Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pregnancy - Please read

Before I decide to get my sim to have a baby..

Do you have any good tips for good pregnancy?? i want to have a positive pregnancy! p.s. i want a girl.

any good tips would be appreciated
thanks.

Comments

• Options
    FlydragonPlayerFlydragonPlayer Posts: 177 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Lots of watermelon (for a girl), keep her needs up and try to keep her away from to many negative moodlets that could pull her mood down.
  • Options
    iamRediamRed Posts: 65 New Member
    edited June 2009
    hehe. wow. watermelon? really? definately gonna try that now.

and fruits for boys? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    DemeterDollDemeterDoll Posts: 206 New Member
    edited June 2009
    iamRed wrote:

Apples=boys
    Watermelon=girls
  • Options
    SimsARLSimsARL Posts: 14,884 New Member
    edited June 2009
    iamRed wrote:

Three Servings of Apples = Boys
    Three servings of Watermelons = Girl
    Kids TV, Music, and Evcerything = Twins/Triplets
  • Options
    ToppenzapToppenzap Posts: 773 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Apples give a higher chance of boys, Watermelons for girls.

As to having a good pregnancy, the higher her mood is throughout it, the higher likelihood you'll be able to pick 1 or both of the traits. Day Spa's a great way to accomplish that for the whole pregnancy if you get a package or a massage.
  • Options
    FioreViolaFioreViola Posts: 92 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yep watermelons for girls and apples for boys.
    Make sure you have your sim read some pregnancy books so that you can choose the babies traits.
  • Options
    FlydragonPlayerFlydragonPlayer Posts: 177 New Member
    edited June 2009
    If you want triplets, make sure at least one of the parents has the Super Fertility trait and make sure the mother listens to the Kidz station and watches the Kidz channel for a bit.
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited June 2009
    Also, have your Sim read one or both pregnancy books in the Library (Totally Preggers and Incoming Baby) and have the husband or boyfriend give her a massage now and then during pregnancy to keep her comfortable, and you will get to pick both traits of the baby!
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited June 2009
    I can understand apples being related to boys 'adams apple' for example but where I wonder did EA get the idea that melons, in particular water melons are related to girls?
    raw
  • Options
    SusanitySusanity Posts: 90 New Member
    edited June 2009
    you dont need to read the books to pick the traits. as long as they have a healthy pregnancy or whatever, you can pick. i have never told my sims to read a pregnancy book but i have always picked the traits myself.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Pamhamlet wrote:
    Also, have your Sim read one or both pregnancy books in the Library (Totally Preggers and Incoming Baby) and have the husband or boyfriend give her a massage now and then during pregnancy to keep her comfortable, and you will get to pick both traits of the baby!
    Actually, doesn't really just depend on if she was Happy alot during the Pregnancy?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Evil_One wrote:
    I can understand apples being related to boys 'adams apple' for example but where I wonder did EA get the idea that melons, in particular water melons are related to girls?
    They probably didn't relate, they just picked a Random fruit.
    Lol, I'm not sure...;D
  • Options
    sugarhunnyuksugarhunnyuk Posts: 211 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Evil_One wrote:
    hmm i wonder lol ;)
  • Options
    SimToth1212SimToth1212 Posts: 512 Member
    edited June 2009
    Evil_One wrote:

:insertBeavis&*************:

"She said Melons." Hehe hehe.

...Still don't get it?
  • Options
    Gouka989Gouka989 Posts: 976 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Evil_One wrote:
    hmm i wonder lol ;)

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    simsincontrolsimsincontrol Posts: 102 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Like everyone else has already said, eat watermelons and avoid apples. Keep in mind that foods with apples in them will also give you boys.

-Simsin
  • Options
    sugarhunnyuksugarhunnyuk Posts: 211 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Gouka989 wrote:
    Evil_One wrote:
    hmm i wonder lol ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

is it that obvious hehe! :lol:
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited June 2009
    If you feel like it, you can also send the mom-to-be to get some medical advice at the hospital. I think it costs §200.

But yeah, as long as she's reasonably happy during the pregnancy, you'll get to pick the traits. I tested the medical advice thing and I kept my sim's needs almost completely bottomed out for the whole pregnancy (using testingcheatsenabled) and I still got to pick the traits--so I think that option is very good for anyone who has challenges keeping mom's mood high throughout the pregnancy :wink:
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.