Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poor/pixelated graphics/textures since installing Sims 3 Pets

My game was rendering textures and graphics very well before I installed Sims 3 Pets. I have an ATI Radeon HD 5670, updated to the latest drivers and I have played around with the in-game settings as well at my graphic card settings and I cannot get my graphics to look as clear and sharp as they did before installing Pets.

Here is an example of how bad makeup and freckles look now, this includes CC makeup AND EA makeup. In fact EA makeup, freckles and whiskers look worse now than before.

tumblr_lv2ervkSYC1qfqm31o1_500.jpg

After Pets:

tumblr_lv2ervkSYC1qfqm31o2_500.jpg

I have my settings all on max and the game seems to be rendering everything as if I have my settings on medium.

Anyone else have this problem or have a solution?

Comments

• Options
    wishinstonezwishinstonez Posts: 448 Member
    edited November 2011
    Wow! Is that first image photoshopped in any way? My sims have never looked that clear and amazing even with my overkill gaming PC. I am so jealous :P

I haven't noticed a decrease in quality of makeup since Pets installation though...they look as blah as ever. Hopefully someone can help figure out what's wrong.
  • Options
    LaraceliaLaracelia Posts: 223 Member
    edited November 2011
    Thanks for the response. The first image in not enhanced short of a small amount of sharpening...but that is done to the second image as well. My game used to have lovely sim detail and I have no idea what happened to ruin that when I installed Pets.

Hopefully someone can offers some suggestions or help soon because it is not the same to play anymore :/
  • Options
    suriyelsuriyel Posts: 50 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Maybe the maker of the cc needs to update. I hear that there is also an issue with Peggy hairs for children and toddlers not rendering correctly since pets. Is it just that make up or all of your make up?
  • Options
    FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited November 2011
    I can't see much difference but then I am not her 'mother' :) It could be the cc needs updating but there is also a problem with the ATI cards and fur not showing up on the Pets. I would guess that could be tied to loss of quality in other areas too.