Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way to package custom neighborhoods?

Is there a way to package a world? For instance Ive been building on a blank map.... Ive added community lots and lots of families and custom built homes (no premade homes in the town) Ive play tested every single lot, etc.

I was wondering if there is a way for me to share my map/world with others? I gave it to my husband by just copying the game files and tossing them on a thumb drive but id like to share my hard work with others. :) Any ideas?

EDIT:
Working off a mac so I am unable to use create a world >.< And I will (of course) obtain written permission from the creator of the maps I am using prior to packaging and uploading and give proper credit, etc. But before i get in to that I was just trying to figure out if it was possible and how it is done.

Comments

• Options
    SimShineSimShine Posts: 308 Member
    edited October 2011
    I'm not positive how to do it but I do know that there's a way to share neighborhoods. Hopefully someone who knows how will see this...maybe put something more specific about it in your title?
  • Options
    jessstewart88jessstewart88 Posts: 376 New Member
    edited October 2011
    SimShine wrote:
    I'm not positive how to do it but I do know that there's a way to share neighborhoods. Hopefully someone who knows how will see this...maybe put something more specific about it in your title?

Thank you, I went ahead and changed the title a tad and aded some extra information too :)
  • Options
    will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited October 2011
    Yes. If you go to Mediafire and create an account then you go to The Sims 3 folder-Saves-Then to the one you want and upload that to Mediafire.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Woohoo thank you SO much :)
  • Options
    will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited October 2011
    Make sure you copy the save and not load it because then it will be uploaded and you won't have it.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    That is very good to know, thank you!