Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crashing...?

I don't think I'm the only one....

All expansions and stuff packs, uninstalled and reinstalled with most recent updates. All fun and games until I enter "Edit Town" mode where the game immediately crashes to my desktop. Is there a fix to this?
I read on the forum to disable "Shop Mode" and have done so, but I am having the same issues.

(Lots of money spent - VERY frustrated)
Ideas? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Kasper92PKasper92P Posts: 101 New Member
    edited December 2011
    how did u disable shop mode? I am having the same issue but it happens while I play my game rather then in edit town.
  • Options
    DanielCharlesDanielCharles Posts: 65 Member
    edited December 2011
    Kasper92P wrote:
    how did u disable shop mode? I am having the same issue but it happens while I play my game rather then in edit town.

Under options.. I'd have to look at it again, but I'm pretty certain it's in the same place where you go to enable Story Progression and aging.

-And it crashed again. (I removed that line from my post about it fixing the problem.) The game will last longer, but still crashes eventually.

Square one............
  • Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited December 2011
    Hi,

Does the crashing occur in a brand new game as in a brand new town, or does it occur with a previously saved game? Have you ever installed any mods, third party custom content, or items from the Exchange?

If you have not done so already, you can try adding the new base game executable to the Data Execution Prevention - or DEP - exceptions list to resolve crashes caused by DEP. This base game executable can be found in the following default locations:

C:\Program Files\Eletronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe
    Or:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe

For instructions on how to selectively turn off DEP please refer to the following link:

http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Data_Execution_Prevention/TS3W

If you have previously applied DEP exceptions, you may need to clear them first before applying the new one.
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • Options
    DanielCharlesDanielCharles Posts: 65 Member
    edited December 2011
    The crashing was occurring with a game in Sunset Valley that I have literally been playing since Sims 3 released. I don't use any Mods, or CC that isn't from the Sims 3 Store.

I say "was crashing" because I took your advice and after about 40-something minutes the game seems to be doing alright. I had the DEP enabled from awhile back, but redid it and then restarted my computer.
    -Hope I'm not speaking too soon hah!