Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Edit In CAS Help Please

Can somebody give this techno-noob detailed instructions how to Edit in CAS?

I saw on the Cheats that you hit Ctrl+Alt+Shift and type; TestingCheatsEnabled that much I can do, and even use the Motherlode command for 50k simoleans, but if I try the 'edit in cs' there (while playing the game) nothing happens.
:oops: :?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Comments

• Options
    SianystarSianystar Posts: 1,515 New Member
    edited October 2011
    After you've typed testingcheatsenabled true into the cheat bar (and pressed enter), shift and click on the Sim you want to edit. The option will come up to edit them in CAS :)

EDIT - be careful though, in some games doing this will make some of your sims younger each time you do it. Tis a bit glitched.
  • Options
    Capt_OdeeCapt_Odee Posts: 70 Member
    edited October 2011
    Gotcha... Thanks very much. Now if only I can get the dang PETS Store to show up in town.
  • Options
    brunettesimgirlbrunettesimgirl Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited October 2011
    Be aware that if you use the Edit in CAS cheat, unless they've fixed it, it's glitched.

When go to the "Edit in CAS" cheat, and leave CAS it rebounds your sim back to the beginning of that life stage. SO if you go into CAS as a YA and that sim is about to age up, when you leave CAS it will rebound that sim back to the beginning of the YA stage. It does this for each/any stage (not just YA--I just used that as an example) unless they've fixed it (I don't know if they have or not... I don't use this cheat to edit my sims in CAS, I use Twallan's MC to edit my sims in CAS).
    eOI9EQ4.gif
  • Options
    Sam7777777Sam7777777 Posts: 1,942 New Member
    edited October 2011
    When go to the "Edit in CAS" cheat, and leave CAS it rebounds your sim back to the beginning of that life stage.

Uhh oh, I used to do that cheat all the time on random townies that can't dress themselves nicely... Guess I gave them reverse-aging powers too :shock: