Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

any update on graham's pet swap shop?

i am searching the forum and can't find out of anyone has had any luck installing the pet shop despite all the tips ppl have given us? has anyone been successful?

Comments

• Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited October 2011
    I've had no problems with it whatsoever.
  • Options
    HappyHaunt1000HappyHaunt1000 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited October 2011
    I got it fine....
    My origin name is AStrangePuppy
  • Options
    hollzgirl1234hollzgirl1234 Posts: 25
    edited October 2011
    I got it fine as well :)
  • Options
    TipTopTobyTipTopToby Posts: 203 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I installed the game (which wasn't even the limited edition) on Friday. Then I looked in my purchase history and it was there, I then installed it to my game and it works.
  • Options
    BrokenAngel1119BrokenAngel1119 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited October 2011
    nkthgrt wrote:
    i am searching the forum and can't find out of anyone has had any luck installing the pet shop despite all the tips ppl have given us? has anyone been successful?

Are you having trouble installing it? Or have you not been able to find where to download it from? (I only ask because I thought it would automatically be in the install, but its not.)
  • Options
    becciburtbecciburt Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited October 2011
    mine downloaded and installed fine...
  • Options
    pandora4copandora4co Posts: 729 Member
    edited October 2011
    I didn't have anyproblems downloading or installing it...
  • Options
    Morbius98Morbius98 Posts: 13
    edited October 2011
    I dropped mine in at 141 Nandina Parkway. However, I did have some difficulty a few times.

In several new games, the first few times went right in without a hitch. But other times I had to first go to the lot in build mode and delete whatever was there. Then it went right in. Not sure if some random sim left something, or some seed or rock spawned in it. But yes, in some games where I had never touched the lot from the very beginning, I still had to delete it before I could drop in the pet shop. And in other games it dropped right in without issue.

Perhaps something like that is going on?
  • Options
    goofhead1goofhead1 Posts: 7,282 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Works fine with me
  • Options
    laurenlopa12laurenlopa12 Posts: 148
    edited October 2011
    when i finally located it and pressed "download" it didnt. I have waited and waited on the download screen with a little mouse that spins. NOTHING HAPPENED. Waited for at least 20 minutes.
  • Options
    ems0309ems0309 Posts: 541 Member
    edited October 2011
    Its showing in my launcher as a buy object, I got all the new pet supplies i can buy in buy mode, but I can't find the actual pet shop.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited October 2011
    Installed and in the community lot tab from Edit Town. All functions are working, took a couple of sim days for a salesman to the register.

My sim is able to purchase from the register.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    SelanniiSelannii Posts: 20 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I can download it but it never shows up in my game. I thought it might be because of maybe some mods or something so I wiped my whole game out and did a fresh install of all 10 games. I still can not get it to show up in my game.
  • Options
    WhoozySimmy45WhoozySimmy45 Posts: 312 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I downloaded it just fine but it won't install. I get an error pop up that says "the process could not be started" when I try. It's like that with all my downloads now :/
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    zhaitanazhaitana Posts: 223 Member
    edited October 2011
    ems0309 wrote:
    Its showing in my launcher as a buy object, I got all the new pet supplies i can buy in buy mode, but I can't find the actual pet shop.

I have the same problem, all goes well, downloading, and installing but i cant find the actual pet shop any wear when i edit Town and look trough all the lots i can place there is no pet shop?????

And yes i have the special edition, and yes i have registered it on line as well, don all the things it says you should to get it..

Please help :?

Thank you x
  • Options
    Morbius98Morbius98 Posts: 13
    edited October 2011
    It doesn't show up in the game on its own. You have to go into edit mode and add it like its a custom lot. Downloading and installing via the launcher only makes it available to be installed into a lot. Searching everywhere for it without actually adding it to a lot is like downloading a sim from the exchange and wondering why your main sim hasn't changed to the new one. :D
  • Options
    DOLPHYDOLPHY Posts: 18 New Member
    edited November 2011
    zhaitana wrote:
    ems0309 wrote:

I have the same problem, all goes well, downloading, and installing but i cant find the actual pet shop any wear when i edit Town and look trough all the lots i can place there is no pet shop?????

And yes i have the special edition, and yes i have registered it on line as well, don all the things it says you should to get it..

Please help :?

Thank you x

i have the same problem toooo ! ):
    it's so frustrating !
    Morbius98 wrote:
    It doesn't show up in the game on its own. You have to go into edit mode and add it like its a custom lot. Downloading and installing via the launcher only makes it available to be installed into a lot. Searching everywhere for it without actually adding it to a lot is like downloading a sim from the exchange and wondering why your main sim hasn't changed to the new one. :D

and for my case, i have tried looking at the library where you put those community lots and i cant find that shop tooo ! ):
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited November 2011
    Hi - even though the launcher said the Pet Shop was installed in my game, I couldn't find it. I finally deleted it off the launcher, re-downloaded it and reinstalled it.

It then finally showed up in Community lots. This might work for you.
  • Options
    MamaJenMamaJen Posts: 1 New Member
    edited October 2012
    even though i downloaded, installed, uninstalled and deleted several times, it still won't show up in my community lot build mode! what else could i try???
    Jen
  • Options
    Capt_OdeeCapt_Odee Posts: 70 Member
    nkthgrt wrote: »

Graham's and all the IAMS stuff disappeared from my game after Origin's last update! Tried Reinstalling it, and other affected packs to no avails. Still missing. Had to go to the Sims Exchange to download the shop, and this is really annoying the hell out of me, that I had to do that despite owning the CD!!
  • Options
    EA_MakoEA_Mako Posts: 846 EA Community Manager
    Hey @Capt_Odee,

Glad to hear you were able to get this downloaded via that workaround. This thread is extremely old so I'll be locking it to prevent any additional necro-posting, please be mindful of dates when replying to a thread. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top