Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Launcher Not Working?

It was working last night at 2am,I came to play it today and I click on the huge play button on the launcher,and my cursor says it's loading,10 minutes later still no game,I click on the launcher and get the thing that says it's not responding.

Helppppp?

Comments

• Options
    ShanmarieShanmarie Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited October 2011
    :(
  • Options
    ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited October 2011
    just bypass the launcher and use the quick start method.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    How?
  • Options
    Blood0rchidBlood0rchid Posts: 669 New Member
    edited October 2011
    click the sims3.exe file in your SIMS 3 folder.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    lets see if i remember...
    go to program files/eagames/thesims3/game/bin

in there you should see an icon liek the desktop icon, or maybe there will be 2 of them, one of them is the exe file, you click it and it opens the game without the launcher
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I sound like such an idiot right now but where do I find that?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Oh right and thanks,but I don't have 'The Sims 3' Option to press,I have Ambitions and a few others :/
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    no i think its just in sims 3, trying to launch if from an ep may have unexpected results. but ive never tried so i dunno

you dont have just a sims 3 folder?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Nope,one second I'll screenshot you what I have.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Untitled-1.png
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    huh.. well thats odd. i guess look in your lastes EP folder and see if there is an exe in there
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Nope :/
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    do you have any other drives? perhaps base game is saved to another place.

my old pc has 2 drives an i saved base game on D drive, and forgot to save all the eps to d drive, so they were all on C hahaha
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Nope just one drive,I seem to have got it working now by using Late Night's game launcher thing,I'm not sure if it's worked fully though I will see when it loads...
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Yep it's working,thanks for the help :)
  • Options
    Blood0rchidBlood0rchid Posts: 669 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Just so you know, your Sims3.exe folder will be in your MY DOCUMENTS / EA folder.. not program files.
  • Options
    betweentwolungsbetweentwolungs Posts: 568 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Shanmarie wrote:
    It was working last night at 2am,I came to play it today and I click on the huge play button on the launcher,and my cursor says it's loading,10 minutes later still no game,I click on the launcher and get the thing that says it's not responding.

Helppppp?

Mine is doing the same thing! As for finding your folder, do you have an origin folder? Some of my stuff got put in an origin folder.

Do you have Program Files (x86)? That's where all my stuff is.

BTW, thank you guys for letting me know I could start without the launcher! I had to close the game after it froze last night and I'm really anxious to re-do the stuff I lost while building my house.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Just so you know, your Sims3.exe folder will be in your MY DOCUMENTS / EA folder.. not program files.

Mine is in program files, not documents.
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited October 2011
    Shanmarie wrote:

Helppppp?

The same exact thing started happening to me today. And I've made no changes to my game or computer EXCEPT for downloading some store gifts.
  • Options
    krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited October 2011
    if you have win 7 it may not say .exe behind it itll just say TSR but it works i just had to do that cuz i have the same issue!!! the launcher just isnt working now, i installed soem content..but it was official EA content!

mine was in Program Files
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I have windows 7, mine is titled TS3.exe
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    krimsonnox wrote:
    if you have win 7 it may not say .exe behind it itll just say TSR but it works i just had to do that cuz i have the same issue!!! the launcher just isnt working now, i installed soem content..but it was official EA content!

I installed EA content too, maybe that is the problem? I installed the Uber Toilet, Hak 2 Skool arcade, and the new premium bed thing.

edit* yes I did the quickstart thing, but that's not really the point. it's GREAT that I can get it going of course, but really wth is up with the launcher now! oh and on my windows 7 it's just TS3 so any who need to do it this way, just know that it could be either.
  • Options
    krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited October 2011
    i didnt install stuff from the store i installed the bonus stuff from an official EA German Magazine. I have had it installed before and it never gave me a problem!

i wonder why mine doesnt say .exe behind it..actually non of my files were showing the tags..maybe its a setting
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    krimsonnox wrote:

I installed EA content too, maybe that is the problem? I installed the Uber Toilet, Hak 2 Skool arcade, and the new premium bed thing.

A lot of people have been talking about having this problem on the forums. Some are saying it's origin, but some people are having the problem who don't have origin I guess. So IDK, but I don't think it's downloading EA content.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    krimsonnox wrote:

A lot of people have been talking about having this problem on the forums. Some are saying it's origin, but some people are having the problem who don't have origin I guess. So IDK, but I don't think it's downloading EA content.

It's just really weird, like we didn't just install a patch or anything lol...hmmm