Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No More Comment Icon w/ My Page Update!

I just looked over the picture again of the new My Page layout and noticed that they took away the little comment icon (thumbs up in speeech bubble)

Now my guess is they're taking this away so that we have to now go to our My Page to check if we get a comment and also so that this way they know we'll use this new feature if we want to check.

What are you thoughts on this?
Picture below so you can check it out.

mypagechanges.jpg

Comments

• Options
    PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Don't care. I don't get comments anyway. c:

Seriously, though, no notifications? Even FB does that. (DO NOT START EMAIL SPAMMING LIKE FB. NO NO NO NO NO.)
  • Options
    sims3jordan09sims3jordan09 Posts: 663
    edited January 2012
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    Cool. And you couldn't of just kept that to yourself?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2012
    Im not liking this change. I'm hoping EA will add one and they just didn't show it on that page.
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited January 2012
    Pepperbutt wrote:

Seriously, though, no notifications? Even FB does that. (DO NOT START EMAIL SPAMMING LIKE FB. NO NO NO NO NO.)

THIS!!

...also couldn't help but notice that the "Wishlist" is located very prominately on the page. Very subtle, EA. :roll:
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    RawrGoesTheCatRawrGoesTheCat Posts: 1,947 Member
    edited January 2012
    Oh wow...This is just getting pathetic EA. :? Seriously? I do NOT like Facebook and I would rather Facebook be kept to it's actual URL! I like our current layouts, I do not fancy not being able to tell the difference between My Page and the million others of simmers :!: Why do you need to add notifications to the My Page for something such as a new friend, or an updated profile... :roll: This is just stupid EA. I hope you realise that this site isn't a social-network, no it's a game! Remember the name EA, The Sims? Hmm...remember that the next time you bring out an EP and decide you need a Facebook account to log in to the website. If that happens, bye bye Sims 3 for me.

^ Sorry for my rant there. Just tired of EA's stupid tricks.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited January 2012
    I noticed the notifications for comments is gone, but what can we do? *shrugs*

Just will not use it. That may be what they want anyway? That is why I don't visit my FB page but once a week, unless close family and friends reach me by e-mail, I will not know what is happening until it's too late.

Same here I guess.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited January 2012
    Oh wow...This is just getting pathetic EA. :? Seriously? I do NOT like Facebook and I would rather Facebook be kept to it's actual URL! I like our current layouts, I do not fancy not being able to tell the difference between My Page and the million others of simmers :!: Why do you need to add notifications to the My Page for something such as a new friend, or an updated profile... :roll: This is just stupid EA. I hope you realise that this site isn't a social-network, no it's a game! Remember the name EA, The Sims? Hmm...remember that the next time you bring out an EP and decide you need a Facebook account to log in to the website. If that happens, bye bye Sims 3 for me.

^ Sorry for my rant there. Just tired of EA's stupid tricks.

You won't need a Facebook account, but you will need an Origin account so you can create an Origin ID, because it's looking like you're going to have to log in through your Origin ID...probably even to log into the website itself.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited January 2012
    Pepperbutt wrote:

Lol~You can't get comments- you're page is hidden. :lol: