The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help Me Choose a Contest (+ Lottery) ~closed, congrats kayla1686

5139851398 Posts: 850 New Member
Hi all :)
I want to host a competition soon, but I have a lot of ideas and I don't know which to pick :oops:. Please help me decide. The choices are the following:
***Please note: There is a very big chance that I will be editing the rules and slightly modifying the contests before actually hosting them.***

1. Design shoes!!! :mrgreen:
Re-color any shoes from the base Sims 3 game. Take and submit pictures of the shoes: 2 CAS pictures (one of full Sim, one zoomed-in screenshot of shoes), and 1 or more in-game screenshots. Judging will be based on shoe design, how well the Sim and his/her outfit corresponds to the shoes (this will be worth the least points), and picture quality. It is not necessary to upload your shoes, and this will not affect judging.

2. Themed Picture
Take a screenshot centered around the theme "Valentine's Day." You may interpret this theme however you wish, but you must be prepared to explain your reasoning. You must have at least one Sim in the photo. Editing pictures and CC are allowed, though not required. Judging will be based on meeting the theme and requirements, Sim appearance, overall photo design and the wow factor.

3. Obsure Holiday Photo
Choose a holiday from this website: http://holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/index.htm and take a screenshot themed around that holiday. You must have at least one Sim in the photo. Editing pictures and CC are allowed, though not required. Judging will be based on meeting the theme and requirements, Sim appearance, overall photo design and the wow factor.

4. Create a New Item
Create a new item that does not yet exist in the Sims 3 game (like a new premium content item) and a clever and funny, written description for it. You do not have to actually create the item, just think of the idea. Include how it might look and what it would do. Judging would be based on creativity, and including everything and meeting all requirements (new item that doesn't exist; think of a name, written description, appearance, what it does).

5. Why You Like The Sims 3
Write a 10-30 sentences about why you like The Sims 3. This can include anything about the actual game or the website, or anything really! :) Judging will be based on spelling and grammar (this will be worth the least points because many people here do not have English as their first language), meeting the requirements, creativity (I know there isn't much room for creativity here :roll: ), how it is written (detail).

The Lottery
The winner of the lottery gets 50 SimPoints (yes, I know it's not much, but I want to save some SP for my contest :P). You do not have to pick numbers; I will assign you the next open number. Please enter on behalf of yourself so it doesn't get confusing; if you win, you may then choose what to do with your pize, whether you want something for yourself or someone else. To enter the lottery, please tell me which ideas you like most. Fill out the following ENTRY FORM:

The contest I like most is #___ because _____.
The contest I like least is #___ because _____.
A way to improve contest #___ is by _____.

Go ahead and add something to the entry form if you wish (like an extra way to improve, or whatever you want). Please be honest!!!

ENTRIES
1. MaryJos
2. ArtistByNight
3. kayla1686
4. tuketele
5. Jaedian
6. MissKate8
7. samanthajane26
8. Sarah3120
9. Zooombini
10. mrsmilesalot
11. Queenie08
12. roundheaded

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Winner

capturecor.png
    Congrats kayla1686! Please choose what to do with your 50 SP.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Open :D
  • Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited January 2012
    The contest I like most is #1 because it is simple enough that everyone can enter.

The contest I like least is #5 because it is sometimes hard for me (and many other simmers I know) to express myself in English since I am French. My ideas will come out clear and precise in my head but it will be hard for me to write them down in English since it is my second langage. Plus I might make more mistakes than others...

A way to improve contest #1 is by maybe including an outfit with the shoes and maybe turning it into a complete makeover ?

:)
  • Options
    ArtistByNightArtistByNight Posts: 9,906 Member
    edited January 2012
    The contest I like most is #3 because there is loads of suggestions for holidays and not everyone has to do the same one.
    The contest I like least is #1 because it just doesn't seem like the best contest out of them all and it's not much of a challenge for those who like one.
    A way to improve contest #5 is by trying to make a story in game as to why people like Sims 3.

All ideas are good, but #3 is the best :D
    tumblr_static_co0j3up2xkgssgookcsc40g04.gif
  • Options
    kayla1686kayla1686 Posts: 1,697 Member
    edited January 2012
    The contest I like most is 4 because I think it would be something really fun for everyone. There are a ton of creative simmers here on the forums and I think It'd be really awesome to see what cool things people come up with!

The contest I like least is 1 because I just like the other ideas more, it's not a bad idea though and I still think it would make an awesome contest!!

I think a way to improve contest number 5 would be to have people add pictures that show why they love sims 3, but it could be optional.

All of these are awesome contest ideas!!
  • Options
    AmagirlAmagirl Posts: 2,525 Member
    edited January 2012
    I personally love #3 :)
  • Options
    tuketeletuketele Posts: 1,762 New Member
    edited January 2012
    The contest I like most is #3 because there are a lot of funny holidays that people could get a great screenshot for. I like the variety of it.

The contest I like least is #5 because I don't think there would be any variation between the entries. I also wouldn't lurk on a contest like that. Sometimes I might not enter a contest, but I still find it interesting to watch the entries come in.

A way to improve contest #1 is by making it a little more of a challenge than just redesigning shoes. Perhaps an entire outfit? I guess I just hardly recolor shoes in my game, so I probably wouldn't enter the contest unless it was more of a challenge.

Good luck with whatever contest you decide on!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Thanks for all the feedback, everyone :D
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I'll draw the lottery winner tomorrow, so you can still get your name in :)
  • Options
    JaedianJaedian Posts: 137 New Member
    edited January 2012
    The contest I like most is #4 because it's different, and I know that it's something everyone can have a lot of fun with.
    The contest I like least is #1 because it's rather limiting.
    A way to improve contest #2 is by combining it with #3. Make us put a little more effort than just a Valentine's prompt!
  • Options
    MissKate8MissKate8 Posts: 837 New Member
    edited January 2012
    The contest I like most is # 4 because the creativity on the forums far outweighs what EA puts out and if we get really good descriptions of new items, they might even make it into the game. (OK wishful thinking, but who knows?

The contest I like least is # 1 because with the pallette tool I can do this easy for every sim in every game. I'm not sure it's a good showcase for creativity, unless the contest it to get a new pair of shoes from the store.

A way to improve contest # 5 is by adding screenshots to show us why you like sims 3. That way I'd bet we'd get some really innovative pictures.

Thanks for hosting this pre-contest lottery.
  • Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited January 2012
    I say #2 since Valentines Day is just around the corner. :D
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    samanthajane26samanthajane26 Posts: 3,183 Member
    edited January 2012
    The contest I like most is #4 because as I read it I thought, oh what a good idea! I'd really love to hear what everyone came up with for this one (although it was a close thing with #1 because, well because they're shoes!).
    The contest I like least is #5 because my spelling and grammar is atrocious! :mrgreen: .
    A way to improve contest #2 is by having a minimum of two sims, this is after all valentines :wink:

Good luck with whichever contest idea you go with, and thank you for hosting
  • Options
    mrsmilesalotmrsmilesalot Posts: 3,108 Member
    edited January 2012
    I like 5.
  • Options
    Sarah3120Sarah3120 Posts: 4,318 New Member
    edited January 2012
    The contest I like most is #3 because there is much variety and everyone can choose which holiday they like best. :D
    The contest I like least is #1 because there's not so much to choose from and it's not a big challenge.
    A way to improve contest #1 is by making a complete outfit maybe? :wink:
  • Options
    Queenie08Queenie08 Posts: 7,588 Member
    edited January 2012
    I like contest #1 . That way basically anyone can enter (like MaryJos said) and some of us don't have access to certain things. LOL.

And I don't really have a dislike one.
  • Options
    ZooombiniZooombini Posts: 181 New Member
    edited January 2012
    The contest I like most is #3 because it seems like an interesting contest that people would both like to see and to participate in.

The contest I like least is #4 because it would be hard to judge and there are many topics like that in the store forum.

A way to improve contest #1 is by instead asking for an outfit centered around shoes. Otherwise the shoes would be far too similar and the contest would be boring.
  • Options
    mrsmilesalotmrsmilesalot Posts: 3,108 Member
    edited January 2012
    The contest I like most is #4 because there is SO much possibilities.
    The contest I like least is #1 because I think it is a little boring.
    A way to improve contest #5 is by making a story?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Sorry it took so long, but I have now updated the entries :)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    :!: Lottery closes in 30 minutes
  • Options
    roundheadedroundheaded Posts: 873 New Member
    edited January 2012
    I like #4 most because who knows what great idea might come out and you could put the winners as suggestion on Store Discussion forum :)

I like #5 least because I would think most love Sims for more or less the same reason. To get creative would be asking them to make up fake reason? I don't know :?

As for improvement, I think #4 would be more interesting if participants can pose pics or sketch if there's no similar object to what they have in mind :)

Good luck with your soon-coming contest :mrgreen:
    (Just voting only. It's kind of you to host an additional lottery)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    :!: :!: 2 minutes
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    CLOSED. I will be choosing the winner with random.org
    Results up soon.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Winner

capturecor.png
    Congrats kayla1686! Please choose what to do with your 50 SP.
  • Options
    kayla1686kayla1686 Posts: 1,697 Member
    edited January 2012
    Yaaayyyy!!! Thanks so much for hosting!!

I'd like to have Vivid Vineyard Floor Lamp for myself please. (25 points)
    and please send Bluewind any 25 point item from her wishlist from me. :D