Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pet stops moving - can't interact!

My game was working normally, but as soon as I uninstalled my "Spellbook" so I can train my dog to Hunt - when I start up The Sims 3 Pets, and watch my Sims live their lives, the Dog just stands there and no matter what I qeue up for her to do, nothing happens! The dog just stands there, and the other sims and pets can't interact with her. It's like she's visually there, and I can click on her, and have other people qeue up an action with her - but nothing happens and she doesn't move!

Comments

• Options
    gentjt32gentjt32 Posts: 677 Member
    edited October 2011
    Had that happen to my horse. I ended up having to delete the family and start all over again. Plus took out my mods to see if that was causing it and so far it hasn't happened again.
  • Options
    SkidoodilybopSkidoodilybop Posts: 123 Member
    edited October 2011
    Really? I spent this whole last week on this family, I really REALLY don't want to have to start all over :( Does anyone have this problem as well, and found a way to fix it?
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    edited October 2011
    I have a similar issue, my cat just drops off the face of the planet -- her icon shows her as being away from the home lot, but if I try to go to her, the sceeen literally falls off teh edge of the map. I keep clicking to send her home but she won't move or come home :(
    It's driving me nutty b/c I had saved the game and exited, when I came back she was gone entirely, so I thought that was it - but when I moved the family to a new house, she was there again, but did the same thing by disappearing off the map and now i just have to sit and watch all her moods decrease and it's so sad. :cry:

I don't want to have to keep moving my family in and out of the house esp since the cat vanished only moments after moving into the house...
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    edited October 2011
    http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/2011/10/bug-animals-are-teleported-to-edge-of.html

I found that in relation to my issue -- I wonder if resetting your pet would allow it to move again?? Worth a try-- there is a link in that on how to reset your pet/sim. :)
  • Options
    Morbius98Morbius98 Posts: 13
    edited October 2011
    I have a similar issue, my cat just drops off the face of the planet -- her icon shows her as being away from the home lot, but if I try to go to her, the sceeen literally falls off teh edge of the map. I keep clicking to send her home but she won't move or come home :(

Sounds like your kitty is locked in hell. Didn't know EA added that to the game. lol.

I guess its a bug that changing lots lets you temporarily undo it. EA needs to fix that.
  • Options
    bela4bela4 Posts: 78 Member
    edited October 2011
    I had the pet spellbook bug and had to install overwatch mod to get it fixxed. I dont like having to run a mod to play but, having been a victim of the vanishing sims bug before the pets patch, I noticed they dont fix the game too fast when there is an issue. Try installing the overwatch mod. It worked for me and several other posters from an earlier thread.

Hope this helps you.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    My Dog is visible, and does not actually mess up my game at all - I just can't get her to go anywhere or do anything! It's like a statue with actions but can't follow through with them. I tried "MoveObjects on" and picked her up and put her by the front of her house lot, but moving her didn't 'reset' her at all. I'll try checking out that link for "resetting sims". Hope it works...
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Thanks Spacey! Now my dog is back to normal and playable!

... but even though I uninstalled the Spellbook, I STILL can't seem to skill-up my dog when being trained to Hunt.