Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TUTORIAL :: Adding basements to existing houses with foundation :: No demolishing necessary!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    LucyBorgiaLucyBorgia Posts: 753 Member
    edited May 2013
    Thank you, Spartan, for a fantastic tutorial that let me put a basement in my legacy house! It took me a few times to get it usable, but that was my learning curve as the first time of using cfe . For anyone trying it & having problems with their Sims not bring able to use the stairs, can I suggest having walls up, so you realise you forgot to delete that wall your Sims can't walk through... :-)
  • Options
    Effix79Effix79 Posts: 500 Member
    edited May 2013
    Thanks! Bookmarked
    BIGSbne.jpg
  • Options
    LadyPietaLadyPieta Posts: 124 Member
    edited June 2013
    Just found this - great tutorial and I now don't have to demolish an entire house to fit in a basement! Thank you for making it! ~Pieta
  • Options
    KingRayVetKingRayVet Posts: 25 Member
    edited November 2013
    I couldn't get this to work!!!! The mid-level (top) landing couldn't be placed; not enough room. I'd give my bottom dollar to get this to work right. Seems like I have to have many more tiles than 6 to get that second set of stairs to be placed. Help!
    KingRay
  • Options
    Angel_D0109Angel_D0109 Posts: 1,264 Member
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for the great tutorial! Totally bookmarked this...
  • Options
    BenieBenie Posts: 30
    edited January 2014
    Nevermind, I got it. Thanks for the tutorial. :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    edited January 2014
    Wow I am glad this got bumped! :) Great tutorial!! :D Bookmarked it! :D
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    missy2311missy2311 Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited January 2014
    I am glad this got bumped too. It is a great tutorial, i am definitely bookmarking it for future use. Thank you so much for this tutorial :D
    a.k.a. Catherine

• Options
    briannahulu01briannahulu01 Posts: 3
    edited January 2014
    I did what you said for the lighting glitch but its still there :( help me please D:
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited January 2014
    This is so useful! The demolishing method was causing me many headaches. Thanks very much for sharing :mrgreen:
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited January 2014
    I read this a few days ago - maybe a bit more - and thought it was wonderful. Then I lost track of it. Now I have it bookmarked.

Thank you for this info.

I'm about to start building something - haven't decided what yet. Now that I've found this wonderful tutorial again I am going to put whatever I build (probably a small house) on a foundation so I can try this to see if I can do it too. :lol:
  • Options
    sarahfdavis06sarahfdavis06 Posts: 7
    edited March 2014
    I know this thread is old but I just started playing TS3 a few weeks ago. I started playing and using already built homes and I decided to try and build a home myself. Finally, after spending several days building the perfect home for my sim, I realized that I needed more space and I was elated to find your tutorial! I followed your instructions step-by-step (I don't think I missed anything) and I came out with a perfect set of stairs! When I went into Live Mode to test them out, they don't work at all. A thought bubble comes up that says she can't use the stairs. I read on other posts that sometimes this happens but they can use the stairs coming up. So I used the moveobjects cheat to place her in the basement but she can't come up the steps either. The only issue I can think of is I used custom stairs (which I have placed in my house elsewhere and they work fine).

Can you offer any help? I will be so disapointed if I have to build another house for my sims :(
  • Options
    darkwidow11darkwidow11 Posts: 601 Member
    edited May 2014
    I made a thread here stating my problem. http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/750982.page Can someone help me? I have included pics.
  • Options
    Catwoman2026Catwoman2026 Posts: 1 New Member
    The stairs are there but the grass is still there and I can't delete it. Please help!
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    The stairs are there but the grass is still there and I can't delete it. Please help!

This is probably going to get closed as it's such an old thread. The way I get rid of grass is to use the terrain paint tool and hold down the ctrl button on the keyboard while painting the terrain paint I want to get rid of.

If you're using Sims 3 there is a basement tool that adds basements under any house, with or without a foundation. If you have a foundation then you may have problems adding stairs down to it. You won't encounter any grass in your basement if you use this tool.

If you are using Sims 3 and have problems adding the stairs to the basement I have a tutorial in my YouTube channel that shows step by step how to do it.

https://youtu.be/3z7xnOL7xJY

https://youtu.be/FbtfU3G6-lw

I didn't do one on how to add a basement as using the tool provided in build mode is very easy. Let me know if you have problems. But it's Sims 3 not Sims 4.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top