Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims3 no longer loads after installing 1.2.7 upgrade!!!

pixelrpixelr Posts: 23 New Member
Title says it all. After installing the latest 1.2.7 update Sims3 just quits mid way through the loading process. I rebooted my iMac and ran the 'repair disk permissions' utility. Still no luck. I guess I'll have to re-install the original app.

Comments

• Options
    NataliaOfArcNataliaOfArc Posts: 69 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I was afraid this was going to happen to at least some people. Luckily mine still works but I think reinstalling might be your best shot, however horrible and annoying and boring that is...good luck!
  • Options
    bigblu666bigblu666 Posts: 74 New Member
    edited June 2009
    dont know if this applies to you but i have found the common source of that problem is mods

If you have any delete them and reinstall
  • Options
    pixelrpixelr Posts: 23 New Member
    edited June 2009
    bigblu666 wrote:
    dont know if this applies to you but i have found the common source of that problem is mods

If you have any delete them and reinstall

I suspected as much. I backed up 'my' sims3 folder, deleted and re-installed. Took a few tries but I now have a working 1.2.7 version. Now if I could only figure out how to re-dl'd riverview....... :(
  • Options
    bigblu666bigblu666 Posts: 74 New Member
    edited June 2009
    What is happening with riverview?
  • Options
    frenchfryfrenchfry Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i am not having that problem, but ALL MY STUFF IS GONE :cry:
  • Options
    OmgahitskaseyOmgahitskasey Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I deleted all my mods and my game launches but my family is gone. I still have my sunset valley files in my saves folder under EA games documents, but I don't know how to get them back in my game.

Any help? :roll:
  • Options
    ScraverXScraverX Posts: 762 New Member
    edited June 2009
    To re-dl' riverview you should just be able to go back to the store, or from 'My Page' on the site select 'download history' and you should have the option to dl' it again.