Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hidden Springs, Barnacle Bay & Riverview won't install? They aren't in drop-down menu.

Hi, I posted about this issue last weekend, but I can't find the original post. I've had lots of difficulty getting the base game & Pets to function, but they are finally working (although I haven't tried to make any horses yet and there are lots of glitches).

After reinstalling the base game & Pets on my son's Mac Book (he has autism and can't do so himself), I reinstalled Generations and Ambitions for him. The games installed fine, but when I went to select a town to play in, only Appaloosa Plans and Sunset Valley were available in the menu. No sign of the towns that come with Ambitions and Generations. Strange!

I've also not had any luck installing my son's copies of Hidden Springs, Riverview, and Barnacle Bay, which is a separate issue, but maybe if I sort out one of these issues, I'll be able to fix both of them.

I hope someone else has had this problem or knows how to fix it.
I am very MacBook Pro-illiterate and my son is really disappointed I can't get his other towns for him. The MacBook Pro is the 15 inch.

Thanks,
Hillary Hays

Comments

• Options
    YAMMM7YAMMM7 Posts: 258
    edited October 2011
    Don't know why the other towns aren't working, but I know Generations doesn't have a town :) Thats all I know though sorry!
  • Options
    MedusafernMedusafern Posts: 58 Member
    edited October 2011
    Oh thanks, I didn't know that Generations doesn't have a town. I guess I never stopped to notice that. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Hi all, I still need help figuring out how to install Barnacle Bay, Hidden Springs and Riverview on my son's 15 inch MacBook Pro. On a PC the process is easy and automatic via the Launcher. But when I tried to download Hidden Springs recently, it refused to go in the Sims 3 folder. And even when I finally did get it in the folder, it wasn't in the in-game drop-down menu of towns. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Hi, I fixed the problem,the towns are installed now, thanks for all the help.
  • Options
    Emmarie13Emmarie13 Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    I'm having the same issue with riverview, how did you solve it?