Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Relationships need to be improved.

Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
Who else thinks that the Sims in TS3 should have three relationship bars.

1. Daily relationship - same as in TS2 this one goes up and down quickly.

2. Lifetime Relationship - again same as TS2 this one goes up and down very slowly.

3. Attraction - This one is the big one it goes up and down at varying speeds dependant on the sims traits and controls whether or not a sim finds another sim very attractive(the initial Attraction is based on the target sims traits and compatibility with the current sim but can be changed over time), but it would allow for two people to be very good friends but not become instant lovers with just one small kiss, it would also remove the irritating tendency the sims in TS3 have to cheat with everything on two legs(only because pets aren't in the game). Sims with the proposed 'shy' trait would see their relationship and attraction bars fill very slowly, those with the hot-headed traits would see them shift very rapidly.

I personally think this would be a major improvement to the game, does anyone else think so?
raw

Comments

• Options
    katee053katee053 Posts: 443 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree!

I definately think they should have an attraction thing, like from Nightlife, at least. It'd work so well with the traits.

• Options
    edited June 2009
    I was thinking more along the lines of a bar(similar to the relationship bar) the traits of each sim define their compatibility(Attraction bar baseline) but the bar can be changed over time so a sim can warm up to another sim.

For additional posts see: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/49170.page
    raw
  • Options
    PinkcessPinkcess Posts: 34 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree with it going up/down too quickly. I had a sibling that were best friends, then all of a sudden they started hating each other. I kept trying to make them be friends again, but every time they "chatted" or did something nice, they disliked each other even more.
  • Options
    GalendaeGalendae Posts: 76 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I gain more stalkers that way. My poor simette does an autograph session and suddenly is friends with everyone in town. What's worse is that then because they are now friends, they all try and ring her right before work!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Galendae wrote:
    I gain more stalkers that way. My poor simette does an autograph session and suddenly is friends with everyone in town. What's worse is that then because they are now friends, they all try and ring her right before work!

At present in TS3 doing anything that involves any sort of relationship building with multiple sims is a disaster for long-term/spousal relationships, as when the relationship bar goes to a certain level they'll automatically start initiating romantic interactions... If their spouse sees them it can instantly devastate their relationship, potentially ruining the players hard work.

Keeping sims from cheating on eachother in this game is something of an uphill battle.
    raw
  • Options
    nuclearsoupnuclearsoup Posts: 56 New Member
    edited June 2009
    tbh i find that they make friends/romantic partners too easily.
    In just 2 sim days i married a random sim. sometimes even 1 day.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    tbh i find that they make friends/romantic partners too easily.
    In just 2 sim days i married a random sim. sometimes even 1 day.

The lifetime relationship bar was added in TS2 to prevent sims from making friends too easily, my proposal would also mean that sims would have to deliberately court each other for quite a while in order to become romantic partners.
    raw
  • Options
    loopsydooloopsydoo Posts: 336 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I totally agree and it should not always be a two way attraction, it should be more as in real life. IE in S2 you had Aries being attracted to but repelled by Gemini and Virgo attracted to Aquarius but being repelled by them.

This was fun to watch as one pursued the other but the other was not interested.

S3 is ruddy boring and as clear as mud and I don't like the way it has to be user initiated all the time. In S2 you could use SimPe to gender bias the whole hood and sit back and watch the fun. This version of the game is frustrating and totally snoresville.

kind regards
  • Options
    RaithieRaithie Posts: 187 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I definitely agree. This would be a great improvement as I find it way to easy to build romantic relationships. If there were more interactions with each other it would also be better, as nearly all my sims romance the same way, and I find it gets a bit repetitive.
  • Options
    Agent_66Agent_66 Posts: 113 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Evil_One wrote:
    Who else thinks that the Sims in TS3 should have three relationship bars.

1. Daily relationship - same as in TS2 this one goes up and down quickly.

2. Lifetime Relationship - again same as TS2 this one goes up and down very slowly.

3. Attraction - This one is the big one it goes up and down at varying speeds dependant on the sims traits and controls whether or not a sim finds another sim very attractive(the initial Attraction is based on the target sims traits and compatibility with the current sim but can be changed over time), but it would allow for two people to be very good friends but not become instant lovers with just one small kiss, it would also remove the irritating tendency the sims in TS3 have to cheat with everything on two legs(only because pets aren't in the game). Sims with the proposed 'shy' trait would see their relationship and attraction bars fill very slowly, those with the hot-headed traits would see them shift very rapidly.

I personally think this would be a major improvement to the game, does anyone else think so?

I think this is a great idea, especially now that I've entered into a third generation tree.

I hate the fact that my sim siblings (all brothers) are like strangers to each other, which is worse because there are nephews involved (stupid apple pancakes). The second son went over to his older brother's house and couldn't pick up his nephew because he 'didn't know the family well enough'. 🐸🐸🐸🐸?

I'd also like to see an attraction meter. I shouldn't have been able to get two sims engagged a day after they met and the day the parent died.
  • Options
    LexandriaLexandria Posts: 16 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I totally agree that the relationships bar needs to be improved. I liked it much better in ts2.

I can't even tell how far along in a relationship my sims are, or how they feel about one another hardly, especially if they are in a relationsip. and if my sim isn't constantly making out with their partner, their bar drops far too fast. They do not seem to get any sort of automatic relationship/attachment from being related to people either, which is extremely frustrating.
  • Options
    Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member
    edited July 2009
    I agree that relationships need to be improved. They all feel very shallow right now.

It would help if they brought back the memory system from the sims two, as you can have a first kiss ect and a day or so later it's like it never happened!

I totally agree with all the improved family interaction suggestions too.
  • Options
    startamastartama Posts: 313 Member
    edited July 2009
    I agree.
    I think that sims in the same family can't have a relationship less than friends unless they have a real reason(father backstabbing mother, ect.)
    I don't care if my sim's brother is evil! It'd be hella nice if they all love him anyway!
    And 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is this: My sim divorced her husband for a while, who married a Lolita Goth(the ghost), and during that time, my sim became best friends with her. >.>