Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Great, another expansion with empty venues.

How likely is it to see dozens of sims at the club or performances? Extremely unlikely.

I have an extremely nice computer but because I have an i7, the game only recognizes one of the processors and won't send any sims to my clubs in Late Night.

So I can't say I'm super excited to become famous by singing to an empty bar.

Not to mention, this seems like an extension of Late Night, not of The Sims 3. Wow. They really have run out of ideas!

But none the less, I will buy the game and probably enjoy it because the singing and dj'ing looks good. Hopefully they fix the venue issues, I'm so sick of empty clubs in late night. Such a disappointment.

Comments

• Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited December 2011
    Batman wrote:
    How likely is it to see dozens of sims at the club or performances? Extremely unlikely.

I have an extremely nice computer but because I have an i7, the game only recognizes one of the processors and won't send any sims to my clubs in Late Night.

So I can't say I'm super excited to become famous by singing to an empty bar.

Not to mention, this seems like an extension of Late Night, not of The Sims 3. Wow. They really have run out of ideas!

But none the less, I will buy the game and probably enjoy it because the singing and dj'ing looks good. Hopefully they fix the venue issues, I'm so sick of empty clubs in late night. Such a disappointment.

You're preaching to the choir. :roll:
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited December 2011
    I hope EA realizes that after complaints about Late Night's empty clubs. If it's the same thing again, that's just sad.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited December 2011
    I too have an i7. But thankfully I do not have empty clubs. When it is a hotspot night, I have at least a dozen sims inside a club or bar at any given time. On a non hotspot night I have about 4-5 at any given time. My hangouts always have about 7-12 sims at any given time.

I don't know if it is because of the 8 gigs of ram or the 1 gig graphics card... or just pure luck.

I just hope that showtime works for me. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    piddlesim wrote:
    I too have an i7. But thankfully I do not have empty clubs. When it is a hotspot night, I have at least a dozen sims inside a club or bar at any given time. On a non hotspot night I have about 4-5 at any given time. My hangouts always have about 7-12 sims at any given time.

I don't know if it is because of the 8 gigs of ram or the 1 gig graphics card... or just pure luck.

I have no idea what I have, but when my club is supposedly a "Hot spot." there are literally 0 people there, aside from bartenders and bouncers.
  • Options
    PixelRainbowPixelRainbow Posts: 865 Member
    edited December 2011
    piddlesim wrote:

Yeah same as me, I think mine is just luck but I always have at least 5 sims in my nightclubs, and even more if it's a hotpot.
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited December 2011
    I usually get about 3 when I take my sims there first. But then when they go again it's full, almost like they await my sims approval before going there :lol: But yes, I really hope that they fix that problem. Although it would be amusing to see a sim performing to just the bartender.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bridgeport is fine. It's Sunset Valley and the other neighborhoods that have low numbers. I think certain things have to be in place before club attendance takes off.

My brand spanking new Sunset Valley was like this every night, hot spot or not.
    It was always the same. 2 mixologists for the two bars and two paparazzi and perhaps one or two townies.
    Screenshot-1950.jpg

It wasn't until the town spawned a vampire and a celebrity that attendence picked up. It must have been a week before that happened. That's a lot of hours of game play.
    Screenshot-2161.jpg

I've seen about 30 Sims hanging out at bookstore on a weekend evening. I don't see why clubs can't be jumping with sims.
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited December 2011
    Didn't Twallan make something that fixed that or no? I'm not sure what the requirements are either to make the populate as even i still have this trouble. Maybe it's the way the town is postioned. Like if i noticed bridgeport has a lot of housing near the clubs and so perhaps that's what the problem with sunset is. The sims just aren't routing to the clubs from long distances.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Funny. In my neighborhood, there was a lounge made by moi, and a pub by an unknown simmer. The pub had like 20 people in it at a time, the lounge 0. i remember when my sims had a bachelor party there. there was litteraly no room for anyone to walk. And it was a small pub! i wish I had pics. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited December 2011
    Anavastia wrote:
    Didn't Twallan make something that fixed that or no? I'm not sure what the requirements are either to make the populate as even i still have this trouble. Maybe it's the way the town is postioned. Like if i noticed bridgeport has a lot of housing near the clubs and so perhaps that's what the problem with sunset is. The sims just aren't routing to the clubs from long distances.

I saw a post from a modder who said she made a mod to fix it. She said it was because the club attendance is based on the club's type and the personality traits of the Sims in town. In other words, clubs draw patrons with certain traits. Unfortunately, I don't know the modder's name or where to get the mod from.

I think the routing is also a problem, however, especially in Bridgeport with its ubiquitous elevators. If the Sims can't route their way in, they give up and go home.
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    NathanNowellNathanNowell Posts: 933 Member
    edited December 2011
    I think I know how the audience will work. I would guess that MOSTLY all the people in the audience are more like objects. The rest of the people are actual people in your town that you can interact with. It makes sense. Does anyone know what I mean?
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited December 2011
    Doesn't the amount of capability your computer have also affect how many sims can be at a club.

"without" the use of mods, I played bridgeport on my laptop (which is broken due to a malfunction on my motherboard *sadface*) and there were a "few" amount of simmers. However, with my new computer clubs were bouncing up the walls and people leave and go to other places including hotspots.

I think if anything more than just traits and how many sims you have affect how your clubs go, moreso physical capabilities of having multiple simmers in one place.

Also, taking note I find that the more clubs/venues you build, the more spaced out and less # of people show up. Have only 1 club and you'll have people popping in.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I know how the audience will work. I would guess that MOSTLY all the people in the audience are more like objects. The rest of the people are actual people in your town that you can interact with. It makes sense. Does anyone know what I mean?

yes. You're talking about more NPC's. I miss Goopy Gilscarbo.
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited December 2011
    i heard rmors that twallan made a mod that fixed this gltich
    can anyone clarify ?
  • Options
    ocorreiaocorreia Posts: 59
    edited December 2011
    Sims are attracted / repelled to the venues depending on their traits. The most common one is "Party Animal".

So, using a mod like Master Controller, just change a bunch of sims in your town into party animals. "Dramatic" also helps, as well as "Loves the outdoors".

Coward, shy and bookworms are traits to be avoided!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ocorreia wrote:
    Sims are attracted / repelled to the venues depending on their traits. The most common one is "Party Animal".

So, using a mod like Master Controller, just change a bunch of sims in your town into party animals. "Dramatic" also helps, as well as "Loves the outdoors".

:P That sounds like a recipe for blah.
    When a lot is a hot spot traits shouldn't matter. Anyone should stop by.
    Leave the trait filtering to normal nights.
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    edited December 2011
    AznSensei wrote:
    Doesn't the amount of capability your computer have also affect how many sims can be at a club.

"without" the use of mods, I played bridgeport on my laptop (which is broken due to a malfunction on my motherboard *sadface*) and there were a "few" amount of simmers. However, with my new computer clubs were bouncing up the walls and people leave and go to other places including hotspots.

I think if anything more than just traits and how many sims you have affect how your clubs go, moreso physical capabilities of having multiple simmers in one place.

Also, taking note I find that the more clubs/venues you build, the more spaced out and less # of people show up. Have only 1 club and you'll have people popping in.

That's what I was going to say. I only have a couple clubs so there's always people there. I also redo personalities and make them party people or whatever it's called 8)
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if my using Twallan's mod have anything to do with clubs, but my venues are never empty. Even if the place is not a hotspot, once my sim gets there looks like the town follow.

Only place that stays empty in my game is the small parks. *shrugs*

Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited December 2011
    blewis823 wrote:
    I don't know if my using Twallan's mod have anything to do with clubs, but my venues are never empty. Even if the place is not a hotspot, once my sim gets there looks like the town follow.

Only place that stays empty in my game is the small parks. *shrugs*

This tends to be my experience with high-rank celeb sims. I suspect the celebrity system is intended to be used to draw crowds to clubs.
  • Options
    jairus_simsjairus_sims Posts: 110 Member
    edited December 2011
    In my game, there are always sims present in a club with no celebrity level requirement (VIP). But the high-end lounges are pretty empty
  • Options
    RavernaRaverna Posts: 192 Member
    edited December 2011
    CK213 wrote:
    ocorreia wrote:

Then it'll be less realistic. Someone with loner trait will not be attracted to any venue, hotspot or not. Anyone that doesn't like watching soccer match are not likely to be attracted to visit a bar to watch World Cup final.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure unless someone already tested it. What if the reason for not so populated hotspots is because most sims are working? I should start a new game and have everyone quit their job just to see. Well actually I normally get about 12 sims in an hotspot. I wonder if that were the case would the town come? lol.

Oh yeah and there are some clubs that need requirements to be able to get in so even if it is a hotspot, if most townies are not qualified to enter then that leaves mostly a dead club.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    jairus_simsjairus_sims Posts: 110 Member
    edited December 2011
    Deshong04 wrote:
    Oh yeah and there are some clubs that need requirements to be able to get in so even if it is a hotspot, if most townies are not qualified to enter then that leaves mostly a dead club.

exactly. but some sims are rich they should just pay the bouncer so they can get in
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Raverna wrote:
    CK213 wrote:
    ocorreia wrote:

Then it'll be less realistic. Someone with loner trait will not be attracted to any venue, hotspot or not. Anyone that doesn't like watching soccer match are not likely to be attracted to visit a bar to watch World Cup final.

A hot spot that is full is realistic. An empty one isn't.