Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who here has a game that runs perfectly?

Every time I read about people talking to EA customer service, they always seem to blame it on their computer.

Well what computer do the developers/testers use? (Testers.. HA! My b)

What computer do you use that runs the game perfectly?!
No 15 minute load times, no glitches, no graphical errors, no empty clubs, marshmallow pets, completely black sims, etc.

I want to know. Who's game runs perfectly?

Comments

• Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited December 2011
    well Id consider my game near perfect play but not 100%. ive only a few minnor glitches that arnt really any trouble to game play that cant be solved buy either reset sim or delete and none of them a graphic related. but then again i DONT use CC or mods. and i keep my comp serviced . I update my graphic card drivers , the ea dlm and the game.
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    DancingK8DancingK8 Posts: 395 Member
    edited December 2011
    Game that runs perfectly?

Haha, that's a good one.
  • Options
    nicolebrittanyynicolebrittanyy Posts: 6,513 Member
    edited December 2011
    Sure as heck not mine. It used to run great, but ever since I installed the latest patch, my game has been lagging like mad. I'm going through all my CC in my launcher and getting rid of it and hoping that makes a difference :|
  • Options
    Fullmetal1890PFullmetal1890P Posts: 708 Member
    edited December 2011
    Not me, and I have more than the computer requirements to run it. I have 2 GB of RAM, an updated graphics card, lots of free memory and my game still can get in frame-by-frame mode, buildings don't show up, I can't take videos, etc.

I'm not sure what it is, but I'm just rather unlucky. :roll:
  • Options
    pr0x1mapr0x1ma Posts: 5,898 Member
    edited December 2011
    When I had TS3 installed, it didn't run perfectly. But it was....manageable.
    tumblr_mr2v3r8OEc1rsik0po1_400.gif
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited December 2011
    I don't have all the EPs and SPs and I am nowhere near patched up and my game runs extremely well. It doesn't lag, it doesn't take ages to load or save and it rarely glitches. I often got corrupted saves and games that died after about 20 sim weeks when I first installed Late Night. Earlier this year I installed a handful of mods and my game has never run better. More recently I installed WA and my game still runs well. I can't tell you what my computer specs are because I am completely stupid when it comes to anything technical.
  • Options
    DCPuppyGirlDCPuppyGirl Posts: 1,318 Member
    edited December 2011
    My game runs perfectly about 65% of the time with mods, without mods it runs perfectly 45% of the time.
    5dK3aTu.gif
  • Options
    ShallaeShallae Posts: 3,166 Member
    edited December 2011
    My game runs fine, the only thing is the empty clubs and I think that's an issue with the elevators...So yeah. Then again I do use mods and they help the gameplay quite a bit imo.
  • Options
    Kradam1314Kradam1314 Posts: 100
    edited December 2011
    Batman wrote:
    Every time I read about people talking to EA customer service, they always seem to blame it on their computer.

No 15 minute load times, no glitches, no graphical errors, no empty clubs, marshmallow pets, completely black sims, etc.

I've never been to a club, haven't played long enough to want to go there...anyway, mine doesn't have any problems. The only problem I've had is where they have this weird shadow thing on their face. Other than that it loads up fast and is pretty cool. Now, my Sims 2 game has the 15 minute load time (longer than that), glitches and graphical errors!
  • Options
    kristenwoodskristenwoods Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited December 2011
    my game is 99% perfect, i have 1 glitch that happens once in a blue moon, thats it :D
  • Options
    XKidsInLoveXXKidsInLoveX Posts: 4,910 Member
    edited December 2011
    calmorezoo wrote:
    well Id consider my game near perfect play but not 100%. ive only a few minnor glitches that arnt really any trouble to game play that cant be solved buy either reset sim or delete and none of them a graphic related. but then again i DONT use CC or mods. and i keep my comp serviced . I update my graphic card drivers , the ea dlm and the game.

Im like Calmorezoo, except i do use CC, but not Mods
  • Options
    abbydoodle96abbydoodle96 Posts: 310 New Member
    edited December 2011
    My launcher usually doesn't work but my actual game run perfectly for me. I only have Ambitions though, and no CC.
  • Options
    dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited December 2011
    My game is absolutely fine. It's just my lancher won't let me download any custom content or store items from the sims3 website.
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited December 2011
    Batman wrote:

Empty clubs is based on 2 things.

1) the amount of clubs and other venues in town. If there are more choices for NPCs then there are going to be less at each place. If you have 20 NPCs who choose to go out and there are 3 choices then you will see more at each place then if they had 6 or 7+ choices of places to go.

2) it is also based on how many NPCs the game thinks you computer can handle.

• Options
    MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited December 2011
    My game is absolutely fine. It's just my lancher won't let me download any custom content or store items from the sims3 website.

does it tell you "can't connect to origin" or something like that?

If so try logging in to origin while you download the item. It seems since the last patch you need to be logged into origin to download stuff now(at least from my experience)
  • Options
    SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
    edited December 2011
    Not me, and I have more than the computer requirements to run it. I have 2 GB of RAM, an updated graphics card, lots of free memory and my game still can get in frame-by-frame mode, buildings don't show up, I can't take videos, etc.

I'm not sure what it is, but I'm just rather unlucky. :roll:

2 GB of RAM is the bare minimum for the Sims 3 since the base game came out. You should definitely upgrade to at least 4gb. Do you have programs running in the background and/or 'surf the net-come here-etc' at the same time as you are playing? Have you downloaded and installed all of the newest drivers for all of your hardware- graphics card, sound card, etc? Even when a graphics card is newly installed new it usually, along with all other elements of a computer, has outdated drivers. How large is your hard drive and how much of it is 'free' space vs used? What do you consider 'lots of free memory'? Memory usage changes moment by moment... I have 3gb, am only here - no other programs running except those that have to run for the computer to run and my 'free memory' is less than 200mb... [btw - my graphics card was updated with new drivers 2 weeks ago - but it still as of Pets, is not supported by the game so am upgrading to a new one... however I have no grapics problems in the game - or any other major lags, crashing and have never once since the game came out used 'reset sim'