Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

anyone else having problems with the athlete profession?

I had my sims get a job as an athlete and his athletic skill is maxed but they lose EVERY game. Is this a glitch or just bad luck? He spends every work day preparing for the game and it still doesn't help.

any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Srich83Srich83 Posts: 468 Member
    edited December 2011
    bump
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    none? bad luck then...
  • Options
    frylock243frylock243 Posts: 281 New Member
    edited December 2011
    I haven't had a simmie do athlete since pets, so honestly couldn't say.
  • Options
    Dblue055Dblue055 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited December 2011
    My Sim doesn't win every one of his games either. Some times he wins and some times he loses no mater how much practice he puts in, but every game is different. Some times he has a winning streak then other times he would lose 2/3 games in a row. And hes all so maxed out in athletic skills. I think this is just the way it is in the game. Your Sim may be just having some bad luck at the moment.
    261a8405-8332-45e6-91d2-86a92a948212_zps31d10c21.jpg
  • Options
    SimalienSimalien Posts: 51 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately I don't think this is bad luck. I have the same thing happening in my game right now. My sim is maxed in athletics and he still loses every game, usually by a score of 14-0!
  • Options
    KayParfaitKayParfait Posts: 436 Member
    edited December 2011
    This is happening to me too. I've played this career previously and with maxed out athletic skill winning games should be no problem, especially if you also prepare for a game you should WIN 14-0, not lose. Might be another little problem..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yeah my guy gets 14-0 then 14-1, then 14-2, then 14-3, and then back to 14-0. Its weird. Ive played with sims with the athlete career before and only lost one or two games.

but it makes it really hard for my sim to get promoted.

Thanks!
  • Options
    SimSmasherSimSmasher Posts: 3
    edited December 2011
    Sigh... Count me in as another victim of this bug. =/ It's really annoying to see my Sim get dominated so badly (Not one victory in 13 games!?! With the Home team hardly ever scoring even 1 point!) when he's supposed to be the League MVP. I'd looked it up and apparently this kind of bug was around when LN first came out (didn't happen to me back then though) and now it's made it's unwelcome return. Help?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    bump
  • Options
    blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if I read before that the lucky trait incresses your sims chances to win.
  • Options
    FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited December 2011
    I think they just made the career alot ALOT harder. Maybe you have to pray alot and thank the Sim Gods for any victories?

It used to be alittle tooo easy to win every game now I've had two pro athletes but not sure how they became pros as they lose every game. LOL

But then when your "pro" team plays in an elementary school gymnasium what can you expect?
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited December 2011

In my current game in a revised Riverview I have a retired sports legend. He won every one of his games that he did the "prepare for game" tome the day before. His athletic skill got maxed along the way and he was friends with his team mates. He had one loss when someone on the team retired and he didn't have a good relation with the new team member. Hanging with the team the day before the game to try to get that new relationship up was probably why he lost that game.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I now believe it has something to do with the Apaloosa Plains stadium. Just played a couple games in the Bridgeport stadium and my Sim's team won all of them.

Update: Yup, it's the School/Stadium rabbit hole that's the problem. I put in the stadium from Sunset Valley into Apaloosa Plains and my Sim's been winning games at long last.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    xXBABYFLAKEXxxXBABYFLAKEXx Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    I found this issue so I deleted my stadium AFTER I saved it to the library and placed it back on the same spot straight after and it worked every time :) hope this helps