Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

anyone know if there's word of the sims 3 body shop?

i'm kindaaaa looking forward to ti

Comments

• Options
    LawertendLawertend Posts: 5,144 New Member
    edited June 2009
    There hasn't been any word on it, and I don't think that there will be a Body Shop, since you can already customize so much within the game itself.
  • Options
    BrittanyBrittany Posts: 58 New Member
    edited June 2009
    it's super hard to customize hair to look like mine. and i can't find any online. i figured i'd just make my own when body shop is released.
  • Options
    Silver16Silver16 Posts: 2,014 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Doubt there will be one. If dev tools hasn't been released yet, I don't think they will be. EA wants to profit as much as possible on this game, and the way to do that is forcing people to use the Store. If there's no custom content to be had, people will have to use that to get more hair and whatnot.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    too bad all their hair is ridiculously ugly x)
  • Options
    danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Lawertend wrote:
    There hasn't been any word on it, and I don't think that there will be a Body Shop, since you can already customize so much within the game itself.

It would help the modders out tremendously. Weren't they supposed to release the developer's tools?
  • Options
    Silver16Silver16 Posts: 2,014 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Not all of them, but the selection is too narrow, and there's not many good. Love the style your avatar has though, use that on several female sims in my neighbourhood.
  • Options
    Nu_Clear_DayNu_Clear_Day Posts: 469 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Just because it's not out yet doesn't mean that it's never coming. The same thing happened over at the Bethesda forums when Fallout 3 came out. The modding community over there is actually quite similiar to that found in the Sims games - it's always been a major appeal of the game that it comes with a construction set.

I think it was a good two months before we even began hearing solid news of the GECK. It turned out that their priority was on getting the game released first and then working on the inevitable bug fixes before making sure the GECK was ready for distribution.

Could be the same situation, here. We might not hear anything at all until it comes out. I'd be suprised if they didn't, though. Because again, a large draw to the game was it's modding capability, and obviously a lot of people enjoyed making custom content for the game. (I'd wager there were a number of people where that's all they did.)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    hahah yeah. making custom sims was the first thing i did. even on the sims 1 i remember you could upload photos as your face. i came online and someone had my sim to download. lol
  • Options
    BillieJoeArmstrongBillieJoeArmstrong Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    OK, so we all sign a petition saying WE DEMAND A BODYSHOP!! This is a major step downward for us movie makers.....