Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Full Regal Living Set and DD

Hi! I'd appreciate it if someone could please tell me how often the Full Regal Living Set comes up on the DD and how many SimPoints it generally goes for. Thank you for your help!

Comments

• Options
    SunnyBelleSunnyBelle Posts: 1,262 Member
    edited November 2011
    Full Regal Living Set is 2400 points Full Price.

Its a beautiful set.

I purchased it on DD Blowout Thursday back on the 29 March 2011 for 1200 points.

I haven't seen it since but did miss 3 DD blowout thursdays last month.

Sorry not alot of help. Heres hoping it will come on for you with the next DD blowout Thursday. :)
  • Options
    JediArielJediAriel Posts: 4,870 Member
    edited November 2011
    Thank you SunnyBelle for replying!

Wow! Half price would be great! I've been staying awake for the last several DDs but hadn't seen the Regal Set and was nervous about it. It's one of the few sets that I've told myself not to hesitate about the money and just do it if it comes up on the DD. It's simply stunning! Asian Fusion is probably the only other one I would immediately grab if it came up on the DD.

Thank you again for replying. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :D
  • Options
    MSladyTSOMSladyTSO Posts: 2,586 Member
    edited November 2011
    Maybe on Black Friday!?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    That would be nice, MSladyTSO. Does EA do sales on Black Friday and C.Y.B.E.R. Monday? I can't remember what happened last year.

(weird how some words are starred out)
  • Options
    SunnyBelleSunnyBelle Posts: 1,262 Member
    edited November 2011
    JediAriel wrote:
    Thank you SunnyBelle for replying!

Wow! Half price would be great! I've been staying awake for the last several DDs but hadn't seen the Regal Set and was nervous about it. It's one of the few sets that I've told myself not to hesitate about the money and just do it if it comes up on the DD. It's simply stunning! Asian Fusion is probably the only other one I would immediately grab if it came up on the DD.

Thank you again for replying. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :D

I would jump at the Asian Fusion also :)

Heres hoping maybe just maybe we will get lucky this Thursday :D
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    SunnyBelle wrote:
    I would jump at the Asian Fusion also :)

Heres hoping maybe just maybe we will get lucky this Thursday :D

Did you see the petition requesting Asian Fusion and Storybook to be brought back? I don't know how effective it will be, but I did sign it. I always try to think positively whenever possible. :D
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited November 2011
    it would be nice if they did some christmas special and brought all those sets back

the regal living set is beautiful and covers just about every room of the house, however it hasn't apeared on the DD in a very long time
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited November 2011
    JediAriel, I am pretty sure the Full Regal Living set was on sale for about half price during one of the Thursdays in September. The week previous to that, each individual subset was on sale for about half price.

I have since started to keep a list of the Thursday Blowout sales but these sales were just previous to my keeping a list.

You can certainly expect to see it on sale for about half price if you are willing to wait. Last year one day, the full set actually went on sale for 550 SimPoints. I do not know if that was an error. It's possible that the intended price was 1550. Of course, it "sold out" at that price. I'm not trying to rub salt into wounds by mentioning this unbelievable sale but I think someone else will mention it if I don't.

Because of the way things are done now, with the monthly compilation sets, it would be a good deal to get it for half price and I think that's entirely possible. :D

As others have mentioned the best deals are likely to be CyberMonday and the latter part of December.

Last year we had this countdown to New Years with the following sales:

10. Full Regal Living Set for 1000 SP - December 23
    9. Full Ultra Lounge Youth Set for 900 SP - December 24
    8. Full Bayside Set for 800 SP - December 25
    7. 1000 SP bundle for $7.00 USD - December 26
    6. BahHaus for 600 SP - December 27
    5. Animals Abound Playground Bed + Bath for 500 SP - December 28
    4. Asian Fusion for 400 SP - December 29
    3. Victorian Fashions for 300 SP - December 30
    2. Buccaneer's Bounty for 200 SP - December 31
    1. Barnacle Bay for 1111 SP - January 1

Note: That entire group might be one day off, but you can see what the sales looked like last year.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    it would be nice if they did some christmas special and brought all those sets back

That would be awesome! Pretty please, EA. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Reachsims wrote:
    JediAriel, I am pretty sure the Full Regal Living set was on sale for about half price during one of the Thursdays in September. The week previous to that, each individual subset was on sale for about half price.

I have since started to keep a list of the Thursday Blowout sales but these sales were just previous to my keeping a list.

You can certainly expect to see it on sale for about half price if you are willing to wait. Last year one day, the full set actually went on sale for 550 SimPoints. I do not know if that was an error. It's possible that the intended price was 1550. Of course, it "sold out" at that price. I'm not trying to rub salt into wounds by mentioning this unbelievable sale but I think someone else will mention it if I don't.

Because of the way things are done now, with the monthly compilation sets, it would be a good deal to get it for half price and I think that's entirely possible. :D

As others have mentioned the best deals are likely to be CyberMonday and the latter part of December.

Last year we had this countdown to New Years with the following sales:

10. Full Regal Living Set for 1000 SP - December 23
    9. Full Ultra Lounge Youth Set for 900 SP - December 24
    8. Full Bayside Set for 800 SP - December 25
    7. 1000 SP bundle for $7.00 USD - December 26
    6. BahHaus for 600 SP - December 27
    5. Animals Abound Playground Bed + Bath for 500 SP - December 28
    4. Asian Fusion for 400 SP - December 29
    3. Victorian Fashions for 300 SP - December 30
    2. Buccaneer's Bounty for 200 SP - December 31
    1. Barnacle Bay for 1111 SP - January 1

Note: That entire group might be one day off, but you can see what the sales looked like last year.

Wow! That's a lot of detailed information. Thank you so much!!!

Oh, why didn't I get hooked on the forum part a lot sooner! (Insert long drawn out sigh, here.)

But, you've given me hope, Reachsims. I'll be sure to keep my eyes glued to the DD. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the SP deal comes sooner, rather than later!