Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reyes County -WIP- update 2013

Comments

• Options
    OuerbackerOuerbacker Posts: 301 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Virvatuli wrote:
    Looking as good as ever! I really like that graveyard. Will Reyes County have distant terrain upon completion?

Yeh ,It'll have a distant terrain. I just need to learn how to mesh . :? That'll probably take a while.
    SimRealtor wrote:
    I am definitely going to download this world but I can't find any clear instructions on how much CC is used.

That last Beta uses Graham's six decorative cars, Awesim's three cornices, Jynx's rabbithole rugs , 2 pictures that show Reyes, and about 13 terrain paints. All of this CC is in package format, so none of it'll get stuck to the world. It's all included in the CCReyes file included . This makes it very easy to put the CC in and to take it out. Also, the world includes a number of texture overrides. These are very temporary and will only load up if Reyes is the first world opened up after the game is started . To get rid of the texture overrides, one simply closes the game and starts it back up.

I'm really very happy to see that you like Reyes. You've been putting out lots of worlds, a number of which are really nice.

Sometime in the next week or two, I'll probably be releasing an update Beta , so it might be worth waiting until then to get it.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    VirvatuliVirvatuli Posts: 168 Member
    edited May 2012
    Ouerbacker wrote:
    Virvatuli wrote:
    Looking as good as ever! I really like that graveyard. Will Reyes County have distant terrain upon completion?

Yeh ,It'll have a distant terrain. I just need to learn how to mesh .

Good to hear! Best of luck with the meshing - I am sure it'll work out splendidly.
  • Options
    evclm6evclm6 Posts: 458 Member
    edited May 2012
    Oh wow is all I can say. This world is utterly amazing. You have done an excellent job !
  • Options
    ShaluaShalua Posts: 453 Member
    edited May 2012
    What EPs will this require?

I'm curious because I really love this world! It's beautiful! It's huge too, which normally I don't like, BUT there is a very concentrated town area, which I like a lot! That way I don't have to drive my sim across the whole map to go to work every day! (thats the main reason why I don't like sunset valley)

Anyway, I admire your mad skills, which seem to include just about everything. :O
  • Options
    MoonHarvest321MoonHarvest321 Posts: 79
    edited May 2012
    OMG ! Bookmarked ! This is so Amaaazzziiinnnngggg can't wait for the finish product !
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Thanks everyone

Shalua wrote:
    What EPs will this require?

I'm curious because I really love this world! It's beautiful! It's huge too, which normally I don't like, BUT there is a very concentrated town area, which I like a lot! That way I don't have to drive my sim across the whole map to go to work every day! (thats the main reason why I don't like sunset valley)

Anyway, I admire your mad skills, which seem to include just about everything. :O

This world will require all Eps up to Showtime. Stuff packs will be recommended but not necessary; the world will install and run without them.

new house

Screenshot-269-1.jpg

Screenshot-270-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    progress

Screenshot-277-2.jpg

Screenshot-278-3.jpg

Screenshot-276-2.jpg

Screenshot-272-2.jpg

Screenshot-273-1.jpg

Screenshot-274-2.jpg

Screenshot-279-4.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2012

progress on lots

Screenshot-288-2.jpg

Screenshot-287-1.jpg

Screenshot-285-1.jpg

Screenshot-284-2.jpg

Screenshot-290-2.jpg

Well, It's probably about time for me to put out an updated testing version.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1p8l2epu9c9l729

all EPs and Sps are recommended

Alongside the world file, a file of CC is also included. All of this CC is in package format and is not directly connected with the world file.

Remember , everything is still very much a WIP. Don't expect for anything to be finished. The reyescc file included in the download needs to go in your documents/electronic arts/the sims 3 / mods /packages folder. That's probably not quite the right location, but it's something like that. Just put it where package file CC goes.

please post any lag, problems, freezing , issues, and stuff like that.

The following third party CC is currently included in the world. This will not be the case once the world is finished.
    Jynx's rugs

http://customsims3.com/forums/thread-53.html

Graham's cars [ferry set]

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=431808

Awesim's cornices

http://awesims.sixty-ten.net/2010/12/10/miscellaneous-bits-for-the-sims-3/
  • Options
    katana_xkatana_x Posts: 1,163 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Phenomenal stuff, as always. You are very talented. I'll be checking back again soon, and often!
  • Options
    bogglemanboggleman Posts: 668 Member
    edited May 2012
    On the last picture on the building on the left would look better red :)
  • Options
    shaquillelouisashaquillelouisa Posts: 40
    edited May 2012
    I really like this world even while i only play in worlds made by my self.
    I am also getting a lot of inspiration from your lots and terrain textures.
    So could you please post some pictures of your progress and make à picture from wher you could see the entire map!
    Please do that this world is really amazing

Ps. I am going to download and subscribe it wen it is finishend! :D
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I really like this world even while i only play in worlds made by my self.
    I am also getting a lot of inspiration from your lots and terrain textures.
    So could you please post some pictures of your progress and make à picture from wher you could see the entire map!
    Please do that this world is really amazing

Ps. I am going to download and subscribe it wen it is finishend! :D

Once all of the terrain and vegetation is done, I'll get around to posting a straight down picture of the entire map.

boggleman wrote:
    On the last picture on the building on the left would look better red :)

If only the coffee shop and the beige building were there, I'd definitely agree. Though ,unfortunately ,there's a blue/green building just a little further to the left and ,due to the overuse of greens and reds around Christmas, those two colors don't go too well with each other.

progress

Screenshot-297-2.jpg

Screenshot-298-1.jpg

Screenshot-300-1.jpg

Screenshot-295-2.jpg

old prop house from some Simifornia movie - it's now a junkyard

Screenshot-306.jpg

Screenshot-304.jpg

Screenshot-305.jpg

• Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited May 2012
    That junkyard/house is phenomenal. Its architecture reminds me of TS2 Masion & Garden ... the interior is - :shock:

:thumbup:
  • Options
    ProfPlumbobProfPlumbob Posts: 355 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Your landscaping is literally the best I've ever seen and the world you are creating is one I can't wait to play. Fantastic!

The abandoned house on the hill reminds me of beetlejuice. Love it!
  • Options
    moefymoefy Posts: 251 Member
    edited May 2012
    beautiful world greet
    ings moefy
  • Options
    45rpm45rpm Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited May 2012
    Your junkyard house is great
    Reminds me of the house above the motel in Psycho.
  • Options
    JohnnywrJohnnywr Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited May 2012
    Ouerbacker, it`s just wonderful. Everything about Reyes County is brimming full of character. Your lot building is fabulous, and so realistic looking; your sculpting and terrain painting is beautiful, and so natural looking too.
    It`s a masterpiece in the making.
  • Options
    SamarkundSamarkund Posts: 5 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Omg this world is unbelievable!!! I read the entire forum hoping there would be a finished product at the end but sadly not, I'm so downloading it when you do post it though!!!!

(Btw with my own world I can't find a cliff style that looks good and I was wondering what sort of texture you used for yours, like was it a more dirt like texture or a rocky one?)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    gurra09gurra09 Posts: 138 Member
    edited May 2012
    This is... stunning. I haven't seen this before and then I stumbled upon it today while looking through the CAW forum. The half an hour it took to go through the whole thread and look at all the pictures was definitely worth it. I love to just look at it! :D
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Samarkund wrote:
    Omg this world is unbelievable!!! I read the entire forum hoping there would be a finished product at the end but sadly not, I'm so downloading it when you do post it though!!!!

(Btw with my own world I can't find a cliff style that looks good and I was wondering what sort of texture you used for yours, like was it a more dirt like texture or a rocky one?)

On the cliffs I use a mixture of three or four different rock terrain paints. This batch of paints would probably be best described as having a smooth stone texture. A few months back I uploaded the paints onto mediafire. Here's a link to all of the terrain paints used in Reyes. Since this was uploaded a while back, I'm not really quite sure what paints , other than the Reyes ones, are in it, so you might get a few extra terrain paints.

link for texture -these are all in a DDS format

http://www.mediafire.com/?cccc8yme3mdmeqg

The last few days I haven't really made much progress at all.

Screenshot-316-2.jpg

Screenshot-315-2.jpg

Screenshot-317-2.jpg

Tomorrow, when I've got time to work on stuff, I'll fix the couch.

Screenshot-311-1.jpg

Screenshot-312-1.jpg

Screenshot-313-2.jpg

Screenshot-314-2.jpg

larger pictures

http://s1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee510/Ouerbacker/

• Options
    SamarkundSamarkund Posts: 5 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Hey thanks so much for the terrain paints they're pretty cool they've given me a good idea of what I might use for my world. ^.^
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    progress

Screenshot-318-2.jpg

Screenshot-319-1.jpg

Screenshot-321-2.jpg

hotel
    Screenshot-322-2.jpg

Screenshot-323-1.jpg
  • Options
    MIss_SophieMIss_Sophie Posts: 107 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I have watched the progression of your world and I have to say it's stunning. The detail in your terrain is awesome. It's made me want to perfect the terrain in the worlds on which I'm working. I love seeing your post bumped up at the front of threads when you have completed an update. I love seeing pictures. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I have watched the progression of your world and I have to say it's stunning. The detail in your terrain is awesome. It's made me want to perfect the terrain in the worlds on which I'm working. I love seeing your post bumped up at the front of threads when you have completed an update. I love seeing pictures. :)

Thanks Sophie . After having sculpted and painted almost all of Reyes, I've learned that the goal is not really to have perfect terrain. Though lots of people are drawn to perfect terrain , the only thing that truly matters is what feelings the terrain brings out. I'm glad you like Reyes.

progress

Once the entire vineyard is fully painted , I'll then go about actually adding the vines. The vineyards name will be "The Sea Salt vineyard"

Screenshot-330-2.jpg

Screenshot-335-1.jpg

Screenshot-328-1.jpg

Screenshot-331-1.jpg

Screenshot-332-1.jpg
    experimental patch of plants- I need to export the world and see how these look ingame.

Screenshot-333-2.jpg
    and one new house

Screenshot-334-1.jpg
  • Options
    mvwheelockmvwheelock Posts: 79 New Member
    edited June 2012
    just beautiful. :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file