Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone miss the Bayside, Asian Fusion and Storybooks Sets?

If you didn't get the chance to purchase these sets before they were removed from the store, and you would like to get a second chance at adding them to your game, then you can sign my petition here.

I'm hoping that we get enough people to sign so eventually something happens about this as I really want to download these sets and I know quite a few others do too. It seems strange that EA would just take away a money-making opportunity like this and also deprive new simmers of these great sets...

--Wibble =)

Comments

• Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited November 2011
    They were up for nearly two years and they announced in the Spring they were going away. Not sure why people didn't purchase them then as they had plenty of time to do so. They can't keep that stuff on the servers forever. They need to make room for newer content. :wink:

EDIT: Asian Fusion and Bayside Bathroom are still available in the Best of 2010 Collection Compilation Set.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    WibbleLikeAJellyWibbleLikeAJelly Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited November 2011
    blunote00 wrote:
    They were up for nearly two years and they announced in the Spring they were going away. Not sure why people didn't purchase them then as they had plenty of time to do so. They can't keep that stuff on the servers forever. They need to make room for newer content. :wink:

They must still be on the servers somewhere though because all those people who downloaded the sets can still get them from Purchase History, and if they weren't on the servers, where would they download them from there?

It just seems so easy for EA to put these back on the Store. Every time I look at the Bayside set I'm so tempted by the images... but so annoyed at the Not Available button...
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited November 2011
    blunote00 wrote:

They must still be on the servers somewhere though because all those people who downloaded the sets can still get them from Purchase History, and if they weren't on the servers, where would they download them from there?

It just seems so easy for EA to put these back on the Store. Every time I look at the Bayside set I'm so tempted by the images... but so annoyed at the Not Available button...
    I'm would assume there is certain criteria that has to be met in order for those of us who already have those set to be able to download them from the server. It may be a different group of servers than the one the store is on as it would have to track every accounts PH. I really don't see them adding the old items back outside of a compilation set. If anything, I see them archiving more sets from the store.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    WibbleLikeAJellyWibbleLikeAJelly Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited November 2011
    blunote00 wrote:
    blunote00 wrote:

I'm would assume there is certain criteria that has to be met in order for those of us who already have those set to be able to download them from the server. It may be a different group of servers than the one the store is on as it would have to track every accounts PH. I really don't see them adding the old items back outside of a compilation set. If anything, I see them archiving more sets from the store.

Spring Cleaning Compiltion :lol:

Seriously though, I'd still be happy with a compilation, as long as I can get my hands on those items I'll be fine :)