Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I have no ProgramFiles>Game Data folder thing, help!

I swear there is no game data in my program files. I have looked and looked in both the program files and in program files (x86). Help! Anything that has to do with sims is in my documents folder, but there is no game data in there. Any ideas on where it would be?

Comments

• Options
    BabiskoBabisko Posts: 1,290 Member
    edited January 2012
    Are you sure you're looking in the right place? Are you looking in program files in general? Or Program files - Electronic Arts - The Sims 3
    We are now the knights who say Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptangya Zoooooooom Boing Ni!
  • Options
    ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited January 2012
    why are you looking in program files if i might ask?

because if you are looking to install cc or something like that, you would need to put these things in my documents, not program files
  • Options
    mvandemvande Posts: 8,587 Member
    edited January 2012
    I have to find my game data so i can get to some fullbuild0.package so i can use it to make poses. The directions are as follow:

"C:->ProgramsFiles->Electronic Arts->The Sims 3". Once there open the fullbuild0.package found at "GameData->Shared->Packages".

I can't find the game data folder.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    hmmm i found it in mine.. do you have 2 program files? i do, i dunno why. my games are in one and there is windows stuff in the other i think
  • Options
    mvandemvande Posts: 8,587 Member
    edited January 2012
    YAY!! I found it. It was in the origin games folder. I am happy!!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    awesome :)
  • Options
    msbren07msbren07 Posts: 5
    edited September 2012
    mvande wrote:
    YAY!! I found it. It was in the origin games folder. I am happy!!

I found the fullbuild 12 and 08 in my folder. how did you find the original one?
  • Options
    shigura12shigura12 Posts: 6
    edited April 2014
    Babisko wrote:
    Are you sure you're looking in the right place? Are you looking in program files in general? Or Program files - Electronic Arts - The Sims 3

there is not electronic arts in program files in mine :/
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited April 2014
    shigura12 wrote:
    Babisko wrote:

there is not electronic arts in program files in mine :/
    Are you looking in the correct place? Where your files are located depends on if you're running a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system for CD/DVD installs. If you're running from DD it would be in the Origin Games folder based on the prior statement.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
    edited April 2014
    mvande wrote:
    I swear there is no game data in my program files. I have looked and looked in both the program files and in program files (x86). Help! Anything that has to do with sims is in my documents folder, but there is no game data in there. Any ideas on where it would be?

For your game data files/folders like downloads, exports, screenshots, saves, etc - you need to go to "my documents" then "electronic arts" then "the sims 3"
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited April 2014
    mvande wrote:

For your game data files/folders like downloads, exports, screenshots, saves, etc - you need to go to "my documents" then "electronic arts" then "the sims 3"
    She no longer play this game. This thread was bumped back up from ages ago.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).