Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reyes County -WIP- update 2013

Comments

• Options
    benbluebenblue Posts: 612
    edited November 2011
    Amazing World :D

Will It contain cc? If so are you making a non cc version?
  • Options
    OuerbackerOuerbacker Posts: 301 New Member
    edited November 2011
    uksims3fan wrote:
    Wow! This is awesome!
    Is this going to be a Island world?

No, it will be connected to the mainland on one side.
    benblue wrote:
    Amazing World :D

Will It contain cc? If so are you making a non cc version?

This world will use about 8 or 9 nine pieces of CC . All but one will be custom ingame terrain paints. The last piece will be a CC distant terrain object which will hopefully fit into the terrain seemlessly. I guess I could make a no CC version, but it would probably look a little strange on one side.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I dont mean terrian paints ect, I mean cc objects in lots, Ive noticed the light house you made has cc windows, So will you be using cc in lots?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    benblue wrote:
    I dont mean terrian paints ect, I mean cc objects in lots, Ive noticed the light house you made has cc windows, So will you be using cc in lots?

There will be no CC on the lots. That lighthouse does not actually contain any CC . The lighthouse window was create by useing CFE to shorten a few walls . After doing that I placed a few LN windows around it. If you would like to take a look at it here is a link to an Alpha version.

http://www.mediafire.com/?m54mdtr44rconcg

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Ouerbacker wrote:
    benblue wrote:

There will be no CC on the lots. That lighthouse does not actually contain any CC . The lighthouse window was create by useing CFE to shorten a few walls . After doing that I placed a few LN windows around it. If you would like to take a look at it here is a link to an Alpha version.

http://www.mediafire.com/?m54mdtr44rconcg

Thank you so much, I will take a look, I love this world, Its amazing, Keep up the good work :D:D:D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi,

Hows the world comming along?

It looks so amazing, When i looked in the lots, I did see a CC poster, Apart from that the world is so stunning :wink:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    benblue wrote:
    Hi,

Hows the world comming along?

It looks so amazing, When i looked in the lots, I did see a CC poster, Apart from that the world is so stunning :wink:

I think that might be one of the posters from pets but I'm probably wrong. The terrain is slowly moving along. Here is a pic that shows the next large part slowly coming together. Most of the painting is still unfinished.

Screenshot-289.jpg

Screenshot-291-1.jpg

Screenshot-290-1.jpg

and a random lake

Screenshot-288-1.jpg

and also a house

Screenshot-275.jpg
  • Options
    PapaSmurf1PapaSmurf1 Posts: 497 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Look's like another great world in the making. As usual great work, your attention to detail is phenomenal.

Keep up the good work.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Looks amazing :D But the poster is CC, Because it shows up in the game launcher....

Btw, I love the Detail :wink:
  • Options
    8NiSci88NiSci8 Posts: 1,735 Member
    edited December 2011
    I looked at your alpha as well (I hope you don't mind :oops: ). The attention to detail is phenomenal. I really liked the sculpting that looked like dried up riverbeds. Did you sculpt that all by hand? This world looks so realistic. I can't wait to see future updates. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    benblue wrote:
    Looks amazing :D But the poster is CC, Because it shows up in the game launcher....

Btw, I love the Detail :wink:

Thanks for noticing the CC. I checked the launcher and found that you were indeed right. That poster is now no longer in reyes.
    8NiSci8 wrote:
    I looked at your alpha as well (I hope you don't mind :oops: ). The attention to detail is phenomenal. I really liked the sculpting that looked like dried up riverbeds. Did you sculpt that all by hand? This world looks so realistic. I can't wait to see future updates. :mrgreen:

I don't mind at all. All of the sculpting and painting is done by hand.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Screenshot-297-1.jpg

Screenshot-292-1.jpg

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the first new picture. It looks so realistic. Have you ever considered making a picture or video tutorial of your sculpting/painting method? It'd be fascinating to watch.

Good job! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    8NiSci8 wrote:
    I love the first new picture. It looks so realistic. Have you ever considered making a picture or video tutorial of your sculpting/painting method? It'd be fascinating to watch.

Good job! :mrgreen:

It's nice to know that you like it.

I have thought a little about making a video tutorial but nothing ever came of it. Since someone, in this case you , has asked about me making one I guess I might as well give it a shot. It might even turn out being somewhat enjoyable to make.

Screenshot-299.jpg

Screenshot-300.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know a lot of good sculpting comes from practice, but it's always inspiring to watch other people's methods. I also really like your erosion detail.
  • Options
    bogglemanboggleman Posts: 668 Member
    edited December 2011
    VeryVeryVeryVeryVeryVeryVeryVery Cool bookmarked for sure this is a quality world!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, I didn't end up doing the video this week. Unfortunately I've had a sore throat for the past few days. My plan is to talk throughout the entire tutorial. Talking for long periods of time and having a sore throat is simply a bad combination . By about the end of the weekend my sore throat will probably go away. That is when I'll try to make the tutorial.

and a few pictures

houses

Screenshot-317-1.jpg

Screenshot-318-1.jpg

Screenshot-315-1.jpg

Screenshot-316-1.jpg

these will all be used in the town section

terrain

Screenshot-328.jpg

Screenshot-327-1.jpg

more houses

Screenshot-326-1.jpg

The inside of one of the houses near the top of this post.
    Screenshot-320-1.jpg

and couches with cow print on them. cow print :lol:

Screenshot-324-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    :shock: Everything you make is so realistic! I love all of the new houses, great job. :thumbup:

Also, I hope you feel better and I look forward to seeing that tutorial video when you are.
  • Options
    Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited December 2011
    Wowzer, not only is the terrain painting excellent, your houses look like real ones...kinda make mine look like, well, you know... :wink:
  • Options
    QuailhogsQuailhogs Posts: 933 Member
    edited December 2011
    You are an excellent sculptor and your buildings fit in quite nicely with the environment. That world as a lot of character to it so far.
  • Options
    happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited December 2011
    your houses are so adorable. Like little doll houses. In a good way! LOL They are very realistic and your color choices are great.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks to everyone who has posted.

8NiSci8 wrote:
    :shock: Everything you make is so realistic! I love all of the new houses, great job. :thumbup:

Also, I hope you feel better and I look forward to seeing that tutorial video when you are.

Well, I started trying to work on the tutorial today. It didn't really work out to well. CAW and Fraps don't get along with each other very well. Whenever I switch from one category to another in CAW there is about a 50% chance CAW will throw a memory error and crash. Instead of making a video I think I'll just use pictures and text. Though this won't be quite as nice it should still be rather helpful. I'm sorry about getting your hopes up about the video. :oops:

I changed the yellow house around a little. Before it was just to tight. Now it's going to be the most overpriced 2 bedroom house in town.

Screenshot-330-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's fine, I don't want your CAW to crash. I like the new parts of your house too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Screenshot-3-8.jpg
    Screenshot-12-7.jpg

Screenshot-23-3.jpg

Screenshot-20-4.jpg

I'm going to use that section of terrain on the left for the tutorial.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited December 2011
    Insanely jealous here :P

Your lots are as brilliant as the sculpting and painting, Ouerbacker. I still can't believe how little attention this is getting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top