Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA: Please Bring Out Compilation Sets for Bayside, Asian Fusion and Storybook: Petition Here

WibbleLikeAJellyWibbleLikeAJelly Posts: 2,410 Member
I know that these sets, along with Ultra Lounge sets were taken down earlier this year for "spring cleaning", but we can still buy the Ultra Lounge Set as a compilation, and I think that, while EA probably won't bring back the sets individually, there's no harm in giving us a single Compilation for each of the sets. Then, they still save space in the Store, and we can have the sets back so simmers (like myself) who didn't get the chance to purchase the sets before they disappeared, can have a second chance.

I still honestly don't know why these sets were taken off... I'd just like to be able to download them :)

If you would also like to see these sets back as compilations, then sign the thread and hopefully something may happen.

Happy Simming :)

--Wibble

Signatures:

WibbleLikeAJelly
Reachsims
smashbridges20
typicalgemini
RoseRidge
JediAriel
zorba2357
will2586
AznSensei
ldmarko
Trufan1
MrHawk
Itzmee
midnightpearl
tigertots
anettesb
ZooProfessor3
tallcoolone
Daiyu
Cat0Eye
maria_loves_alex
MSladyTSO
ladyloki
rainwife
VRStevenson
Post edited by EA_Mage on

Comments

• Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited November 2011
    It never hurts to ask.

I am yet to find anyone who doesn't want Bayside and even with the new Imperial Bedroom Zen, we have nothing to replace Asian Fusion... so removing it doesn't make any sense to me.

Consider this signed.

I am lacking a few UL things I wish I could get. :(

• Options
    smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited November 2011
    Please add Storybook to this list. I have one part of the set, but would happily buy the complete set if it were available.
  • Options
    typicalgeminitypicalgemini Posts: 11,295 Member
    edited November 2011
    Agree. I love the bayside set. I own one item and that is the counter LOL
  • Options
    RoseRidgeRoseRidge Posts: 1,321 Member
    edited November 2011

Signed - this is something I too have been hoping for.
    Thank you for starting the petition.
  • Options
    JediArielJediAriel Posts: 4,870 Member
    edited November 2011
    I didn't find out about the "Spring Cleaning" until after the sets were already taken down. I've been a fan ever since the original games were released. I only own a few of the store sets because a lot of the ones I like are either too expensive right now or they are unavailable for download. The Asian Fusion and Storybook Sets are beautiful. Please make them available again and I will make every effort to purchase them. This is so important to me that it got me to get past my shyness to post. :oops:

And thank you to Wibble for starting this.

--JediAriel
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited November 2011
    JediAriel, welcome to the site! We don't bite. Well, most of us, most of the time. :wink:

It was very unfortunate to see the availability of these sets discontinued. The Store gave us about 30 days notice and these items were no loner available after June 13, 2011. For anyone who was not around during the few weeks that led up to that, and/or missed the notice on The Store's home page, they lost out. :(

The sad thing is that these items are still actually "in The Store" (on the servers) and for those who purchased them, they still have access to them so, in reality, they still could be made available if the company wanted to do so.

• Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited November 2011
    signed! Either in a compilation or as seperate sets they should be made available again.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Reachsims wrote:
    JediAriel, welcome to the site! We don't bite. Well, most of us, most of the time. :wink:

It was very unfortunate to see the availability of these sets discontinued. The Store gave us about 30 days notice and these items were no loner available after June 13, 2011. For anyone who was not around during the few weeks that led up to that, and/or missed the notice on The Store's home page, they lost out. :(

The sad thing is that these items are still actually "in The Store" (on the servers) and for those who purchased them, they still have access to them so, in reality, they still could be made available if the company wanted to do so.

Oh my, they went on my birthday :shock: :shock: I guess it is an unlucky number :cry::lol:
  • Options
    PsychoMasterXPsychoMasterX Posts: 2,553 New Member
    edited November 2011
    petition don't work, you're wasting your time
  • Options
    will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited November 2011
    Definitely signed!
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited November 2011
    OP, just so you know, if this does work, you may find yourself burned at the stake by some people.
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited November 2011
    So many have been made, yet they don't last long and die =(

I sign it too and hopefully EA does something to change this!
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited November 2011
    Agreed. They should have some type of clearance or sale section for them.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    Trufan1Trufan1 Posts: 4,425 Member
    edited November 2011
    *signs*

They got rid of some very useful sets. A lot of the store sets are fun like Futureshock and the Vegas sets. Those type of sets aren't really that versatile. The sets they got rid of were very good with integrating them into the game. In my opinion, Ultra Lounge could have been added into the base game or been made into a Stuff Pack. Everyone should have the opportunity to get it at a more affordable price. Asian Fusion adds onto World Adventures and Bayside fits well with Sunset Valley and Riverview. They should be made available again.

I really wish they would make the items invisible to those who don't own the them from the set because the way they're set up now is just a big tease.
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited November 2011
    I agree. Although I have all these sets I think it unfair to deny them from people who came later.

Leaving piracy the only option is not a good idea IMO. Put the stuff back on sale for those who want it.

At least all of the removed stuff works without conflict, unlike some of the stuff that is still available for sale.
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited November 2011
    ldmarko wrote:
    Agreed. They should have some type of clearance or sale section for them.

You do know what a "clearance" sale is right? It means you sell a product in order to get rid of it... i dunno if that contradicting the point of this thread.

The OP wants the sets to come back as individual buyable sets, even if it's on sale for a while. :\

They were on sale though before they were removed, a nice deal too.
  • Options
    ItzmeeItzmee Posts: 2,729 Member
    edited November 2011
    :evil: So they were made unavailable from the site a day after I joined the site :evil: The Storybook Set is probably one of my most wanted sets from the whole store. The Bayside, well, I don't really mind that going :oops: And the Asian Fusion and Ultra Lounge sets, I would've loved to be able to get the items individually. But I really want the Storybook set. It is one of the only sets that really suits my liking :roll:

Edit* Forgot to add, I sign :lol: Lol.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Itzmee wrote:
    :evil: So they were made unavailable from the site a day after I joined the site :evil: The Storybook Set is probably one of my most wanted sets from the whole store. The Bayside, well, I don't really mind that going :oops: And the Asian Fusion and Ultra Lounge sets, I would've loved to be able to get the items individually. But I really want the Storybook set. It is one of the only sets that really suits my liking :roll:

They went on my birthday :cry:
  • Options
    WibbleLikeAJellyWibbleLikeAJelly Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited November 2011
    petition don't work, you're wasting your time

As reachsims said "It never hurts to ask". This is petitioning for something that is so easy for EA to do. The sets are still on the Store, as pointed out by Reachsims also.
    OP, just so you know, if this does work, you may find yourself burned at the stake by some people.

Sorry Tanya but I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. People obviously agree with me because they're signing this petition...

From now on if you'd like to sign this, please include *signed*, or something similar, in your post. Thank you to everyone who has signed so far!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Itzmee wrote:

:cry: Aw. Happy Belated Birthday! :oops:
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Itzmee wrote:
    Itzmee wrote:

:cry: Aw. Happy Belated Birthday! :oops:

LOL.
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited November 2011
    yeah, I missed alot of them, so I want them back for me and my simmies, so I'll sign too please! cheers! :)
  • Options
    tigertotstigertots Posts: 1,865 Member
    edited November 2011
    I'll sign this petition, cannot believe it's that hard for EA to make these available, surely they know they will make money out of this and we all know big companies just lurve making money ;-)
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited November 2011
    Signing.... ready to gift to some if they bring it back...

did you hear that EA?.... money!
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    anettesb wrote:
    Signing.... ready to gift to some if they bring it back...

did you hear that EA?.... money!
    Lol :lol: I'm surprised they removed them. They would make so much more money if they kept them. Hmm, maybe this is all part of their plan :shock: Take them away from us, make us desperate, and then release them and everyone grabs them while they can! :lol: :roll: :lol: