Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help with WinRAR?

I got a new laptop for Christmas and i've installed all of my games, so i'm to the point where iv'e downloaded WinRAR. It's been awhile since iv'e done this and I need some help.
First of all, at the first step, "Associate WinRAR with" and almost all the boxes are checked. Which ones do I uncheck?
Second, what is the shell intergation?

Heh.

Thank you, and Merry Christmas to all!

Comments

• Options
    SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    edited December 2011
    bump!
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited December 2011
    What OS are you running?
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    Mollymoo15Mollymoo15 Posts: 6,448 Member
    edited December 2011
    Windows 7
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited December 2011
    Just took this from my guide edited a bit.

If you're on a PC running Windows, WinRAR is free you just get annoying pop-up depending on how you use it. You don't get them if you right-click and choose Extract Here. Find your OS at the link and download. I prefer WinRAR and that's what I use in my examples.

You will need to know the type of computer you have in order to download the correct version the software. It's either 32-bit or 64-bit which you can get from your System Information. Go to Start, Programs, Accessories, System Information. Then on the System Summary check the System Type (i.e. x64-based PC). This is the path for Windows and I do not have the information for Macs.

Example: System Information.
    vdztkm.jpg

Example: WinRAR download choices.
    iwpw20.jpg

DO NOT INSTALL EITHER THIS APPLICATIONS IN YOUR GAME FOLDERS!
    Install them under Programs with rest of your operating systems Programs. Normally, the default path will already be selected when you go to install the application.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).