Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PETS!!!

Comments

• Options
    XSophieLovesAaronXXSophieLovesAaronX Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    In my personally opinion the pets expansion pack is one of the few that are actually worth buying. In some cases all you get with the expansion packs is just more clothes or furniture. These kind of things can be passed on through the Sim Exchange.
    However, I was quite dissapointed with TS2 PEP. For one the breeds in general were poor quality. The Sim Exchange could provide more breeds but I got fed up of having to go on there and download a new breed everytime I wanted one. And with the design features on TS3, as a animal expert myself, I feel even I will struggle to re-create the likeness of such exotic breeds as the goldendoodle, sloughi, chinese crested dog, tibetan spaniel, pappilon, hovawart, leonberger, or the bergamasco. On TS2 as well the breeds of animals were lacking and with the dogs in particular looked similar but not completely believable.
    I think that for TS3 PEP to show off and look better than all the others like TS3 has done, there needs to be more. Most or all of the breeds should be recognised in the game, you should be able to have them as puppies, adolescences, adults and elders as those are stages animals do go through. You should have breeders who live among the neighbourhood that you can buy animals from if you suddenly want them from the game, i.e one for cats, one for dogs, one for rabbits ect.
    There should be another neighbourhood included with the PEP where animal lovers and animals can live in harmony. One designed for these animal loving people filled with countryside walks for the dogs and riding paths for horses. With fences and things for cats to sit on and actual cat fights arising. Also a zoo in the neighbourhood because every family goes to a zoo at one time or another, it provides a wider variety of jobs for sims and it is also a nice community place to visit with your sims. At least if you cannot have farm animals as pets there should be a farm in the community to own/run, visit or work at like the farm. As well there should be a sealife centre or park like seaworld so sims can visit it or again work at it. Local dog shows, horse shows and farm shows held in the neighbourhood. Positions for animals whispers and such as jobs. Sims should be able to buy horses from the farm of livestock animals from the farm and zoo animals from the zoo. Also the sims should be able to have these animals from any life stage. Not just adults and elders but right from young animals to elder ones and the breeders should ask you to select the breed of animal to begin with, with pictures so you can see what they look like. With litters of puppies ect, the game should generate the mother and several puppies so that the sims can choose boys or girls and their favourite characteristics, markings, behaviours. As in litters of animals you tend to get top dog and bottom dog and followers.
    I disagree that training should not be included in the game because it is natural for pet owners.
    There needs to be more variety in the pets you can have, lizards, snakes, fish, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, gerbils, mice, horses, dogs, cats, sheep, pigs, chickens, ducks, cows, llamas - because of the 'llama memorial stadium' - and even monkeys.
    There is even a possiblity of adding zoo animals to the game able to own/buy. There are people who live with wolves and monkeys and lions. The Lion Man over in New Zealand. He owns deers, tigers, leopards and lions. I think it is a good idea and could have funny consequences. If a sim neglects their pet lion it could escape from the home and run wild eating other sims. If the sim doesn't contain their home properly and their pet elephant gets out and runs rampage through the streets destroying things. Or even if a sim takes their pet crocadile out to the beach for a swim and it 'accidently' eats the neighbours cat. Also farm animals as pets with the abbility to run a farm in their home.
    The limit to 8 members of the family should be removed. My animals count as my family but with the inclusion of the TS3 PEP the family limit should be removed so that you can have a huge family. I personally have nine other siblings and my parents and have constantly found it annoying that I cannot create my family on the sims.
    I also think that the wish eliment would need to be changed if pets were added as no stupid wishes like 'play with dog' or 'pick up cat' should be allowed. Perhaps one of the traits that a sim could aqquire would be favourite animal and one of the sims lifetime goals or wishes could be own their favourite animal or see it in the zoo.
    As I am guessing you, as creators of sims, must have a lot of expansion packs to create and must have a lot of people telling you what you should and shouldn't do. In all honesty if an expansion pack of TS3 including pets was like all I mentioned above I would buy a copy and sit here and play on it all day. I would run the zoo and own lions and whales and make my sims live happily ever after - i myself might end up with bad eyesight and in desperate need to make my own hygiene moodlet go up because I would have spent so much time on the game I would have given up the rest of my life :D.
    However, if you could just try and see if these suggestions would come into play at all then it would be amazing.
    Thank You
    x
  • Options
    YodahereYodahere Posts: 62 New Member
    edited July 2009
    pets? good idea but frankly there are far more important things that should be added into the game first (IMO of course :P

hotubs, weather, more instruments and something really needs to be done about the way the neighbourhood is managed. also i would like to make my own neighbourhood :)

i would love to see pets added but PLEASE not as the first ex pack and definately not limited to only a few pets, i want snakes and lizards! :)
  • Options
    SabsyRinaJackGurlSabsyRinaJackGurl Posts: 4,226 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Avie wrote:
    Gawd I HATED Pets in S2. It was the wantspam that did my head in. As S3 dosen't have wants...as such...well yeah.

Oh God. It's gonna be horrible isn't it?

Me too! It was such an annoying expansion. I sold it for $5.
  • Options
    SabsyRinaJackGurlSabsyRinaJackGurl Posts: 4,226 New Member
    edited July 2009
    And plus, this game is aimed at like 12year olds! They aren't really going to consider putting dangerous animals or livestock in, what kids enjoy livestock? My mum has horses, they're hard work! Kids love cats and dogs :)

It says teen right on it.

12 year old = Not teen yet :wink:
  • Options
    Manna16Manna16 Posts: 157 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I would really want farm animals!
  • Options
    Bubby189Bubby189 Posts: 1,999 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I would love some pets,no just cats and dog,birds, and whatever that was in the little cage in Sims 2. Ferrets would be nice,lizards big and small, having active farm animals would be awesome. Feeding the chickens and horses.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited July 2009
    No Pets, unless your Sim acually has to go to a Pet Store and buy one. No wandering strays, please.

As for livestock, ain't gonna happen. If a company refuses to give their fans such basic requests as bunk beds, strollers, and washers/dryers, what makes people think they're going to put cows, pigs, chickens, and horses in the game?

Don't think it's gonna happen.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    SivilliaSivillia Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I would also like to see pets in sims3 but please less eating flowers and digging holes all over the place.
  • Options
    AyaBabeAyaBabe Posts: 311 Member
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, I really hope that this isn't the first expansion pack. Pets in TS3 would be such an annoyance. In the other games the pets were a PITA!! I do like pets irl, just not in my game!!
  • Options
    xlisamariexxlisamariex Posts: 243 Member
    edited July 2009
    Zeri wrote:
    yeah i think if they do pets again (and they had better) it needs to be alot better than they did before. i loved having pets but alot of things about that EP did get on my nerves.
    and i want horses, and perhapos other large animals. it would be nice to see a deer walking by, or have your garbage ravaged by a bear (remember clair the bear, anyone??)
    smaller tank pets like snakes, rabbits and such would be awesome too. i cant make a realistic house of my own self because i dont have snakes and things.

and for all you pet naysayers out there, look, its an EP.. its not nessesary addition to the game that you will be forced to deal with.. you dont like it having pets, fine. leave it at the store..

i remember claire the bear!! i miss her lol. and its true, if you dont like the EP then dont buy it, but let us other thousands of people who DO like the pets expansion pack have our moments and be happy with our pets. i feel as if my family isnt complete because i have no pets. i miss them.
  • Options
    xlisamariexxlisamariex Posts: 243 Member
    edited July 2009
    bngbedard wrote:
    I want pets too. It seems weird not to have them in the game as I'm a pet person. I agree with others that having horses, lizards etc should be added.

Maybe a vet career too.

AGREED.
  • Options
    DanteTheDarkDanteTheDark Posts: 926 New Member
    edited July 2009
    4013_2007_free-cat.jpg

This picture is meant for humor.
  • Options
    Dooglers8Dooglers8 Posts: 716 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I think they should bring back the hambster disease from TS1. :twisted:
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    edited July 2009
    I really hope they don't release a pets EP. I found pets extremely annoying in sims 2. The auto-opening doors, the constant stream of pets coming onto your yard ...
  • Options
    arkhyelarkhyel Posts: 604 Member
    edited July 2009
    The sims need their pets!
  • Options
    innocentsorrowinnocentsorrow Posts: 1,089 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Yes pets!! Wait, seasons should be 1st Ep THEN pets. Got that, EA? :)
  • Options
    MSmakeoverMSmakeover Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2009
    What does: "I don't know any 12 yr old that has the attention span to play the Sims. Not to mention it's rated teen, and i wouldn't be letting my 12 yr old play a game with making out and woohoo with random people.

So, i have to disagree with the "aimed at 12 yr olds" comment." Have to do with the fact that people would like ea to make a pets ep for sims 3. i think its a great idea especially if they include:
    Chinchila, Bunnies, Dogs, Cats, Snakes, Horses/Ponies, Livestock

AX
  • Options
    TXDELIGHTTXDELIGHT Posts: 72 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I loved the pets..i would of buy that
  • Options
    candicebarroncandicebarron Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I have just started playing the Sims 3 and I like it so far except I would really like to have pets. Farm animals would be great too, Maybe a zoo that our sims could go visit. Hopefully animals will be created. I agree with what most have said there should be more interaction with the animals and more stuff for them, I really love playing the sims 2 and hope sims 3 gets pets soon. Hope everyone enjoys playing.
  • Options
    WeekendWarriorWeekendWarrior Posts: 91 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Opinion: I would hate a farm EP. I would have to cherry bomb the developer cubicles.
  • Options
    startamastartama Posts: 313 Member
    edited July 2009
    MSmakeover wrote:
    What does: "I don't know any 12 yr old that has the attention span to play the Sims. Not to mention it's rated teen, and i wouldn't be letting my 12 yr old play a game with making out and woohoo with random people.

So, i have to disagree with the "aimed at 12 yr olds" comment." Have to do with the fact that people would like ea to make a pets ep for sims 3. i think its a great idea especially if they include:
    Chinchila, Bunnies, Dogs, Cats, Snakes, Horses/Ponies, Livestock

AX

I was 9 when I started playing the sims 1 Deluxe. I'm not much older now, but I still love it. xD
    And technically it's okay for me to play it now.
  • Options
    PinkiePie618PinkiePie618 Posts: 798 Member
    edited July 2009
    Avie wrote:
    Gawd I HATED Pets in S2. It was the wantspam that did my head in. As S3 dosen't have wants...as such...well yeah.

Oh God. It's gonna be horrible isn't it?

I agree 10000 times over! I have such high hopes for pets....I hope they're met.
  • Options
    jkLegendaryjkLegendary Posts: 251 New Member
    edited July 2009
    i love animals but pets wasnt that great but ithink they should make one and just make it better than last time
  • Options
    cllevettcllevett Posts: 930 Member
    edited July 2009
    Jorc wrote:
    The pets expansion pack would be more worth it if they had like other animals, maybe farm animals, snakes, random animals. Also be able to breed them all, and like make farms etc and sell things like milk from cows, etc.

I COMPLETELY AGREE! I am refusing to buy the expansions packs for the Sims 3 generation until I know for sure they are worth it. I went ahead and bought most of the Sim 2 ones and they were soooo disappointing in general. For me, Seasons was my only truly fave! but free time was good too.
  • Options
    goldmoon1202goldmoon1202 Posts: 75 New Member
    edited July 2009
    No Pets. I didn't like that one. Having parents train toddlers in enough. Train the pets too was a pain. My 13 year old daughter got my old computer and she ask to download my sims 2 games since I don't play them no more. She even said not to put the pet on in. She doesn't like it either.