Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I am technology impaired duck right now..

So I'm sort of new to Macs. I love it, though. I'm trying to get some custom skins and such from mod the sims, but I don't know how to get to the .package file! I've installed Keka and something called Unrar, but it isn't working.

What do I do? There isn't a sticky for this problem..

Sorry if this is obvious, at first I installed Winrar then I realized what I did and felt really silly. Ha.

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited November 2011
    I use a program called Zipeg. It's free and was the first one I found when I first got my Mac. It works very well.

It is not that much different from how it works on a PC so if you have unpacked files on a PC, it should be a piece of cake. :lol:

If you right click on the rar or the zipped file, it should open it up in whatever program you are using (Keka or Unrar) or you can ask it to 'open with'. Once it is open, select the skin file inside and move it to your Packages folder. Sometimes you might have to 'unpack' it first. If that happens with me, I just let it create a folder on the desktop and then I move the file across to the Packages folder and delete the folder that just got created.
  • Options
    TinaMaxisTinaMaxis Posts: 306 Member
    edited November 2011
    Thanks!

I tried that Zipeg, but it gives me a CRC error every time I try anything. :( I don't know what it could be. What the site says about that error doesn't seem to apply in my case. :(
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    bump.
  • Options
    xMathyxMathy Posts: 555 New Member
    edited November 2011
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Now I keep getting a message that the content in the .package file is broken. :( Why is this happening?
  • Options
    xMathyxMathy Posts: 555 New Member
    edited November 2011

the file is probably damaged... Try with another package file?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    :( I just tried again with two different files and they aren't working. I even downloaded something that was a sims3pack when extracted and the program said there was a problem with that as well. I have no idea what's wrong. I wish I could just download the .package file.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Wow! It just worked! But only with a .zip file. Is there a specific CC site out there that only uploads their stuff in zip? The rar's aren't working no matter what. I've got like 3 rar extractors on my computer and they always report something wrong with the file when there isn't. I'm downloading everything from modthesims.
  • Options
    FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited November 2011
    I remember having problems with a rar file once or twice. I can't remember what it was now but nothing I tried would open it. I don't even think it was sims-related either. :? I guess it could have been a bad one or the Mac just didn't want to know about it that day. :)

I am glad you have got some cc to unpack. There are heaps of sites out there with gorgeous cc so don't be put off trying rar files in future. You may just have struck a bad batch.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Thanks, but the rar files still aren't working and just about all the cc I want is in that format. :( I was just looking for a zip file to see if that would work at all and it did, but it wasn't cc that I particularly wanted. :/ I don't know what to do.. There don't seem to be many zip files through modthesims, everything I've selected is in rar. I have to check if there's something online I can use to switch it to zip.. or.. it wouldn't work if I just changed the extension myself, would it?

--Edit
    Yea, that didn't work. :(
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    missamazing2008missamazing2008 Posts: 142 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Did you put the folder MTS supplies on the site in your sims 3 folder