posts: 2,701 Member
    edited January 2012
    I pre-ordered it just for the pool table.

After seeing the grocery store and a few of the other new rabbit holes I think I will have fun importing them into Barnacle bay.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited January 2012
    :oops: I forgot today was the day, so I took care of the stuff that needed my attention, first. Consequently, by the time I came here and saw the news on the front page, I clicked onto the livefeed while there was about 30-40 minutes left, maybe less. I don't recall the time on the clock.

What I saw looked awesome, however. I'm really sorry I missed the first several minutes and hope to catch it later. What I did see had an odd effect on me --- it almost made me cry. :shock:

Guess I haven't had enough sleep lately or something. Yikes. Now, I fear I have a terrible case of PEPs. I will likely run out tomorrow, since I have other tasks to take care of, and pre-order my copy of Showtime. I'm leaning more toward spending that extra ten dollars for the LE, since that's what I was originally going to do. If I can swing it, that is.

I had talked myself into the standard edition, since GameStop offers all three editions from which to choose. I'll figure it out by the time I make my pre-order. (I like to pay for the whole thing up front, and since my local GameStop allows it, it's the easiest thing for me.)

I am now oddly more curious about SimPort, wishing I had more friends. LOL Perhaps, the friends on my list here will indulge me. It could happen . . . . :P
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    plenilunesplenilunes Posts: 296 Member
    edited January 2012
    The content seemed really cool. I like the new entertainment items (HELLO PHOTOBOOTH! So excited!). I really like Starlight Shores, it looks beautiful.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I already ordered the LE version, but...even though I won't play as Katy Perry, I kinda want to order that one, too. Not sure what to do.

I just like the idea of having all the content that is available.

Anyone else as crazy as me? :?:
  • Options
    JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited January 2012
    Jenieusa wrote:

LOL! I know right?! I'm so excited...I think I may give myself a heart attack! :wink:

No no..don't do that...you want to play the game right???...lmao

Its just all those new things to do....dang it...i wanna play now...!!
  • Options
    JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited January 2012

Gosh darn it...I wonder if it's easy to recreate that in our own games?
  • Options
    knt1229knt1229 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited January 2012
    I didn't like the idea of this EP at first. But after watching the Live Chat I'm excited. It seems that the Simport feature isn't as big apart of the EP as it seemed at first. The careers looked pretty cool and the new objects and activities seem like they will be good additions to the game.

The one con: I'm still skeptical about sims showing up for shows. It looked like a huge crowd of sims on the Live Chat but I will have to see it in my game to believe that there really will be a big crowd of sims in the audience whenever my sim performs.
  • Options
    Joel2810Joel2810 Posts: 989 Member
    edited January 2012
    I am still a bit hesitant about getting it. I hate the social features. but I don't know...
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    knt1229 wrote:
    I didn't like the idea of this EP at first. But after watching the Live Chat I'm excited. It seems that the Simport feature isn't as big apart of the EP as it seemed at first. The careers looked pretty cool and the new objects and activities seem like they will be good additions to the game.

The one con: I'm still skeptical about sims showing up for shows. It looked like a huge crowd of sims on the Live Chat but I will have to see it in my game to believe that there really will be a big crowd of sims in the audience whenever my sim performs.
    i think the first row were real sims, the others that were blacked out were like moving props inside the venue to look more real, and the rest was blacked out to look like more were there :)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Joel2810 wrote:
    I am still a bit hesitant about getting it. I hate the social features. but I don't know...

I agree, I am not interested in the Social aspect of it, but they really tried hard to drive home the fact that it was totally optional. So that part you can just ignore if you like.

I know I will not use that aspect at all.
  • Options
    edited January 2012

Gosh darn it...I wonder if it's easy to recreate that in our own games?

probably! or take to twitter and ask a guru to upload it to the exchange for download?
    that big building in the back with the flag on top, looks like the equestrian center rabbithole, just examine the picture and see what you can pick out ;)
  • Options
    knt1229knt1229 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited January 2012
    knt1229 wrote:

i think the first row were real sims, the others that were blacked out were like moving props inside the venue to look more real, and the rest was blacked out to look like more were there :)

I knew it!!! I knew it couldn't possibly be a room full of sims. So we will probably end up with 2 real sims and the rest props and lots of sound effects to make it sound like a room full of sims.

EA strikes again LOL
  • Options
    SoleilStarrSoleilStarr Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited January 2012
    I'm super excited. Having to wait a full month is tortureeeeeee! I loved that one female magician outfit they showed. The kind of victorian ring leader one. I already know how I want to recolor it. :lol: 8)
  • Options
    KrazyAngelKat81KrazyAngelKat81 Posts: 492 Member
    edited January 2012
    I kinda hate myself for this but I'm actually even less excited. I had hoped that they would give us a deeper insight into the social features. They didn't and that was deliberate. Seeing as that is such a big feature of this EP I felt that was wrong. Also the content that they did show isn't that exciting or original. Although it was nice to see the pool table and photobooth I really want something new. I'll be looking out for future live chats and information. So far there hasn't been enough to make me want to buy it. To be honest it makes me feel sad as it will be the first instalment of The Sims franchise that I haven't pre-ordered. I just can't shake the feeling that we are being short-changed with this EP.
    KrazyAngelKat81's Links:
    My Simblr (Tumblr): Love and Scenery Sims 4
    My Official Sims 4 Downloads:
    LandSS4%20Banner.jpg
  • Options
    KarennKarenn Posts: 4,326 Member
    edited January 2012
    Yes i watched it. I liked everything they showed so i am def getting it.
    Already preordered. :)
  • Options
    MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited January 2012
    I really liked that cowboy club and was excited about the new jukebox it will now allow me upload my 50's diner themed club.I have already created it but since I used a CC jukebox in it I never put it up on the exchange since I want to keep my creations that I share CC free.