Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need "Elderly Communities"!

DanteTheDarkDanteTheDark Posts: 926 New Member
Honestly with the elderly I find nothing to do with them all day other than cook and clean around the house or garden... they need their own activities instead of being a photo copy of my grandfather who sits around and complains all day. Now I don't mean retirement homes... I just mean like at 10AM they get picked up and taken to a elderly community center and brought back around 5ish... Honestly it would take a massive load off my shoulders to have them go somewhere instead of sitting around and then me scrambling to find something for them to do when they go stir crazy. ALL of my Sims work and one is a chef so cooking is a no go in my current household so my elderly Sims literally have nothing to do at all. But think about making this community and have it be like instead of "Business as Usual or Work Hard" make it like "Play Chess or Group Activities". Hell if you wanna add in the timeless classic have a "Eat Tapioca" option LOL.

FYI for those about to mention, "Well have them write books or something..." That doesn't help with them getting OUT and doing something... that and I already make about 250k+ on both of the grandparents in royalties already.

Comments

• Options
    DanteTheDarkDanteTheDark Posts: 926 New Member
    edited June 2009
    No one agrees???
  • Options
    simcrediblesimcredible Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree! Several elderly people that my grandma knows go to places to do things and well it keeps them busy. You should have the option to sign them up, because some people use them as babysitters. :)
  • Options
    SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
    edited June 2009
    I believe that I can speak for the elderly population - being an elder myself. We much prefer that you allow us to stay at home, keeping young-at-heart playing the sims!
  • Options
    KANDIIKANDII Posts: 52 New Member
    edited June 2009
    agreed
  • Options
    chloeserenachloeserena Posts: 332 Member
    edited June 2009
    they should do retirement homes.
  • Options
    patscatfrecklespatscatfreckles Posts: 1,035 Member
    edited September 2011
    How about sending them here? :oops: Dearhearts: this is my second (and probably my last) retirement community. My first one was downloaded over 1,000 times and recommended over 50 times (thank you! thank you!). I believe this one to be even better for your elderly sims as it's prettier (much more wooded - something I like) and just as complete. I used only items from the Basic Sims 3 game and no custom content (except for the paint tool on the basic game) This is on a 60 X 60 residential lot (it's difficult to meet all the needs of a retirement home on a smaller lot) a fully furnished, lovely church-sponsored retirement community where your elderly may remain active, meet friends and enjoy their later years. Here you will find 5 small cottages, 6 apartments, bistro with kitchen, clinic, gym, gathering room, reception area and offices: all protected by the gated entrance. There is a lovely prayer/meditation garden here, known only by the residents of the community. This home is open to all persons regardless of faith . Blessings, grandmom pat
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4593767
    Also, please feel free to visit my page (patscatfreckles) and my studio for more churches with graveyards, schools, etc.
    http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/patscatfreckles

• Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited September 2011
    yes day centres and bridge clubs and things in the handy craft hobbies like needle point . going on coach trips yes our elder sims need more full stop not just activies but hair colours and clothing too hell why not give them mobility scooters!
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited September 2011
    Haha, I send my little granny sim to the park and she hits on all the younger handsome sim guys lol! It's awesome~
  • Options
    IceBroIceBro Posts: 1,167 New Member
    edited September 2011
    O ahah, when i read the topic i thought you meant, elderly people that plays Sims 3 would like their own forum community. Haha :mrgreen: Blond me.
  • Options
    lovingredslovingreds Posts: 1,920 New Member
    edited September 2011
    I believe that I can speak for the elderly population - being an elder myself. We much prefer that you allow us to stay at home, keeping young-at-heart playing the sims!

Oh my god! I love the elderly, and can bear to send them away. I am very close to my grandparents, (just wait to these "youngsters" get old... 8)*karma* )
  • Options
    lovingredslovingreds Posts: 1,920 New Member
    edited September 2011
    IceBro wrote:
    O ahah, when i read the topic i thought you meant, elderly people that plays Sims 3 would like their own forum community. Haha :mrgreen: Blond me.

LMAO :D:D:D:lol:
  • Options
    Igotyoubabe1967Igotyoubabe1967 Posts: 511 Member
    edited September 2011
    that's an excellent idea!!! and when they come back with all fulfill and happy. maybe be even with more skills. love it. :mrgreen: