Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game clock running too fast

Sorry if this has been posted before, I couldn't find anything using search or in the master help thread.

My friend is having issues with the in game clock running too fast. Every real time second adds 10 mins in game on normal speed, as opposed to the normal 1 sec = 1 sim minute. If he switches to fastest speed it goes almost a full hour every sec O.o.

I'm waiting to get full specs from him, but I know he has the new i7, and 12gb ram. Not sure on his specific graphics card yet though. He's running Base and all expansions up to and including late night. No mods, no cc.

I've played since Sims 1 (so not a newbie when it comes to sims bugs and troubleshooting) and know quite a few 'bug workarounds', but I have never encountered this bug and the normal fixes (reset sim, move sim out and back, start new game, uninstall/reinstall etc) are working.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Garnet_AlexandriaGarnet_Alexandria Posts: 1,201 Member
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard of that one. A DxDiag may help in case it's an issue with the new LGA 2011 platform (as that's what it sounds like he may have, though 12GB is often a triple channel setup paired with LGA 1366, and that's anything but new).

Regardless of the platform, if it's a Core i7, perhaps try disabling Hyper-threading?