Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happens when your children get taken away by the social worker?

It hasn't happened, but I think in the sims 2 there was a way to at least find them again, is there something like that for the Sims 3? Because that would be kinda nice, find them again when they're older or something.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    crystal91390crystal91390 Posts: 2,882 New Member
    edited November 2011
    This happened to me once, but I never saw my toddler again.
  • Options
    NRaasNRaas Posts: 734 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Human sims taken by the social worker are either :

1) Placed with a new immigrant family somewhere in town

2) Deleted from the game permanently.

:)
  • Options
    desperatehswfdesperatehswf Posts: 169 Member
    edited November 2011
    In my experiences with them, when children are taken away they become townies, and they progress with everyone else. You can still invite them to parties and all of that stuff. Now after a tragic fire that killed every guest, and every adult and teen in one household(RIP The Williamses and darn you bithday candles) I had a set of newborn twins taken away that I never saw again. Not even after having the next household that I played adopt.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,946 Member
    edited November 2011
    If memory serves . . . your Sim parents will walk around depressed for a time . . . maybe even cry a bit --- Or maybe that was my reaction. :P

I rarely end up with this situation. The first time it happened I was completely aghast. In Sims2 my fateful "return" to that game after Sims3, (which was short-lived, given what happened), my favorite family lost their children to the dreadful Social Worker. One of the twins kept getting stuck out on the walkway to their house and never made it to school, as a result. I had the camera on the toddler and had no idea he had involuntarily skipped school until the SW came and gathered them all up. (It was shortly after this mishap that I uninstalled my entire Sims2 game, and never looked back.)

In Sims3 I had that dreaded glitch that was triggered when my Sim Dad sat down to teach the toddler how to talk. Once that task was completed, I deleted the action, but nothing happened. He sat there and sat there and so did the toddler. Mom Sim came in from work and fed baby brother, but was unable to pick up the toddler or feed her on the floor, even. This was my first Legacy family in the Sims3. I was beside myself with what to do. The Social Worker came and lo, and behold, suddenly the toddler was free. She wisked the children away and then, miraculously, Dad was unstuck, too. :shock:

I almost gave up on my Legacy with that. But I wrote about the tragedy of it, and after posting on this forum, was encouraged to continue on. I did and they had more kids. To my surprise, one day, one of their younger sons came home from school with Baby Boy (I don't recall their names). I was dumbfounded. I had the family get to know him and then I scoured the town for a glimpse of the long lost daughter, to no avail.

I don't actually know if this was a fluke or not. Just do your best to keep the Social Worker at bay. LOL Nothing good comes of his or her visit!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Cat0EyeCat0Eye Posts: 4,629 New Member
    edited November 2011
    I have never found the kids again...so I assume aliens adopted them and took them off planet.
  • Options
    jericho13jericho13 Posts: 960 New Member
    edited November 2011
    They become set pieces for the Small World ride at Disney World.

Don't let the social worker take your kids!