Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Symbolic Woman Modeling Competition: Winners Posted!

Comments

• Options
    deathxisxlovedeathxisxlove Posts: 3,687 Member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! It's not really showing up on my end on the forums yet, but hopefully it will soon. :D

Edit: There it is! :lol:
    BD94Z0t.png
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I made an error and just wanted to let everyone know: Your model does not have to be the same in each picture. You can also have multiple models. Each picture is YOUR interpretation of the words!
    BD94Z0t.png
  • Options
    LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,794 Member
    edited December 2011
    I'd like to enter, would you please reserve a space for me? Thanks!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited December 2011
    Death, I love your new avi.

Good luck on the competition, SeaKitty, Ariel and Lissy. Can't wait to see your final compositions. :mrgreen:
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    JediArielJediAriel Posts: 4,870 Member
    edited December 2011
    ErnesaT wrote:
    Death, I love your new avi.

Good luck on the competition, SeaKitty, Ariel and Lissy. Can't wait to see your final compositions. :mrgreen:

I'm still not sure if I can enter. My computer looked like it was going to die while doing another contest. But I love how so many of my friends are here!!! How about you Ernesa? Thinking about joining?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!

I hope you will be able to join!

I should be more active after this weekend, and Bluewind should be back soon!
    BD94Z0t.png
  • Options
    JediArielJediAriel Posts: 4,870 Member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!

I hope you will be able to join!

I should be more active after this weekend, and Bluewind should be back soon!

I was trying to sleep but forgot to check on this. I hope you're feeling better!!! *Hugs*
  • Options
    TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited December 2011
    @ ArtistByNight: Your maternal love picture is lovely! :D It shows the fun and cheerful side of a mother/child relationship. Not to mention that the toddler is so cute :)

@ SeaKitty: Your red-haired model is gorgeous :D I think that it's great you didn't make her a "typical" beauty but instead you opted for glasses and a unique hair colour.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Still open for more entries! :mrgreen:
    BD94Z0t.png
  • Options
    Rawr2019Rawr2019 Posts: 14,407 Member
    edited December 2011
    ^___________^

Front page you go oh competition!
  • Options
    BluewindBluewind Posts: 4,709 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Rawr2019 wrote:
    ^___________^

Front page you go oh competition!
    Thank you rawr! Always appreciate you adding my contests to your thread. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Everything had beet updated :mrgreen:
    Thank you for holding down the fort while I was gone death
  • Options
    crystal91390crystal91390 Posts: 2,882 New Member
    edited December 2011
    I'll start posting here as it's very lonely at the modeling forum >_<

I think people are scared that 3 pictures are due at the same time :lol:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll start posting here as it's very lonely at the modeling forum >_<

I think people are scared that 3 pictures are due at the same time :lol:
    No prob. I wonder why? I would understand if the deadline was just around the corner, but we did give 4 weeks for it. Oh well. I was hoping for some impressive images and I was looking forward to sifting through lots of good entries and struggling to pick the best for 1st, but it looks like none of the modeling forum folks are feeling it. Maybe it's because I am an unknown and they are afraid I might bail. Well, anyone who knows me knows better :wink:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Or everyone is just so used to getting 1 photo assignment per week instead of getting a month for 3 :P I need to get cracking on my entries :x
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Or everyone is just so used to getting 1 photo assignment per week instead of getting a month for 3 :P I need to get cracking on my entries :x
    True. We did that to give people time to finish when they could with the holidays. I can't wait to see yours. If you end up having anything that you worry about being posted on the forum, just let me know and I will give you my email. I want you guys to have free reign to let you imaginations run wild ;)

btw, did you read the new rule? You can use whatever model you wish to get your point across. That means you can use the same model for all of them, a different model for each, or multiple models for each. Whatever it takes to bring your vision to life :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bluewind wrote:
    True. We did that to give people time to finish when they could with the holidays. I can't wait to see yours. If you end up having anything that you worry about being posted on the forum, just let me know and I will give you my email. I want you guys to have free reign to let you imaginations run wild ;)

btw, did you read the new rule? You can use whatever model you wish to get your point across. That means you can use the same model for all of them, a different model for each, or multiple models for each. Whatever it takes to bring your vision to life :mrgreen:

Oooooh :)

Can I hand in my assignments 1 at a time?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bluewind wrote:

Oooooh :)

Can I hand in my assignments 1 at a time?

Yes, they are all due by the 11th of January, so however you want to hand them in is fine. Try to edit the post that you put the first in or post your first pic and 2 black posts with "entry" or the title of which picture you will post so they can be kept together. It just makes it easier on us if all your entries are in the same place :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OK :)
  • Options
    ArtistByNightArtistByNight Posts: 9,906 Member
    edited December 2011
    256a6bk.jpg
    I think this means Maternal Love because it's showing the quality of a mother and child spending time together. Children need love everyday and probably couldn't live without their parents, They deserve to be loved, and not to get hurt.

nov978.jpg
    Female Empowerment means to be proud of who you are and where you came from, for example, this picture shows that the woman is proud to be British. Also, if you've achieved something in life then it shows empowerment because of the hard work you've done and how proud you are of it

NOTE: The Natural Beauty Of Women photo has been given to Death due to nudity :shock:

Updated my pictures! All 3 have been done :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    tumblr_static_co0j3up2xkgssgookcsc40g04.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Updated my pictures! All 3 have been done :D
    And I updated the contestant post and gave you a lovely green smiley. You are good to go. :mrgreen:

To all contestants: We wont be grading the entries until after it has closed, so feel free to edit your post up until the contest closes. You never know when and where inspiration will strike :wink:
  • Options
    ArtistByNightArtistByNight Posts: 9,906 Member
    edited December 2011
    Yay for green smilies! :mrgreen:
    tumblr_static_co0j3up2xkgssgookcsc40g04.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay for green smilies! :mrgreen:
    2 down, ? to go. I am shooting for 20 awesome contestants! Anybody think I will reach my goal?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Merry Christmas to All My Fellow Simmers.

May your day be filled with joy and happiness.

Sincerely,
    Bluewind
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay, Christmas is over. Time to get back to work (so to speak) on reaching my goal of 20 finished entries! Who wants to help me out by submitting some awesome pics?