Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAW Vacations

VamPandaVamPanda Posts: 6,226 New Member
World Adventures, you either love it or hate it right?

Well i thought of a way to make it that little bit more lovable ...

world Adventures does exactly what it says on the tin, it takes your sims on adventures around the world. But, alot of simmers want a more vacation type time in these places, and, i dont see EA making a different Vacation type EP. So...

Make a patch/Add-On for CAW so that we can make our own vacation destinations :D alot of people want certain places/countries and well EA cant make them all! So why not lt us have the opportunity to make them ourself?

To enhance this it would be cool to eventually have some kind of hotel/B&B in an EP, especially if you could turn our sims own homes into Hotels/B&B's and make a living from it! But that is just a side note xD

i think alot of simmers would enjoy being able to make there own dream locations and have a more relaxed time rather than having to do alot of quests. Im not a programmer, but since the travel is already in game, and CAW has pretty much everything already in it to make this possible, i dont think it would be too hard a job to do either and make alot of happy simmers :D

I hope this gets read lol

Comments

• Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited December 2011
    I've been wanting this for a while. I'm glad someone else agrees! :)

After all, it can't be too difficult for them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WA was a great EP, but because its about the adventure and not the relaxation alot of people didnt like it, with this we would be able to make our holidays just how we want them, and if we want more adventure type destinations, we can do that too with the tomb items.

Im glad someone else agrees with me <3
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited December 2011
    VamPanda wrote:

world Adventures does exactly what it says on the tin, it takes your sims on adventures around the world. But, alot of simmers want a more vacation type time in these places, and, i dont see EA making a different Vacation type EP. So...

Make a patch/Add-On for CAW so that we can make our own vacation destinations :D alot of people want certain places/countries and well EA cant make them all! So why not lt us have the opportunity to make them ourself?

To enhance this it would be cool to eventually have some kind of hotel/B&B in an EP, especially if you could turn our sims own homes into Hotels/B&B's and make a living from it! But that is just a side note xD

i think alot of simmers would enjoy being able to make there own dream locations and have a more relaxed time rather than having to do alot of quests. Im not a programmer, but since the travel is already in game, and CAW has pretty much everything already in it to make this possible, i dont think it would be too hard a job to do either and make alot of happy simmers :D

The sad thing? You're asking for a feature that was part of Bon Voyage and really should've been included with World Adventures.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    VamPanda wrote:

The sad thing? You're asking for a feature that was part of Bon Voyage and really should've been included with World Adventures.

I agree that it should have been a part of World Adventures, but as i said, World Adventures is exactly what it says on the tin. Just most simmers want a regular vacation experiance and World Adventures makes that hard to do. I seriously doubt that they would make a separate vacation EP but if they did that would be cool, Hotels and B&B's are really a must and that was one thing i was very suprised wasnt included in World Adventures. But since Ambitions with professions i dont think that would be a hard thing to include either. Even if it was just a stuff pack that had all the objects for the hotel/B&B with some nice luxury items and adding it as a profession ... ooooh thats perhaps a good idea too?!
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited December 2011
    VamPanda wrote:
    VamPanda wrote:

I agree that it should have been a part of World Adventures, but as i said, World Adventures is exactly what it says on the tin. Just most simmers want a regular vacation experiance and World Adventures makes that hard to do. I seriously doubt that they would make a separate vacation EP but if they did that would be cool, Hotels and B&B's are really a must and that was one thing i was very suprised wasnt included in World Adventures. But since Ambitions with professions i dont think that would be a hard thing to include either. Even if it was just a stuff pack that had all the objects for the hotel/B&B with some nice luxury items and adding it as a profession ... ooooh thats perhaps a good idea too?!

here's the thing. You can have a normal relaxed vacation with World Adventures. Think about it. You're in france. you can visit the Vineyard, the Shopping Centre, the castles, the museum, the graveyard, Even have a romantic walk up the river gazing at le tour eiffel. There's a lot you can do with the Sims. You just need to broaden your perspective past what they tell you to do. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is true also ^^ you can have a nice vacation its just hard. I know alot of people dont like World Adventures because they feel they cant. I for one love World Adventures xD But i am one of those that would like more locations and i think it would be easier for EA to give us the ability to make our own, just as we do making our own worlds, rather them getting them to make more. Because 1 just wouldnt be enough ...
  • Options
    seismicmilkseismicmilk Posts: 606 New Member
    edited December 2011
    There's a mod for that.

Nraas Traveler mod.
    What is Traveler ?

Traveler mod is a replacement for the town transition system added with World Adventures Patch. The system automated the transfer of sims between two town-files (aka worlds), allowing the sims to visit vacation destinations.

The transition system however has always been fraught with issues, most resulting in the sims vanishing during the process. In addition, as EA has introduced new functionality with subsequent patches, those changes have increased the chance of the transition process failing.

For some bizarre reason, the EA developers chose to silence all script errors that occur during this process, making it impossible for ErrorTrap to report them, and slightly more difficult to track the errors down and correct them.

Traveler unlocks the error reporting system, allowing the game to report when an error occurred, and making it simpler to either workaround the issue or repair it outright.

----

Wait, I thought we could travel to other worlds with this mod ?

While constructing the mod, I found that whomever wrote the Trip Planner window had a great deal of foresight. They wrote that window to handle more than three destinations, making it possible to scroll through as many choices as you want.

With that ability available, this mod simply injects all the custom worlds you have installed into that window, allowing you to choose any destination you want.

These extra worlds are termed "Traveler" worlds for simplicity.

----

So what happens when I visit a Traveler world ?

Traveling to a custom world destination is essentially the same as traveling to China, France, or Egypt.

However, if the world is not vacation-enabled (as in there is no Base Camp lot available), your traveling family will be dropped into the cheapest available residential lot for their stay in town.

By default, your stay will be timed, and your family will automatically return home once the travel clock is full.

You can pause the travel clock at any time using the mod's "Pause Travel" option.

As well, if you wish to turn off the vacation restrictions, you can disable the "Treat as Vacation" option. Doing so makes the game think you are in a home-town, allowing you to go to work, or do things that are not normally available in Vacation worlds.

Note though, that you are still technically on vacation. No one at home will age, and you can still complete your vacation at any time by switching the "Treat as Vacation" back on, and traveling home.

----

How do I set up a Traveler world so it acts like a Vacation world ?

What you need to do is head to "Edit Town", and create a Base Camp lot. You can choose any community lot you wish, by changing the Sub-Type to "Base Camp".

Or, if you already have a Base Camp lot in your library, simply import into your town.

Buzzler has a mod hosted at ModTheSims called the "Build/Buy Restriction Choker", which enables the ability to put residential objects on community lots. This will help you place the fridge and other amenities necessary for a proper Base Camp lot.

After that, you can designate any number of unoccupied residential lots as Vacation Homes, which can be later purchased by your traveling family.

The NEXT time you visit the world, your sims will be placed on the Base Camp, or be given the option to move into a vacation home they own.

----

Is it possible to switch home-towns permanently ?

You can permanently move your family to the town you are currently visiting by using the "Change Hometown" interaction. Once complete, you will be able to visit your old home-town as if it were a vacation world.

The interaction is available via the Base Camp lot menu (click on the map tag from map view), and use "NRaas \ Traveler \ Change Hometown".

In order to use the interaction, your family must be living on a residential lot, and not Base Camp. You will need to purchase a vacation home and move your family, if you are currently living on the Base Camp lot.

Note : You should ensure that your entire family is traveling with you before using this option, as anyone you left behind in the old hometown will remain there.

----

What happens to the sims I left behind in the old hometown ?

The game-engine is only capable of simulating one town-file at a time, so essentially the sims in the other worlds you have visited are in a state of suspended animation.

If you have the EA Aging enabled, the game will increment the ages of all the sims each sim-day to keep them in line with the aging in your hometown. This process will include any Traveler worlds, in addition to the regular EA vacation worlds.

When you finally decide to return to a vacation world, EA Story Progression immediately kicks in and processes an certain number of updates, making it appear that the town has progressed in your absence.

By default, the EA Story Progression system will use the France demographic template to update your town, as custom Traveler worlds do not have demographics of their own.

----

Can I play other families in the vacation towns ?

This mod does not unlock the ability to switch households. However if you are using a mod that does, such as MasterController, Traveler will alter the travel situation to suit.

While playing a non-traveling family, "Pause Travel" will be automatically enabled, and "Treat as Vacation" automatically disabled, allowing you play the family as though you were playing a home-town.

----

I want to play the families I left in my other world, how do I do that ?

Use the "Travel" interaction as you normally would. When the Trip Planner window appears, double click the sim in the right-hand window, and it will be removed.

This way when you travel to a destination world, no sims will make the trip, they will all be left in the other world. When you reach your destination, you will prompted to select a family to play, just as you would for a fresh game.

The world you have chosen is now considered your hometown. If you wish to return to playing the other world, simply travel back to it as you normally would.
    THE MOD

This mod replaces the travel code, and re-enables the script error logging. If the travel system fails, the logs will make things easier to track down the issue and repair it.

Oh yeah, it also has the capability to load any World as a Vacation destination.

Change Hometown
    Allows you to change your hometown and permanently live in a vacation world
    The option is only available while playing the travel family on a vacation
    Pause Travel
    Whether to pause the travel clock while on vacation
    Default: False
    Prompt To Save
    Whether to display the "Save As" prompt just prior transitioning between towns
    Default: True
    Remove Travel Restrictions
    Removes the restrictions applied to babies/toddlers, pets, pregnant sims, and sims who traveled recently
    The option is only available while playing the home-town
    Show Debugging
    Enables the notices and logs used to debug the mod. Do not enable this unless requested by the mod's creator.
    Traveler World Cost Per Day
    How much to charge for each day to visit a custom destination
    The option is only available while playing the home-town
    Default: 200
    Treat As Vacation
    Whether to act as if the sim is on vacation when visiting a custom destination
    Default: True

Link: http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?/topic/2032-the-traveler-version-27-updated-2011-nov-22/

However, I do wish that they would implement this in a patch or upcoming expansion or something.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the link to that :D ill have to check it out, but it shouldnt be something that we have had to come up with yah know?

And now ive been sitting here thinkng about B&B's and i really want to have my own xD
  • Options
    Joel2810Joel2810 Posts: 989 Member
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking the same thing.
    It would be AWESOME if we could do this!
  • Options
    seismicmilkseismicmilk Posts: 606 New Member
    edited December 2011
    VamPanda wrote:
    Thanks for the link to that :D ill have to check it out, but it shouldnt be something that we have had to come up with yah know?

And now ive been sitting here thinkng about B&B's and i really want to have my own xD

I agree. There are mods out there, such as the one that creates an NPC gardener to help you with your garden and help you collect harvestables or the one that unlocks all the harvestable fruits and veggies (like oranges, dragon fruits, zucchini, cantaloupe, and eggplant), that exist and I could put into my game but I think should DEFINITELY see the light of day in an official pack of some kind.