Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just a few ideas!

Comments

• Options
    NeashaleighNeashaleigh Posts: 760 Member
    edited November 2012
    I've added a couple more ideas:

• Set "auto-pilot" for sims with professions so you can have multiple sims with professions. Makes controlling them easier.

• Special rug for toddlers to fall asleep on.

• Toddlers can get books from bookshelf (kids books only)

• Toddlers can draw on paper using crayons (or walls!)

• The ability to queue songs in the singing career

• The ability to fire useless babysitters using the phone.
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited November 2012

• Set "auto-pilot" for sims with professions so you can have multiple sims with professions. Makes controlling them easier.

I think they do this anyway, don't they? If I'm not playing my firewoman, I think she still goes to fires. Hmmm... I might be wrong. :?

• Toddlers can draw on paper using crayons (or walls!)

:D Little artists!

• Options
    edited November 2012

I think they do this anyway, don't they? If I'm not playing my firewoman, I think she still goes to fires. Hmmm... I might be wrong. :?

Hmm... whenever I let my Sim just do her "profession" for a little while so I can concentrate a few moments on another Sim, I come back to find she's just chatting to other Sims and not doing her job. :/
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Friendly little nudge back to the top. I've added a couple more things. I'll probably think of loads of things now that Seasons is here.
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • Options
    MrMintCake88MrMintCake88 Posts: 43
    edited November 2012
    More Toddler based things such as the ability for them to climb up and down them and climb up on furniture aswell.
  • Options
    AcrylicInkAcrylicInk Posts: 395 Member
    edited November 2012
    The ability to have different heights on the different layers of the roof

You can do this already can't you? There's a grabber thing and you can drag individual sections to the height you want? :)

Maybe I've just imagined this but I'm pretty sure I've used it before.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    AcrylicInk wrote:
    The ability to have different heights on the different layers of the roof

You can do this already can't you? There's a grabber thing and you can drag individual sections to the height you want? :)

Maybe I've just imagined this but I'm pretty sure I've used it before.

Yeesss.... I think there was something specific I was thinking of when I thought of that, but I can't for the life of me remember what lol. :P
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    More Toddler based things such as the ability for them to climb up and down them and climb up on furniture aswell.

Agreed! There's just so much they can do with pregnancy/baby/toddler areas of the game. LOADS more.
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I'm hoyking the thread back to the front. It's been a while since I visited, so this is not spamming.

Looking forward to seeing more ideas from folk :)
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • Options
    Shee220Shee220 Posts: 46 Member
    edited December 2012
    One thing that I've always wanted to see was more stuff for babies. They just lay in the crib away most of the time. I believe they have them in the store, but I do not buy things from the store. I was hoping to see some of this stuff in generations.

Some of the things I'd personally like to see is:
    bouncy chairs
    walkers
    swings
    mobiles (i think that's the right spelling) that hang above the crib that slows down the baby's social drain
    placing a stuffed animal in the crib slows down the social drain
    play mats
    the ability to rock and read to them
    keeping them in the stroller when at the park
    maybe like 2 days or so before they grow into a toddler, being able to place them into a high chair and feed them baby food.

possibly some learning things as well such as rolling over and sitting up (I guess that would be kind of awkward with blankets)

Toddlers:
    toddlers swings
    the ability to learn how to walk the stairs
    toddler beds

That is just few of the things that I have wanted to see in the Sims for a while.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Happy New Year everyone
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • Options
    SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited January 2013
    I think this thread would be a good companion to Murfeel's one about "conspicuously absent" objects/features.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/527314

Both threads have a lot of great ideas.
  • Options
    xLisa1986xxLisa1986x Posts: 211 Member
    edited January 2013
    How about before you can buy a car, you have to take driving lessons. Could be pretty simple to create :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    OOh I didn't realise this thread was still on the forums. Better give it a little nudge to the top again ;)
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • Options
    RosemaryGardensRosemaryGardens Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Hm.. How about adjustable Ceiling Lights? Like paintings you can drag them up or down to make an effect in the room? Just say you made a kitchen with a long bench, and you want your lights to almost reach the bench?

This is from what I commented in another post on a different webpage:
    think there should be an actuall time mode, where the time in the game is the time in real life. Even if they stopped making a Second (IRL) into a Minute (In The Sims 3), so instead you can use the > as Computer Time or something, >> as 1 Second is a Minute and >>> would be the same as the >>> speed in the other games. And I like the pets Idea, and you could even get new pets through DLC and Game Updates. I would also like an option so you can hide ALL online features and buttons, so you wouldn't see 'Multiplayer' on the start menu (If there is one).
    Another good thing would be a start menu in game, including news, Singleplayer/Multiplayer, Options, etc. For the Game Launcher you could possibly update from there, but nothing big on there because I know people who's computers take ages to launch from the laucher. So a Play Button. Update Log, Origin Account login perhaps, and OPTIONS!!! It would be sooooo good if you could change settings before entering the game. Just say if you wanted to mute Music in the game so you could play your own on some program that you could listen to media on. WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO CHOOSE WHAT MUSIC PLAYS THROUGHOUT THE GAME AS SUCH IN BUILD/BUY MODE SO WE DON'T HAVE TO LISTEN TO THE MUSIC!
    That is all :3

(from http://www.pcgamesn.com/sims-4-three-things-ea-need-change )
  • Options
    CengizTuckerCengizTucker Posts: 14
    edited June 2013
    Noticed very few AI tweaks in the OP, so thought I'd add my two cents before the piggy bank explodes.

The autopilot thing already mentioned is HUGE. Unless my fireman Sim is SELECTED, I don't even hear the alarms... just a message telling me I missed the fire. Haven't tried any other professions because I'm afraid I'd have to babysit one and only one Sim 24/7.

Maybe add a few tweaks to Sims not in our household. Maybe a toggle that turns on/off dating requests for our married Sims? have SOME respect, sheesh!

Also, not sure if EA wants to open up a can of worms on this one, but must EVERYONE be bi? Can we not have a slider that proportions the general populace with straight, bi, and gay people?

For that matter, can we have a little more common sense with our own Sims actions when we're clicked on someone else in the household? If not the ability to turn certain interactions on/off, then don't make them so stupid. Of many, many examples, I had one couple where the husband somehow cheated on his wife while talking to his sister (yeah, his sister.) She saw it from across the house, walked over and started yelling at him. They ended up randomly sissyslapping each other for several days before divorcing. Through this all, and well after the divorce, boith sported the "Eternally Faithful" moodlet. I had NO CONTROL over the incident, despite such an action with anyone (much less his own sister) not being in "character" when I designed the fgamily.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for commenting! I'll add your ideas (and frustrations) to my post later when I have a chance :)
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • Options
    georgeopolisgeorgeopolis Posts: 475 Member
    edited June 2013
    Some of the ideas are stupid. For example, changing eye and skin colour in CAS... Why don't we just get to create a baby when s/he is born? It's sims and the game tends to be realistic. If you so need to change your sims appearance jsut press Shift+Ctrl+C and type in ''testingchetasenabled true". Then, holding the shift button, press on the person whose appearance you want to change and choose ''Edit in CAS''. Voila.

About the Hates animals, allergic to animals... Sims 3 Pets are in the shops, forget about this.

And also, all the people here: The sims 3 are about to end, not counting Island Paradise there is only 1 EP and 1 SP to release, so there are almost no opportunities to adjust these ideas to the game.
  • Options
    HolyRoller11HolyRoller11 Posts: 55
    edited June 2013
    I love all of the ideas.
  • Options
    kfred108kfred108 Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Another idea to add to this possibly.... better hair options for specifically males. Female hair options are ok but could be better too.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Some of the ideas are stupid. For example, changing eye and skin colour in CAS... Why don't we just get to create a baby when s/he is born? It's sims and the game tends to be realistic. If you so need to change your sims appearance jsut press Shift+Ctrl+C and type in ''testingchetasenabled true". Then, holding the shift button, press on the person whose appearance you want to change and choose ''Edit in CAS''. Voila.

About the Hates animals, allergic to animals... Sims 3 Pets are in the shops, forget about this.

And also, all the people here: The sims 3 are about to end, not counting Island Paradise there is only 1 EP and 1 SP to release, so there are almost no opportunities to adjust these ideas to the game.

1. I'm not sure you mean about creating a baby or whatever. And using the cheat is just a pain for some people. But personally, the changes to CAS were from someone else who posted here. Most of my ideas were Build/Buy ideas.

2. Have NO clue what you mean by "Sims 3 Pets are in the shops, forget about this."

3. I actually started this thread (if you notice) over a year ago, before Sims 4 was even announced. And you'll also notice that many of my ideas have been already implemented into the Sims 3. And in any case, some of these ideas can be implemented into Sims 4.

And finally... why the aggression? You don't like the ideas? That's ok! You don't have to. But please don't come here saying that we're stupid etc. That's not ok.
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Wow! Wooooooooow!!! :shock:

It's been a while since I visited this thread: it's looking AMAZING! Great work maintaining the opening post Neashaleigh, it's looking so well organised. I love so many of the ideas that I don't know which ones to comment on! :lol: The climbing rose bushes caught my eye though. Just more roses in general really, some in *****... climbing ones like the MV and DV ones... large wild rambling bushes (more wild than then 'wild' ones! :lol: Maybe even a harvestable rose bush to use as a perfume ingredient? And if they are recolourable, then bonus points for the gurus! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    :lol: I forgot it blanked the plural of vase! :lol: I wonder where people thought I was sticking those roses! :oops:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    :lol: I forgot it blanked the plural of vase! :lol: I wonder where people thought I was sticking those roses! :oops:

Tee heee !!! :D
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • Options
    RosemaryGardensRosemaryGardens Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2013

There is always the Sims 4.