May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unicorns :(

I just love Unicorns and I've been trying adopt one, I hear so much great things about them.
Sad thing is, its day 6, week 1, and I havent seen a SINGLE one. None have come to Sunset Valley. Which makes me depressed. Is there any way I could find one? :?:

Comments

• Options
    Rubys13Rubys13 Posts: 2,897 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Hmmm, You should see them after 7pm. They go away again at 5am. You could download one from the exchange and add them to your family, otherwise patience is key.
  • Options
    x_Saffronx_Saffron Posts: 624 New Member
    edited October 2011
    You should play in AP, if you wanna see lots of them. I've seen 3 of them (all were black, though) since I got the game.
  • Options
    camtown00camtown00 Posts: 295 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I tried AP, haha and i always check around the town, at about midnight.. and nothing. I just like really want to find my own to adopt, haha Just want the experience. I'll download if i have too though
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Oh Right, I have seen one in the wild it was strolling around my lot and just had to adopt it :P So if you are lucky you may see one on your lot, Though i have been playing for about 10 hours in total (since i got the game the other day.) So hopefully one may show up!

Good Luck c;
  • Options
    CushlaLuvCushlaLuv Posts: 31
    edited October 2011
    You can go to map mode and look around. If you see a odd aura then a unicorn is nearby! Hope this helps :)
  • Options
    susielou22susielou22 Posts: 336
    edited October 2011
    Rubys13 wrote:
    Oh Right, I have seen one in the wild it was strolling around my lot and just had to adopt it :P So if you are lucky you may see one on your lot, Though i have been playing for about 10 hours in total (since i got the game the other day.) So hopefully one may show up!

Good Luck c;

By the way, refering to your siggy, you have all the EPs so are you asking for Stuff pack recommendations?
  • Options
    AZcokeacolaAZcokeacola Posts: 589 Member
    edited October 2011
    i dont use CC or mods and uploaded my unicorns if u need them. They expecting 1st baby.
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4736308
  • Options
    tinarusselltinarussell Posts: 114 Member
    edited October 2011
    No offense, but I think they are supposed to be somewhat hard to get...that's why there is a Lifetime Wish of owning a Unicorn ;) I want one too really bad so thanks for the post and hint of the icon :) I was actually afraid they would all be over seas and I don't travel a lot.
  • Options
    freckledrevoltfreckledrevolt Posts: 282 Member
    edited October 2011
    I don't know if this will help or not, but Unicorns can usually be found by a fishing spot.

Here is what a unicorn looks like on map view:
    2zzoi93.jpg

When you zoom in:
    23krbio.jpg

And up close:
    358szv6.jpg
  • Options
    CheerBabe15CheerBabe15 Posts: 203
    edited October 2011
    Really? None in Sunset vally? I Adopted two Black ones from the same spot!

Around 8-10 PM I see them!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    susielou22 wrote:
    Rubys13 wrote:

Good Luck c;

By the way, refering to your siggy, you have all the EPs so are you asking for Stuff pack recommendations?

Ah Yes, I forgot to change that when i updated it about pets, now it says Games which i doubt makes it any better.
    And oh i never knew about the map viewing and fishing spots i just randomly see them :P
  • Options
    Brody9962Brody9962 Posts: 272 Member
    edited January 2013
    I just got a unicorn today, one way you can do it (The way I did it...but I wont cheat to get a lifetime wish completed, but I wanted to see if I could actually own a unicorn) I did Control + shift+ c and then typed testingcheatsenabled true, made my sim go over to allow the unicorn to sniff it, paused it (You would HAVE to pause it...or it will run away fast) Brought up the friendship as high as possible and then unpaused it, clicked the unicorn and was given the option to ask to join household. To be honest with you, nothing special about owning one except it can ignite, extinguish flames, curse people, and bless as well. Oh and I have the option to return to the wild. In no way am I doing that. But if you dont want to cheat to do it, you just have to be patient like if you were wanting a specific stray dog or cat. because I cheated I am not sure how high your friendship has to be. The one I got was already mastered at jumping and riding. and then I bred her with my stallion and they had a baby foal. Hope this helps to both the ones who want to use a cheat code and those who dont. My unicorn, the first one I aquired (second one was born on my property) is the only horse I own that actually leaves the property and runs around town, but she always comes back.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Also, not sure if this helps. I play hidden springs, if your having a hard time in your area, you can create a sim, get the unicorn, package it up and then reinstall it as custom content and merg that sim with your main sim in whatever town you play in, then move the sim out of the house and you will get to keep your unicorn. But I have been playing for about 2 weeks nonstop or close enough and saw my first one today. I only had pets for maybe...a few days now. So, be patient, or maybe you can check local parks, take a stroll. Zoom the camera out and look for a horse with a rainbow when its drinking or sparkling stars as it runs, thats a unicorn, and if you dont want a black one then you can still obtain it as your pet after some work, and then enabled the testingcheats and then..I think its shift right click, and you should be able to modify its look..havent tried that with the unicorn but I think it will work..
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Oh and not sure if this helps either...but I have horses on my lot, and the horses hjave a lifetime reward where I am a friend of the herds. Wild horses show up all the time because of it, that might increase chances of seeing a unicorn.