The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥♥♥ Inspiration Cycle 2 [ !!! WINNER ANNOUNCED !!! ] ♥♥♥

Comments

• Options
    CeleSeraphymCeleSeraphym Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited April 2012
    Ahh, GI Joe, and Transformers (80's ones, not the new ones), still got my lions and vehicles Voltron from the 80's as well. Not much of my Star Wars collection is left from that 'era', I played with them 'to death'. Literally, killing a few of them with a bb gun. I used to kick myself, but then I looked at the value on 'loose' Star Wars toys and it's nothing about which to cry. I didn't have a Jawa with Plastic cape MIB or a prototype Bobafett, so no huge deal.

Gyaaahhh you have Lions! *very jealous* I always liked the Lions better than the Vehicles. It's insane what some of the 70s and 80s toys go for on the secondary market; we saw a mint NRFB Optimus Prime go for over several hundred dollars a couple of years ago (the gorgeous original, not the new stuff). Hah, must be nice...
    vLDcu1q.png
    "If you don't talk to your cat about catnip... who will?"

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited April 2012
    Ahh, GI Joe, and Transformers (80's ones, not the new ones), still got my lions and vehicles Voltron from the 80's as well. Not much of my Star Wars collection is left from that 'era', I played with them 'to death'. Literally, killing a few of them with a bb gun. I used to kick myself, but then I looked at the value on 'loose' Star Wars toys and it's nothing about which to cry. I didn't have a Jawa with Plastic cape MIB or a prototype Bobafett, so no huge deal.

Gyaaahhh you have Lions! *very jealous* I always liked the Lions better than the Vehicles. It's insane what some of the 70s and 80s toys go for on the secondary market; we saw a mint NRFB Optimus Prime go for over several hundred dollars a couple of years ago (the gorgeous original, not the new stuff). Hah, must be nice...

Well, 1) it's stuff I played with as a kid, and 2) while it's still in good condition, it certainly isn't MIB. But yeah, it's nice to have it. Now, if I could only find it!
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    Simmersaurus_RexSimmersaurus_Rex Posts: 3,021 New Member
    edited April 2012
    I'm so glad you decided to extend this round by a few more days Evie...turns out I caught a cold on top of my allergies from the weekend and I'm swamped with schoolwork, so I'll be cutting it pretty much as close as is possible for this one haha.
  • Options
    PistolkittenPistolkitten Posts: 5,413 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Will be getting all my scores done tonight so I'll just have to do the stragglers so everyone isn't waiting too long for the results and next assignment :D
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Ugh, so I hate to have to do this, but since it's nearing the end of the semester, my profs are piling all this work on me at once. I'm not going to be able to do my picture tonight like I'd hoped, so I'm going to have to drop. :(
  • Options
    JKAmaryllisJKAmaryllis Posts: 3,741 Member
    edited April 2012
    Aawww Rexy I hate to see you drop, but Hey maybe piggyback here and there and share with us?
    jz8tDGb.png
    Steam: JKAmaryllis
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    That's what I was thinking! After a lot of blanks as far as what to do for this assignment, I finally came up with an idea that I love. I still plan on doing it because I think it'll be interesting. :D

I'm probably going to be the loudest lurker this thread has ever seen, just so everyone's aware of that hahaha.

And I'll be back for Cycle 3 (if there's going to be one) :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Ugh, so I hate to have to do this, but since it's nearing the end of the semester, my profs are piling all this work on me at once. I'm not going to be able to do my picture tonight like I'd hoped, so I'm going to have to drop. :(

Unfortunately, EA forum screen shots aren't going for much $$$, so it's probably (read: IS) wise to focus on what's most important.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    BlissinatorBlissinator Posts: 664
    edited April 2012
    bump
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Rexy nooooooooo :( Seriously? Gahh...it's understandable...professors can break your BACK this time of year. Like JK said, you HAVE to piggyback, when you have time obviously. Aw man :( Well good luck with your studies and upcoming exams - don't wear yourself out!
    vLDcu1q.png

That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Rexy nooooooooo :( Seriously? Gahh...it's understandable...professors can break your BACK this time of year. Like JK said, you HAVE to piggyback, when you have time obviously. Aw man :( Well good luck with your studies and upcoming exams - don't wear yourself out!

Aww thanks Cele, it was really hard for me to have to drop since I had to do it the first time around too :( I was thinking, if I were allowed, I could whip up my entry right now, but then I realized I'd probably just have to drop out in a few weeks anyway because finals are coming up.

But I'll definitely be piggybacking assignments when I can and lurking the thread often. This competition is almost as much fun to watch as it is to compete in because everyone's so amazing :D

Also, I LOVE your entry Cel. I can't stop looking at it! Did you do a lot of editing on that?? And how did you make the big-headed townspeople?
  • Options
    CreatureFearSimsCreatureFearSims Posts: 234
    edited April 2012
    Aww Rexy, sorry to see you go, but I completely understand. Glad to see you'll be lurking. :)

...and yes, there definitely will be a cycle 3! ;)

Assignment is closed, sorry it took so long to post this, I've been getting the baby in the dishwasher all day!

Judges, feel free to post your scores in the judge panel. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Thanks Rexy :D I did more editing on this one than the last one, mostly lighting/textures, a little coloring, and the tree, extra sims, & grass/birds. The 'bigheads' are just sims with reeeeally big heads lol. And tiny emaciated little bodies (both from slider mods). I want to post close-up pictures of them and the bird-chicks on my blog to show the details (if I ever dust that thing off :shock: ).

We need to revive your Editing thread!
    vLDcu1q.png

• Options
    edited April 2012
    My scores will be fully completed tonight, trying to juggle a hundred things at once hehe
  • Options
    JKAmaryllisJKAmaryllis Posts: 3,741 Member
    edited April 2012
    Just a friendly bump because this thing is back on like page six lol
    jz8tDGb.png
    Steam: JKAmaryllis
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Well all my scores are in, think we are just waiting on Azaras comments and we are good to go!
  • Options
    SmileyNatSmileyNat Posts: 380
    edited April 2012

Awesome ^_^

Can't wait!
  • Options
    CreatureFearSimsCreatureFearSims Posts: 234
    edited April 2012
    2lcp5j.png1z4k19l.png 28upkjr.png 2zzj8d2.png 15my8gn.png w21sg3.png iym134.png dxd9nd.png

Scores & Assignment Posted!

1st Place: CeleSeraphym
    2nd Place: SmileyNat
    3rd Place: Simanims
    4th Place: Blissinator
    5th Place: DarleyMikey
    6th Place: Jaedub
    7th Place: JewelsRule
    8th Place: JKAmaryllis
    9th Place: Jess03
    10th Place: GigglyMe & SweetStop7
    11th Place: SweetCali4nia
    12th Place: TheMeeepMoop
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    LOVE the new assignments! Looking forward to seeing what everyone does with their images.

Sorry to see you go Meep, our first elimination of the cycle :(
  • Options
    SimanimsSimanims Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Seen it!

*squeee, LOVE my assignment pic!*
  • Options
    JewelsRuleJewelsRule Posts: 2,229 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Seen it, thanks for scores! I'm surprised I did so well. Sad to see you go Meep! :(

Congrats Cele. IDK how you do what you do but ****, I want to know! :lol:

Also seen my new assignment. I studied it for a while and I think I have an idea that might work (I hope!)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Thanks for scores judges.

Good luck Meepmoop.

Seen assignment picture. I'm stumped this time.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    GigglyMeGigglyMe Posts: 1,320
    edited April 2012
    seen the new assignment and scores. I think i may have an idea.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Seen the next assignment, holy CRAP that's cooL. CrapCrudMonkeyBubbles cooL. Too many random ideas swirling around now (most that I wouldn't know how to do)...need to focus on something concrete.

@Jewels, thank you :lol:

@Meep, good luck in your other competitions Meep, I'll lurk whatever you're in. :D

Thanks for the feedback judges!
    vLDcu1q.png

• Options
    jaedubjaedub Posts: 71
    edited April 2012
    Seen it!This is going to be pretty cool!
    Thanks a bunch for the feedback,Judges!! :D