Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is my sims 3 pets deformed?..

I bought the sims 3 pets a day ago and when i bought it my pets were all deformed like the horses jaw was down to its foot and the cats and dogs paws were all twisted, and their eyes were bulging out of their heads and when they walk or run it goes all crazy, I know for sure i dont need a new game card Im really confused and dissapointed.. :cry:

Comments

• Options
    Ashcroft31Ashcroft31 Posts: 1,154 New Member
    edited October 2011
    well it's starting to like the direct draw and the pixel shader is no longer reader the game language correctly,

so my advice to you for now check your graphics card vendor or where you get your drivers from for any known issues with your make and model of your card with any 3D gaming

so if you have say Nvidia then goto http://www.nvidia.com or if you have ATI then goto http://ati.amd.com

other than that try setting your graphics to performance rather than quality from the graphics card control center on your pc there and take it from there

• Options
    Shannon_NewcombShannon_Newcomb Posts: 19
    edited October 2011
    Many are having this issue. Many have even called EA themselves. The problem is EA didn't change how they made the animals, and that's why. Mine is the same way. EA is going to be making a patch that will be out in 1-2 weeks that will fix the issue.
  • Options
    elysehoeelysehoe Posts: 6
    edited October 2011
    Now that sounds like the way my animals look! I geuss there's nothing we can do but wait for a fix...
  • Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited October 2011
    Make sure your graphics card is supported. Chipset G31/33 are not compatible with the Pets expansion and threads have said that some people with certain Nvidia cards are also having trouble.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • Options
    Cupcake966Cupcake966 Posts: 15
    edited October 2011
    Many are having this issue. Many have even called EA themselves. The problem is EA didn't change how they made the animals, and that's why. Mine is the same way. EA is going to be making a patch that will be out in 1-2 weeks that will fix the issue.

1-2 weeks? ugh... :cry:
  • Options
    eddieshadzeddieshadz Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    Mine is the SAME
  • Options
    Georgie440Georgie440 Posts: 4
    edited January 2012
    mine sort of does that, it goes weird for a second and then it goes back to normal , but it only happens occasionally for me :?
  • Options
    jeanamariex3jeanamariex3 Posts: 1,274
    edited January 2012
    Georgie440 wrote:
    mine sort of does that, it goes weird for a second and then it goes back to normal , but it only happens occasionally for me :?

So does mine. The CAP mode is amazing. The fur is perfect. They will stretch out like they did with my G33/G31 Express Chipset, only they're like 6'0" and go back to normal.
  • Options
    multihorseygirlmultihorseygirl Posts: 3
    edited June 2012
    my animals are like that only horses are normal on mine my dogs and cats look like their loosing their eyes :(
  • Options
    chocolatemad2612chocolatemad2612 Posts: 3
    edited July 2012

I wish! did you say 1 or 2 WEEKS!! well you posted it on the 26/10/11 WHILE its the 6/6/12 now and THERE'S NO PATCH! SOMEONE SAVE US FROM THE SIMS 3 PETS DEFORMED MADNESS!! :evil: :!: :!:
  • Options
    MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited July 2012
    It is most likely your graphics card is not supported for pets. Which is something they can't and won't fix.

The issue they were supposed to fix back then was the temporary stretching/deformation during gameplay that lasts a few seconds.(it seems that fixed never worked since it still happens but it doesn't really matter since it barley ever happens. )
  • Options
    CMprincessCMprincess Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    When I bougt the sims 3 pets game, of course I was excited so I popped it in and downloded it onto my computer. But when I was making a pet, everything was messed up. The face was stretched all the way to his paws, the tail was crooked. The eyes were bulging out of his head. Everything was everywhere. It annoys me cuz I can't make make a story with pets in them. :evil:
  • Options
    RainbowDash444RainbowDash444 Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    Yea my pets are doing the same thing and its really freaking me out! :shock: :!:
  • Options
    Mint339Mint339 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Same with mine, my family is stuck with a wired mutant as a pet
  • Options
    Gia150Gia150 Posts: 273 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I found the hard way the game box said my card was supported Chipset G31/33.Then a little later came long a post it was not supported. I can play any game but the Pets, so looking into buying a better computer. I know I will need more CPU for the card also. So now I don't play the Sims 3 any longer. :(If it won't run the Pets with my card.Does anyone know if it will run Seasons or any other EP'S? I have been playing the Sim since 1 came along. I don't want to buy a compter that will not play the Sims beyond Pets. I look at Dells gaming computer's but what a price tag on them. Still unsure if the graphics card they have is supported. I do need a new computer but don't want to spent over 1,000 on it. Any help please thanks:)
  • Options
    mazdamjmx5mazdamjmx5 Posts: 79 Member
    edited August 2012
    Gia150 wrote:
    I found the hard way the game box said my card was supported Chipset G31/33.Then a little later came long a post it was not supported. I can play any game but the Pets, so looking into buying a better computer. I know I will need more CPU for the card also. So now I don't play the Sims 3 any longer. :(If it won't run the Pets with my card.Does anyone know if it will run Seasons or any other EP'S? I have been playing the Sim since 1 came along. I don't want to buy a compter that will not play the Sims beyond Pets. I look at Dells gaming computer's but what a price tag on them. Still unsure if the graphics card they have is supported. I do need a new computer but don't want to spent over 1,000 on it. Any help please thanks:)

Try looking at smaller independent computer shops. They usually build you a decent gaming computer for around £600. You can also tell them exactly what you want to use the computer for. My cost around £400 but I built mine myself.

My PC is a Core2 Duo 2GHz, 4GB RAM and an NVidia GeForce 9600GT. Mine plays Pets no problem.

Sorry if English Pounds are no help to you. Where are you from?
  • Options
    Shadow2SoulShadow2Soul Posts: 1,628 Member
    edited August 2012
    Gia150 wrote:

If your in the US, walmart.com has a few made by cyberpowerpc and ibuypower that would work wonders for TS3. My husband just got one from there and it cost him less then I could find the individual parts for, which is unusual. He did spend $1000 on the one he bought, but I've looked and there are quite a few that are cheaper than that and overkill for TS3.
  • Options
    Gia150Gia150 Posts: 273 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Thanks for all the info. . I bought a new computer a few months back the man gave his word it would play the Sims it did but not well at all,but did get a refund. I using my good credit to pay for mine, so cash is not a option not that much right now. Is their anyone besides Dell that sells good PC's for The Sims3? Last questiion what graphics card and CPU would any one says works well for them to run the Sim 3? :)
  • Options
    ewilson1114ewilson1114 Posts: 2,513 Member
    edited August 2012
    If you want something from Dell that is cheaper but will still play the games well, check out their Inspiron 15R SE (http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15r-se-7520/pd), the Inspiron 17R SE (http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-17r-se-7720/pd), and the XPS 15 (http://www.dell.com/us/p/xps-15-l521x/pd).
    Any of those three should run the game well, and at a fraction of the cost of Alienware.
  • Options
    Adair91Adair91 Posts: 2
    edited October 2012
    i never had a chance to play the sims3 pets
    and i bought it October 22......2011!!!!

:(:(:(:(:(:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    lulusophiasimslulusophiasims Posts: 4
    edited October 2012
    Is there actually a patch for it or are we just going to have to live with it?
  • Options
    Kaci12190Kaci12190 Posts: 2
    edited November 2012

Was there ever a fix for this problem?! I gave up playing the Sims altogether as the pets deformity frustrated me so much! I want to start playing again as I miss it, but wont play unless my pets get sorted!!
  • Options
    bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited November 2012
    Ok - it is well known by now that TS3 does NOT like integrated graphics chips. If your game is working with integrated graphics then great but it could break at any point. Next I'll say if EA claims that the game will play with said requirements either post new requirements or fix it (I doubt if either will happen). Most gamers know that the minimum requirements are just a guide line and that needs to be exceeded by as much as your pocket book (purse) can supply. It is hard to put the finger on the exact problem. Many integrated video chips meet or exceed the minimum requirement. But the chip needs a device driver to communicate with the operating system. Then the operating system needs to be up to date to be able to properly administer the hardware (video chip). Today's video chips are actually more complicated then the cpu. TS3 is a DX9 game (simulation) that should run on any DX9 computer but how well remains to be seen. I am not new to computer gaming and every new Tombraider game meant a trip to the computer store for an upgrade or new computer. When I buy a "gaming" computer I will probably be replacing it in about 2 years as technology has advanced so far as to make the old gaming computer not worth upgrading (cost vs performance). TS3 has pushed the sims franchise into the graphical gaming world and whether you like it or not if your into TS3 you are now part of it.

My newest computer:

MB GIGABYTE 970A-D3
    AMD FX-6100 6 core black edition
    8G ddr3 Corsair Vengeance memory
    EVGA GeForce 5500Ti 2G
    Cooler Master 600W psu
    1t WD black HD
    Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Sp1

I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • Options
    nester_07nester_07 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited November 2012
    My cat is invisible... I can't even click on it!
  • Options
    an1mallovean1mallove Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    i have the same problem its so anoying as i cant use the pets :( and i love animals but my deer are perfect